Topic: Mars

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
No respawn though.

Reply #25 Posted: June 09, 2012, 12:51:48 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
No future anyway.

Reply #26 Posted: June 09, 2012, 10:03:38 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
There's a documentary about Mars on channel four right now.

Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:34:01 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #27 Posted: July 06, 2012, 09:03:19 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
It's intresting. This company has big ideas, and no money.

Just like me.

It's likey humans will land on Mars in the next 30 years, but the name on the side of the lander will be the company who paid the most.

(probaly google)

Reply #28 Posted: July 17, 2012, 11:48:56 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
I doubt we will remember google in 30 years

Reply #29 Posted: July 17, 2012, 01:47:08 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
mars street view. via google rover.. sweet.

Reply #30 Posted: July 17, 2012, 02:02:21 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I'll one-way to mars, but only if they start a breeding programme.

Reply #31 Posted: July 18, 2012, 11:23:07 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Mars One is making an announcement tomorrow about the Astronaut selection program.
http://mars-one.com/en/

I've already gone ahead and signed you all up.

Reply #32 Posted: April 22, 2013, 10:40:10 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1523914
I've already gone ahead and signed you all up.

I call shotgun for the trip there.

Reply #33 Posted: April 22, 2013, 10:59:10 am

Quote from: Scunner;1523918
I call shotgun for the trip there.

Don't worry, everyone will be given shotguns. It's safer that way.

Reply #34 Posted: April 22, 2013, 11:07:20 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I'm going.

Reply #35 Posted: April 22, 2013, 12:02:35 pm

So, they are taking applicants, you can sign up on the site.

You can view all the other applicants here, read about them and watch their videos.
http://applicants.mars-one.com/

Reply #36 Posted: April 23, 2013, 08:07:56 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Had a quick read of some of the "applicants".

They sound like bad ads from a dating agency video!

"I'm a critically discerning cosmopolitan, identifying with a variety of roles and yet very few." WTF?

"I am a student currently and in life indefinitely." - Rolls eyes.

"I have a passion for my studies at Reading University, philosophy" Oh, THAT will be handing in space or on another planet!

The fact that the top star rating you can give them is called "gorgeous" makes me wonder who set this site up!

Reply #37 Posted: April 23, 2013, 10:25:51 am

And these are the people who will boldly go where no man or woman has gone before. To explore strange new worlds. The first step of humanity into the unknown universe.

These critically discerning cosmopolitans from Reading University.

Reply #38 Posted: April 23, 2013, 10:36:30 am

I like microbiology and immunology, and I like reading books. Sometimes I do maths and read about the Universe on the Internet or in books. I write verses and a few songs, 'cause I like music and have graduated from music school. I like to drive my car and I adore my dog and tortoise.

She sometimes does maths.

Sometimes.

And adores her tortoise.

I doubt she'll be allowed to bring her dog and tortoise to Mars with her.

Reply #39 Posted: April 23, 2013, 10:43:30 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Gram

Reply #40 Posted: April 23, 2013, 10:47:13 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

I reckon they should send both Alexander's.

And both Sean's.

That's your four Mars colonists right there.

Reply #41 Posted: April 23, 2013, 10:47:50 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1523975
I reckon they should send both Alexander's.

And both Sean's.

That's your four Mars colonists right there.

Well, you'd be able to cut out any child raising considerations for the preparation of the first trip at least.

Reply #42 Posted: April 23, 2013, 11:19:45 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
wait a minute....we should tell everybody there's a giant space goat coming to eat the planet!

Reply #43 Posted: April 23, 2013, 11:37:19 am

While I admire the pioneering sprit of many of these applicants (they are down to a shortlist of a 100), I don't have so much for this guy.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11403573
For the chance to move to Mars, he'd happily leave it all behind.

It would be tougher, he said, saying goodbye to wife Emma and sons Sina, 14, and Ali, 4.

"It's a bit hard for them, but my wife is trying to understand the situation and she is supporting me, because this is something very important."

Dude, leaving your wife and kids, that's pretty harsh.

For me, no way I would ever leave my family behind.

Reply #44 Posted: February 20, 2015, 06:03:56 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Wifes/GF, maybe I could understand? But kids... WTF is that dude thinking.

Reply #45 Posted: February 20, 2015, 12:36:17 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

Wifes/GF, maybe I could understand? But kids... WTF is that dude thinking.

maybe he figures no way IRD gonna hit him up for Child support when he is on mars :P

but yeah i dont understand

Reply #46 Posted: February 20, 2015, 02:22:45 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Don't think this thing will get off the ground anytime soon.
http://spacenews.com/mars-one-suspends-work-on-robotic-missions/

“SSTL delivered the concept study for the Mars One communications system last year,” SSTL spokeswoman Joelle Sykes said Feb. 16. “There are no follow-on activities underway at the moment.
Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:48:00 pm by Bell

Reply #47 Posted: February 21, 2015, 12:46:05 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
While I admire the pioneering sprit of many of these applicants (they are down to a shortlist of a 100), I don't have so much for this guy.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11403573
For the chance to move to Mars, he'd happily leave it all behind.

It would be tougher, he said, saying goodbye to wife Emma and sons Sina, 14, and Ali, 4.

"It's a bit hard for them, but my wife is trying to understand the situation and she is supporting me, because this is something very important."

Dude, leaving your wife and kids, that's pretty harsh.

Dont be silly monkey, you dont have kids.

Also, watch that stupid movie Intersteller. You can easily contact your kids because love is the one thing that transcends dimensions of time and space, bla bla something something something Matt Damon.

Reply #48 Posted: February 22, 2015, 07:23:42 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

Reply #49 Posted: February 22, 2015, 02:46:31 pm
I am now banned from GetSome