Topic: Incubation and Breeding rates

Offline Myr

• I Posted!
  • Myr has no influence.
Hi guys,
Just wondering what the feeling was on increasing breeding rates.

I have to admit to being a rabid breeder, but 8.7 days to raise a quetz is probably a bit of a showstopper!

I know I have used the longest as an example, but even an Argie is 2.5 days to rear, Rex is 97 hrs from memory too.

If it is decided to increase the breeding time, can reducing the feed requirements of babies be looked at as well...4x rearing speeds means 4x meat/berry consumption too...I can live with the vanilla consumption if it is decided to make the change  8)

Ohh, thanks muchly for fixing the Raging Aggressive Spino prob too !!

Posted: February 17, 2016, 11:20:18 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I've decided to read this out of context.

tehehe, rabid breeder...

Reply #1 Posted: February 17, 2016, 01:56:00 pm

Offline Myr

• I Posted!
  • Myr has no influence.
PFFFTTTTT!!!
At my age, I should be so lucky !

Reply #2 Posted: February 17, 2016, 01:58:55 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
i first read it as rabbit breeder....

breeding on the server is already quite high up. a lot more than standard. I will discuss this with some of the others and make an adjustment if need be.

feel free to add me on steam

Reply #3 Posted: February 17, 2016, 05:01:28 pm

Offline Myr

• I Posted!
  • Myr has no influence.
Hi Gutty, pretty sure you will find breeding rates are vanilla...taming is increased certainly. But I have been incubating a quetz egg for 16hrs....heh

Rates have not been reset due to a patch or somesuch ?

I am on Sever #1
Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:38:53 pm by Myr

Reply #4 Posted: February 17, 2016, 05:33:40 pm

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
I'd love to see the breeding/maturing rates increased also.  Everytime I look into my fertilised-egg fridge I have nightmare's and shut the door then back away... very quietly :o
Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:39:03 am by S][N

Reply #5 Posted: February 18, 2016, 12:36:40 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
yeah i will look at it. it is possible there was a reset with various updates.

also, remember that once its changed, you will need to breed again

Reply #6 Posted: February 18, 2016, 07:31:02 pm

Offline Myr

• I Posted!
  • Myr has no influence.
Thanks muchly sir.

Enjoying the server and appreciate the effort..drumming up a little interest in various quarters hopefully as well!

Reply #7 Posted: February 19, 2016, 01:08:29 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
here are the current settings:
MatingIntervalMultiplier=3.0?EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=80.0?BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=100.0?LayEggIntervalMultiplier=2?PoopIntervalMultiplier=2?DinoCountMultiplier=1.5

rechecked config and it was at stock, not sure why the command line is not being taken first. this may change again on next big update, but will try my best to keep on top of it.
restarting server now after making the changes back to what is mentioned above.
Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:38:05 pm by Gutty

Reply #8 Posted: February 20, 2016, 08:32:18 pm

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
Thanks once again Gutty, now time to bring in the next generation of dino's :D And Myr gets to breed his rabbits lol  ;)

Reply #9 Posted: February 20, 2016, 08:44:31 pm

Offline Myr

• I Posted!
  • Myr has no influence.
Thanks muchly...

Large rabbit breeding as we speak!

Reply #10 Posted: February 21, 2016, 06:00:20 pm