Topic: Dwarf Fortress

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
This is brilliant

Reply #50 Posted: November 23, 2015, 12:51:00 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
This is my swamp now.

Reply #51 Posted: November 23, 2015, 09:03:10 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
New version out, lots of cool new stuff...

New stuff
•Ability to designate taverns, temples and libraries in the fortress
•Taverns and libraries also exist in adventure mode and world generation
•Tavern keepers can serve drinks in both modes, goblets can be used by dwarves to drink (in taverns or otherwise)
•Performances include stories, poetry, music and dance (you can view activity descriptions from the unit/job list)
•Art forms are randomly generated for each civilization
•Instruments are now all generated, instruments can be used in both modes
•Most instruments are constructed from multiple pieces using different materials
•Personalities and values lead to needs which can be met by various actions in both modes
•The fort has visitors, residency petitions and eventual citizenship, including non-dwarves
•Tavern visitors include mercenaries, monster slayers, bandits, diplomats and performers
•Can set details for clothing/armor jobs to make them for other races that can equip items
•Monster slayers can petition your fortress to go down and fight monsters once you discover the underground
•Performance troupes are active in world generation and into play, visiting the fort, can be formed in adventure mode
•New knowledge system divided into nine branches (though it has very few practical effects so far)
•Fortress scholars can advance knowledge, form master-apprentice relationships and write down their findings
•Fortress scribes can copy works in your library
•Scholars can visit your fortress libraries, bringing knowledge from around the world
•Devoted historical figures can visit your fortress temples
•Three forms of writing material: papyrus sheets, paper sheets and parchment sheets
•Papyrus sheets are made directly from the plant at the farmer's workshop
•Paper is made from pressed slurries (start at the quern/mill, then go to a screw press)
•Parchment is made from hide and milk of lime at the tanner's (bake quicklime at a kiln, then make milk of lime at an ashery)
•Sheets are used to make quires or with rollers to make scrolls -- these are then used for writing
•Quires can be bound into codices with bindings after they contain writing
•Dwarves read books in the library (they don't need to be scholars)
•Values can be passed in writing (both modes) and through adventure mode arguments (uses some conversation skills)
•Animal people are playable as adventurers, arrive as fort visitors and sometimes live in towns in (playable) populations
•Children play with toys now, and they can also play make believe, in both modes
•Personality can be customized/randomized in adventure mode, appearance can be randomized as well
•Temples can be defiled in both modes, dwarf temples can be assigned to particular gods
•Adventurer can rent rooms in inns
•Adventurers can compose new poems, music and dances
•Adventurers can write material down on empty quires or scrolls
•Alcohol causes inebriation, erratic behavior, unconsciousness, death
•Festivals occur in world generation, though we haven't gotten them out of there yet
•Dwarves will wear trinkets again

Major bug fixes
•Fixed some army pathing issues
•Goblins have mounts again
•Fixed long-standing flow bug with unit occupancy
•Stopped some issues with brawls escalating to non-lethal

Other bug fixes/tweaks
•Looking at reaction screen for redded-out reactions in workshop will indicate missing reagents now
•Fixed inversion problem with half of the child/parent conversation thoughts
•Lots of historical figures that weren't around from the beginning didn't have deities when they were supposed to
•Allowed site finder to look for 1x1 sites
•Human civilizations now have randomized values
•Added ability to set invasion wave cap size

Reply #52 Posted: January 14, 2016, 09:18:00 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
You have my dwarf fortress finger tickling me again spacemonkey, I might go and check out the latest update.

Reply #53 Posted: January 14, 2016, 10:25:01 pm

You have my dwarf fortress finger tickling me again spacemonkey, I might go and check out the latest update.

I like the idea of taverns. And the fact that non-dwarves can come visit and ask to live in your fort.

Reply #54 Posted: January 15, 2016, 07:52:56 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in

I like the idea of taverns. And the fact that non-dwarves can come visit and ask to live in your fort.
This game has suddenly become more complex then I remember, I've been playing with the wiki open all the time.

Reply #55 Posted: January 15, 2016, 10:13:06 pm

I built a tavern.

In a volcano.

Anyone make trouble, they take a swim in hot magma.

I love the new tavern feature, makes your fort a much more lively place, visitors come from all over the world and recite poetry while the audience gets drunk.

Reply #56 Posted: January 21, 2016, 09:37:36 am

My fort got attacked by a waremoose. I thought I was safe behind my walls, until the waremoose fell into my fort through the top of the volcano. (My fort is built inside a hollowed out volcano), landing on and squishing a dwarf.

He then proceed to kill the visiting bards singing songs in the tavern.

Then I accidently catapulting their corpses into magma.

Reply #57 Posted: January 22, 2016, 09:20:06 am