Topic: Facebook buys oculus rift, and everyone goes stupid.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Facebook on Occulus Rift?
http://mashable.com/2014/03/31/oculus-rift-facebook-concept-video/

They have an Occulus Rift at the Invercargill Public Library

Library VR
It doesnt work with glasses though, so I am glad I did not buy one

Reply #50 Posted: April 04, 2014, 04:01:20 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Tiwa, didn't you have one of those mind control things?

How's that going?

Reply #51 Posted: April 04, 2014, 04:54:44 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
New Facebook Rift. Beaming unicorns and pictures of other people's babies directly to your eyeballs 24/7

I was looking forward to slipping an oculus rift on a friend while they slept, then have them wake up to like doom or something.

I'd have a hypothesis, a youtube channel, everything!

I suspect I will never get the chance to do this now :(

what i want to do is make a hack to the movie theatre app..

in the demos you sit in an empty theatre in a seat of your choosing,

what i want to do is then hack it to suddenly have walking dead zombies appear in the seat next to you and snarl so when you turn it is about to attack,

just to then see the reaction of the person wearing said rift..

Reply #52 Posted: April 07, 2014, 10:19:39 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

what i want to do is make a hack to the movie theatre app..

in the demos you sit in an empty theatre in a seat of your choosing,

what i want to do is then hack it to suddenly have walking dead zombies appear in the seat next to you and snarl so when you turn it is about to attack,

just to then see the reaction of the person wearing said rift..

Oh yes, but you'd need to leave it till like an hour in to the film....just so they're nice and comfortable and kinda forgetting where they are...

Reply #53 Posted: April 07, 2014, 05:52:54 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
I really hope that FB don't have ads randomly pop up on your screen etc, or having to be connected to a FB "realm" to use the oculus rift.

PS.  Can't wait for my DK2 to arrive :)

Reply #54 Posted: May 15, 2014, 11:50:52 pm
Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz OC | ASUS P7P55D Pro | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 980 SLI | 860W PSU | Lian-Li DragonLord Case K62B | ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound h4x |

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Still not sure what the point of Oculus rift is
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/oculus-rift-virtual-reality-facebook-2014-12/
It appears to be a very immersive monitor that records where you are in space, but you cant interact with anything you see other than by moving towards it

Reply #55 Posted: December 17, 2014, 09:59:07 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Still not sure what the point of Oculus rift is
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/oculus-rift-virtual-reality-facebook-2014-12/
It appears to be a very immersive monitor that records where you are in space, but you cant interact with anything you see other than by moving towards it

The team behind occ have been working with a company that deal with hand tracking :)
and if you don't already know how immersive and fun the occ is.. I feel sorry for ya!

Reply #56 Posted: December 19, 2014, 11:10:28 am