Topic: Motorcyclists of GetSome

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.

Reply #375 Posted: December 06, 2014, 03:01:16 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Passed my CBT2 today - only 4 errors, which is apparently a very good score - got to wait till April to get my full, but then its SBK  Time

Reply #376 Posted: December 20, 2014, 04:02:49 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
*Bump*

Am now the proud owner of a Full Licence - have my first round of Test rides booked for this Weekend

Wahoo!

Reply #377 Posted: April 08, 2015, 10:44:02 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
GG Dude

Reply #378 Posted: April 08, 2015, 10:44:48 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
*Bump*

Am now the proud owner of a Full Licence - have my first round of Test rides booked for this Weekend

Wahoo!

Well done mate.. Speaking of Bikes.. Saaaaaannnz I really need you to bring me my bike on a trailer :-) Pretty please with bacon lube on top.

Reply #379 Posted: April 08, 2015, 07:12:09 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Never posted back after I got my bike, here it is:

Reply #380 Posted: April 08, 2015, 07:35:06 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
*Bump*

Wahoo!

Well done mate.. Speaking of Bikes.. Saaaaaannnz I really need you to bring me my bike on a trailer :-) Pretty please with bacon lube on top.

away fro next 3 weeks as having the roof finally repaired in the lounge, and have to be out of the house while they do it.

I am getting 2 wheel itch again..  dont like the look of the new R1, so might just go back to my roots and buy a Rc51 again and do it up.

Reply #381 Posted: April 09, 2015, 06:56:59 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted

VTR250?

If so, nice

Reply #382 Posted: April 09, 2015, 08:41:59 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.

VTR250?

If so, nice

Yup

Reply #383 Posted: April 09, 2015, 05:50:06 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
I miss riding so much! Decided than when I do start riding again, I'm gonna get a custom one built by this dude, he does some awesome looking shit!

https://www.facebook.com/CarServiceSolutions?pnref=story

Reply #384 Posted: April 10, 2015, 04:54:17 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
I got to take out some 1000cc + toys on Sat.

Test rode:

GSX-R750
V-Strom 1000
GSX1250FA
and
a Hayabusa  ;D

See attechments for what a fat man looks like on a SuperBike

Reply #385 Posted: April 12, 2015, 03:30:33 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
lol, looks like a Viking on a GSX!

Reply #386 Posted: April 13, 2015, 12:02:19 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
lol, looks like a Viking on a GSX!

Also looks like a Chiropractors retirement fund!

Reply #387 Posted: April 13, 2015, 01:41:23 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I tried to fit my r6 into the back of a 84 suzuki super carry as a cheap ruapuna runner.

It didn't fit :(

Reply #388 Posted: April 13, 2015, 11:42:45 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
I accidentally a Hayabusa

(pictures soon)

Reply #389 Posted: May 16, 2015, 08:08:32 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Ohhh, better go see a Doctor for some ointment then!

Reply #390 Posted: May 16, 2015, 09:22:22 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Reply #391 Posted: May 16, 2015, 02:45:59 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Awesome.

I hope you won't mind some advice from someone who has been learning how to ride on superbike, and has managed to survive for a couple of years.

You already know how risky our demographic is, and provided you really, truly believe it, you'll probably be OK.

If you don't remind yourself of it, every single time you get on that bike, you'll hurt yourself, and people who love you.

Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:58:17 pm by Zarkov

Reply #392 Posted: May 16, 2015, 04:56:17 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Awesome.

I hope you won't mind some advice from someone who has been learning how to ride on superbike, and has managed to survive for a couple of years.

You already know how risky our demographic is, and provided you really, truly believe it, you'll probably be OK.

If you don't remind yourself of it, every single time you get on that bike, you'll hurt yourself, and people who love you.

Word - I am still getting used to the power on tap - spent an evening practicing emergency braking in carpark (getting used to how the front brake feels and how quickly the bike will haul up when the forks compress and it really starts to grip)

but yes - everytime I ride I get reminded of the calibre of NZ driver

Reply #393 Posted: May 16, 2015, 07:20:35 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
It was us, I was talking about.

Your defensive driving skills should take care of the what the other guy does.

We came to bikes later in life, and our default reactions in an emergency are wrong for motorbikes.

That's what's so hard to come to terms with.

Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:49:21 pm by Zarkov

Reply #394 Posted: May 16, 2015, 10:47:34 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Busa huh? That ride still up for offer?? Haha no no, I joke, especially after nearly writing myself off(a year ago last week), it's still going to be another year or two before I am willing to pilot another bike, as I won't allow myself to get back on one until the steel is out of my right leg. You'll definitely have to bring it round some time so I can have a gander.

Seeing what Zarkov has said though, I wish I had a few more years of riding and experience under my belt before I'd gone down; then I may have been able to react differently to the conditions and situation I was in. Ah well, live and learn, hopefully not making the same mistake. Nothing short of death will ever stop me from getting back on a bike though.

Reply #395 Posted: May 17, 2015, 02:53:57 am
Dr. λculał

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Busa huh? That ride still up for offer?? Haha no no, I joke, .

Get your full licence and sure ;)

Reply #396 Posted: May 17, 2015, 06:49:22 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
Busa huh? That ride still up for offer??

Careful TDL! I think he wants to go pillion and give you a reach-around!

Reply #397 Posted: May 17, 2015, 10:43:03 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Anyone keen on a Get Some Summer ride?

(yes I know its winter now...)

I'm thinking of an excuse to put names to actual faces, go for a ride somewhere that does a nice lunch/chilled beverages, then ride back to somewhere else that also does chilled beverages and talk bollucks.

Thinking about somewhere in Auckers (so if any of you non-aucklanders want to come up, you've got plenty of time to sort your shit)

Who is keen?

Reply #398 Posted: May 19, 2015, 09:59:35 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Anyone keen on a Get Some Summer ride?

(yes I know its winter now...)

I'm thinking of an excuse to put names to actual faces, go for a ride somewhere that does a nice lunch/chilled beverages, then ride back to somewhere else that also does chilled beverages and talk bollucks.

Thinking about somewhere in Auckers (so if any of you non-aucklanders want to come up, you've got plenty of time to sort your shit)

Who is keen?

On a nice/reasonable sort of day, I ride to destinations North of the bridge, any day of the week.

Regular destinations are Shelly Beach [North of Parakai], Muriwai, up the West Coast rd to Wellsford, across to Mangawhai, sometimes as far as Waipu, Matakana, Sandspit etc. [not all on the same day]

PM me.

Reply #399 Posted: May 19, 2015, 05:06:19 pm