Topic: Motorcyclists of GetSome

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Vtwin is alot more prone to stalling as a learner but less gear changes but the early models tend to be numbing and buzzy on long trips due to being a twin and harder to maintain tuning wise and higher fuel usage.

Iine 4 of 250 cc or higher  is best maintenance wise and fuel wise. In older bikes.

Or the new parell twins like the Kawasaki 300 are great compromise between the good fueling and response of a 4 but  nicer power delivery of a twin.
Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:26:39 pm by Xsannz

Reply #350 Posted: November 04, 2014, 07:25:05 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Thought I'd post a link to my BST thread. Finally got around to dismantling my bike now that I'm mostly back on my feet. More surgery to come in the following weeks to hopefully correct a few misplaced bones in my left foot.

http://www.getsome.co.nz/forums/index.php?topic=87916.new#new

Reply #351 Posted: November 04, 2014, 07:45:31 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

So I decided against the 125cc I was looking at and upping my budget to 5K-ish. Wanting something a bit bigger and more capable of open road trips. I'm quite liking the look of VTR250's but am open to suggestions. What do you lot recommend?.

Depending how far your bum is from your feet this might be an idea? Just an idea.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/dual-purpose/auction-801093371.htm

However the suzuki SV650 would be a good idea:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-801760878.htm

reliable, easy to ride, comfy, tiny lil bit of sporty, semi-naked (if you bin it not so much to break off)

Reply #352 Posted: November 05, 2014, 12:02:38 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

So I decided against the 125cc I was looking at and upping my budget to 5K-ish. Wanting something a bit bigger and more capable of open road trips. I'm quite liking the look of VTR250's but am open to suggestions. What do you lot recommend?.

Depending how far your bum is from your feet this might be an idea? Just an idea.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/dual-purpose/auction-801093371.htm

However the suzuki SV650 would be a good idea:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-801760878.htm

reliable, easy to ride, comfy, tiny lil bit of sporty, semi-naked (if you bin it not so much to break off)

the SV isn't LAMS approved unless it is the SV650U/SV650SU variant (like my bike, only the FU model is LAMS approved)

Reply #353 Posted: November 05, 2014, 10:11:03 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Ooo, thanks a bunch Xsannz. I do like the thought of not being too upgrade for awhile so that last link looks great,  and is local to me.

Reply #355 Posted: November 05, 2014, 02:31:38 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
here is my daily, '00 250 Hornet

didn't know you rode Fez - loving the Striple style headlights

I have only been riding for about 4 months now

How much you get that for Fez?

I paid $3200 for it

Reply #356 Posted: November 05, 2014, 06:14:21 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Reply #357 Posted: November 05, 2014, 06:25:28 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Reply #358 Posted: November 06, 2014, 09:09:09 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
One day, you will be mine

oh yes you will be mine

http://www.colemans-suzuki.co.nz/motorcycles/Motorcycle/sport/251-gsx1300ra_hayabusa.aspx

I want the B-KING the naked 1300 hayabusa basically.

or a the DIAVEL   

Reply #359 Posted: November 06, 2014, 09:59:01 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Mmmmm Bking - very nice, ridden with one, but not on one :(

Same with the Diavel - not my style in general (cruisers/power cruisers aren't me) but damn looks evil

Reply #360 Posted: November 06, 2014, 10:18:09 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Mmmmm Bking - very nice, ridden with one, but not on one :(

Same with the Diavel - not my style in general (cruisers/power cruisers aren't me) but damn looks evil

bking and dial are more sport cruiser..  i am getting too old and broken to squash myself into contortionist dimension to fit the 1000cc sports bikes these days they are as small as 600s.

thats why i like the r1 as its a bigger bulkier bike, but even that was still not conducive to comfort.

i want a vfr but the new 2014 800f is heinous looking i like the earlier model with dual underseats.

anway i digress, no chance of getting one till the kids have aged some.

Reply #361 Posted: November 06, 2014, 10:22:39 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

knee down elbow down honda

Reply #362 Posted: November 07, 2014, 10:10:12 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Sitting the learners handling test tomorrow. Any pointers/things I need to watch out for?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=796273593
Also, I'm seriously contemplating getting this bike that Xsannz posted earlier. One question though, should I be concerned about the mileage on it (80,000km)? Or are the Gs500's really so reliable that that sort of mileaga is ok?

Reply #363 Posted: November 07, 2014, 07:02:43 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Sitting the learners handling test tomorrow. Any pointers/things I need to watch out for?

Also, I'm seriously contemplating getting this bike that Xsannz posted earlier. One question though, should I be concerned about the mileage on it (80,000km)? Or are the Gs500's really so reliable that that sort of mileaga is ok?

this day and age bikes mileage is comparable to cars if the maintenance has been done.

i would buy it in a heartbeat if in good nick and cosmetically the only thing is the scratch mentioned.

and being a suzuki means great number of dealerships to support you

as for your test.

Remain calm,

follow the instructions and overuse the rear brake, they judge heavily on that but down lock the rear wheel.

also stay smooth on the throttle keep a constant throttle and ride the clutch to even out any surges and keep just enough clutch engagement to keep power on the rear and you will be all good.
Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:49:57 pm by Xsannz

Reply #364 Posted: November 07, 2014, 08:47:29 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

They're probably super reliable, and as the guy says he's had the servicing done, but I wouldn't.

I'd hold out for something better, and I probably wouldn't spend $4300 on an 80,000 km carburetted bike (what is this the 1960s?)

Reply #365 Posted: November 07, 2014, 09:50:44 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
I think carburettor is good for first bike for learning mechanical aspects.

Reply #366 Posted: November 07, 2014, 10:15:23 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
Passed the handling test today, woo.

After having a play around on the test bike today I feel that the GS500F might be a bit to big and heavy, combine that with the fairing and I think I would be asking for trouble. Also with high KMs, I'm worried about the resale value when I want to move on.

Reply #367 Posted: November 08, 2014, 04:06:21 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Well done fair enough.

My recommendation would be tried find a kawasaki 300 2010 or later.

Reply #368 Posted: November 08, 2014, 06:29:22 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Well done fair enough.

fairings.

Go VTR250 or CB250.

Reply #369 Posted: November 08, 2014, 11:52:04 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
Well done fair enough.

fairings.

Go VTR250 or CB250.

I'm certainly leaning towards a VTR250, I love the look. The ninja 300 are just out of my price range, and yes, fairings.

Reply #370 Posted: November 09, 2014, 12:03:34 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Passed the handling test today, woo.

After having a play around on the test bike today I feel that the GS500F might be a bit to big and heavy, combine that with the fairing and I think I would be asking for trouble. Also with high KMs, I'm worried about the resale value when I want to move on.

As someone who rides its bigger LAMS approved brother - it is definately a second learners bike (as in, you have ridden a 250 hornet or VTR, dropped that a few times and are ready to ride a bigger bike)

also - if you are going to get a Faired bike - get Oggy Knobs/Frame Sliders - trust me on this

Reply #371 Posted: November 10, 2014, 09:09:55 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
Going to make an offer on this tonight/tomorrow. From what I can tell, $4k is pretty reasonable. Any reason I shouldn't?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-804971209.htm

Reply #372 Posted: November 12, 2014, 06:22:22 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Going to make an offer on this tonight/tomorrow. From what I can tell, $4k is pretty reasonable. Any reason I shouldn't?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-804971209.htm

Looks choice!

Im so jelly.

Reply #373 Posted: November 12, 2014, 06:24:29 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Good choice - you will have fun

Reply #374 Posted: November 13, 2014, 08:48:46 am