Topic: Titanfall General Chat

Offline gliss

• Just settled in
  • gliss has no influence.
Being developed from ex IW people that left because they didn't like the way cod was going (aside from those being fired) I would hope we have some footage/beta test on Pc. Being only 2months away and we are only seeing alpha demo's now I'm hoping internally they are well within the beta development (although the alpha is looking pretty sweet). I guess time will tell and I hope we learn more about the server side of things soon. This game is really the only thing keeping me going for pc fps gaming so trying not to get my hopes up to much.

Reply #25 Posted: January 21, 2014, 01:03:13 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
The incessant advice from the commander about being close to points better be able to be turned off, cos that shit was annoying as anything in the footage I've watched.

Game looks sweet though, I hope they nail it for PC, I really do. I'll still remain cynical though... Alright, I might get a pre-order... Alright, if there's a sweet collector's I'll get that... ALRIGHT JUST TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY AGAIN EA...

Reply #26 Posted: January 21, 2014, 03:43:16 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
EA can suck my nuts on this one, I'll be waiting until it's out.

Reply #27 Posted: January 21, 2014, 03:45:05 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
No preorders. Ever. True fact.

Reply #28 Posted: January 21, 2014, 03:57:13 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline gliss

• Just settled in
Ill buy it. I always do. Just trying not to get my hopes up to much. Yeah that commander was a bit annoying surely be an option to turn it off. Hopefully there will be an AMA or something.

Reply #29 Posted: January 21, 2014, 08:12:39 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
are the system requirements out?
Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:57:12 am by kookynic

Reply #30 Posted: January 22, 2014, 11:53:12 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!

Not announced as yet. Game Debate predicts game requirements when they're not out, and they say decent dual core with 4GB of RAM and a recent GPU (AMD 6000 series).

Reply #31 Posted: January 22, 2014, 01:17:57 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...

Not announced as yet. Game Debate predicts game requirements when they're not out, and they say decent dual core with 4GB of RAM and a recent GPU (AMD 6000 series).

Sounds like new GFX card time. 2 x 5850's just isn't cutting it anymore.

Reply #32 Posted: January 22, 2014, 03:52:39 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

This.. anyone want to buy a Kidney?

Reply #33 Posted: January 22, 2014, 07:53:36 pm

Offline gliss

• Just settled in

It sounds like the graphics engine is based off a modified source engine so I would say 2 x 5850s should run it fine. But best to wait to see what the actual requirements will be.

Reply #34 Posted: January 22, 2014, 08:24:26 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Really? It's super pretty for Source...

Reply #35 Posted: January 23, 2014, 01:53:26 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Really? It's super pretty for Source...

From teh wikipedias:

Spoiler :
Respawn chose to build Titanfall on the Source game engine early in their production cycle due to their developers' familiarity and its ability to maintain 60 frames per second on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.[8] In an interview, Respawn software engineer Richard Baker said the company chose Source since Portal 2 performed well on the PlayStation 3 with it, and the console was "the riskiest platform in current gen".[8] The company built upon the engine during development in features such as lighting, rendering, visibility, networking, and tools pipelines.[27] The game also uses Microsoft's cloud computing for multiplayer servers, physics, and artificial intelligence.[22] Offloading this non-player activity frees the local console for visual rendering tasks and better graphics,[8] and the developers for game development (instead of backend maintenance).[28] This arrangement also determines world events in the cloud instead of locally, so position and movement data is downloaded simultaneously by all player-clients.[8] The studio's cloud server access is considered vital to the game's viability

Reply #36 Posted: January 23, 2014, 02:17:08 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Wow. Good job devs.

Reply #37 Posted: January 23, 2014, 02:23:29 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

Indeed WOW.

Theres a lot of thought in the engine.

Fingers Crossed that it works.

Reply #38 Posted: January 23, 2014, 03:03:58 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Great that they (and EA subsidiary) have used source, given that can be ported to Mac and ValveOS.

However not sure about the cloud stuff at all. The more you rely on the server side to do the work, the more you will need low latency and good speeds in both directions. Not much point in rendering a smooth 60fps (one frame every 16ms) if NZ internet conditions can't provide and receive data in a timely fashion, making the game jerky that way.

Reply #39 Posted: January 23, 2014, 03:29:34 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

Would VDSL2 smooth over that problem?

I am assuming there would be AUS based cloud servers....

Reply #40 Posted: January 23, 2014, 03:58:09 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Would VDSL2 smooth over that problem?

I am assuming there would be AUS based cloud servers....

VDSL should improve latency and upload speed, but I'm not sure thats going to help with the problem upstream, eg getting the data back and foward from an Australian data centre. 

We will just have to wait and see I guess.

Reply #41 Posted: January 23, 2014, 04:04:14 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
The cloud server and availability let alone matchmaking or game set up or however it will be done is a concern. I hope to shit it works. 6v6 will be viable, and I can see it happening like a Left 4 Dead lobby TBH - in fact, if they did it that way, it might be solid.

Time will tell, and I for one look forward to slamming a Titan to the floor and ripping some shit up.

Reply #42 Posted: January 23, 2014, 04:56:01 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
If you want more info on the whole server hosting via XBOX Live Cloud, this article from their website is pretty down to earth:
http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/

Reply #43 Posted: January 23, 2014, 05:00:37 pm

Offline Keeps

• I Posted!
  • Keeps has no influence.
Great post Arseynimz
Cheers for linking that article. That should clear up a lot of peoples questions and restore a bit of faith.

However, Since I have not owned a gaming console since the late 1990s. I just have one question.
How well does the xBox cloud perform? Ping wise etc. Hopefully somebody can share their experience with the xBox cloud.

Cheers :)

Reply #44 Posted: January 25, 2014, 03:09:41 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
Great post Arseynimz
Cheers for linking that article. That should clear up a lot of peoples questions and restore a bit of faith.

However, Since I have not owned a gaming console since the late 1990s. I just have one question.
How well does the xBox cloud perform? Ping wise etc. Hopefully somebody can share their experience with the xBox cloud.

Cheers :)

That's the thing dude, the implementation of game servers on XBOX Live's "Cloud" is a new thing - no one can answer that until Titanfall. =\

Reply #45 Posted: January 25, 2014, 05:59:39 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
That's the thing dude, the implementation of game servers on XBOX Live's "Cloud" is a new thing - no one can answer that until Titanfall. =\

They said its based on Microsoft's Azure cloud services.   Maybe someone is using Azure based services and can comment on the latency (if they don't have NZ based servers, I'd worry). 

Reply #46 Posted: January 25, 2014, 08:30:05 pm

Offline gliss

• Just settled in
Locations of MS Windows Azure services (I'm guessing this is where XBL Cloud services are) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Azure#Datacenter So looks like they are in Sydney and Melbourne (It does mention that they are annouced, so hope they are up soon, if not already). Considering most ping for us to there is about 40ms it shouldn't be to bad. Although of course having NZ services would be optimal I don't see it being a deal breaker.
Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:50:03 pm by gliss

Reply #47 Posted: January 26, 2014, 03:47:57 pm

Offline Keeps

• I Posted!
  • Keeps has no influence.
Wow, so there is no Azure in NZ?!?   >:(

Reply #48 Posted: January 26, 2014, 08:21:27 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

Cross platform matches?

Reply #49 Posted: January 27, 2014, 10:29:28 am