Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Farcity!;1245432
Good summary the thread was pretty awful in terms of meaningful discussion. A few good ole quotes in there

That was only 21 pages. I've finally finished summarising all 41 pages

For starters: The final 10 pages of that thread should be deleted

Also some advice:

Nobody actually answered three simple questions:

"What is God?"

"What is the universe?"

"What is science?"

This rendered that entire thread pointless. It was like arguing whether a Ford or a Holden could go faster when both cars were missing their wheels.

Also: Mormons saying they are Christians? Mormons dont condemn people to hell for not being Mormons

About 40% of that thread is off topic or spam: If your forum had a Zarkov, those posts wouldnt have lasted a day before being deleted

Finally: Farcity

You need to make all your points once. If their arguments against them: Quote yourself. If they argue again, quote yourself again.

I can guarantee that if they argue a third time, your opponent will contradict themselves so you can quote THEMSELVES against THEMSELVES
Spoiler :
L - "God created the earth that simple"

[Post which has nothing about the topic at all but a video of Samwells "What What (in the butt)"]

Afakas1 - Quote from: Westi
Why do you believe your god is the one true god. Why not Zeus? Buddha? Etc etc

"Because they ain't the Son of God."

"Its really obvious that Farcity hasn't read the bible. Aye Farcity?"

"Quote from: Westi
Religon is religon, not culture?

Ahh, no.

Religion has been apart of our culture.

Samoa is packed with Christians and Mormons"

"Religion is a problem in other countries"

"He says that Religion increases murder or some crap, thats RUBBISH"

"God himself can answer that question. When our time up, then you can ask him questions"

"Wheres did this Big Bang come from ?"

"impossible can be possible, believe the hard way. otherwise believe the easy way, science. but just remember, GOD created science"

"Eah, if you people don't believe in God. Then how did earth start? How was it made?"

bingobongo - "20 pages of this topic and still asking the same question from the first post"

MIRAGEone - "the believers have yet to post anything meaningful"

"Quote from: Manu Samoa
Well maybe if you got outta lala land and stoped pretending you a modsta, and read these books. You might have a better understanding.

lol.. get out of lala land by reading the bible"

"its alot like saying it rains because theres so much 'evil' in the world 'god cries'.. and thats where rain comes from"

"religion vs science is one of those great debates that never dies ~15 more replies and it will be the #1 thread on cnd xD"

SammyOh - "Yes evolution does a fine job of explaining both the fossil record and the genetic similarities and deference between species. But to say we descend from apes? that is rubbish utter trash.

Ok now why do you accept gravity? time? space? and the laws of physics? and not accept the Creator who designed them?"

Farcity! - "A god's existence is a hypothesis"

"That website is ridiculously vague, flawed and WRONG. It is stupid because it's using the Bible as evidence for the Bible being correct"

kAiO - "God could easly go to the moon and back because he created it"

"They send Robots to the moon, not real people. If they were so advanced they would send people"

"Tbh i don't care what you think, but don't diss Religions because you think your right and there wrong"

"God lived like us, he lived & died"

imported_yakuza - "SEEING IS BELIEVING"

[pop] - "Quote from: Afakas1
Yeah, science done there part, retrieving fossils, skeletons blah.

Where are those apes turning into humans then? where? all the sudden evolutionary stopped?

lol this aint pokemon, they wont evolve in 10 seconds. Only a couple million years."

Disasta - "Some people believe in aliens but that doesn't mean they are right and doesn't mean they are real"

bat - "Lots of religions have a book that outlines their beliefs, but that doesn't make them true. What about the Islamic Qur'an? it has LOTS of information in it too"

"How do you know the universe is not eternal?"

Alex'la - "Can't believe this has gone on for 35 pages..."

mEGATRON - "but still dont disrespect other peoples religions thats a no no"

Goku - "im goku i can go back in time remember ?"

Solitary - "Mormons are christians"
Edit: How could anyone take a thread like that seriously when one of the 'best' arguments put forward for god is:
"God himself can answer that question. When our time up, then you can ask him questions"

That is akin to a Doctor prescribing medicine and suffering the reply of "Nah mate, we're good for prayers"

God can only answer questions once the time for answers has come to an end

Reply #7175 Posted: April 16, 2010, 06:09:27 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
The phrase, ignorance is bliss, sums up the thinking in that thread well.

Reply #7176 Posted: April 16, 2010, 06:27:28 pm

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
old title was way cooler, wtf is this shit

Reply #7177 Posted: April 16, 2010, 07:38:24 pm

Obble

Quote from: KiLL3r;1245690
old title was way cooler, wtf is this shit

God is testing our patience :P :P :P

Reply #7178 Posted: April 16, 2010, 07:45:07 pm

Offline KiLL3r

so who from the "other" forum is a fellow believer in god like me?

Reply #7179 Posted: April 16, 2010, 08:08:03 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: KiLL3r
Who's that trip trap troppin' on MY bridge

Reply #7180 Posted: April 16, 2010, 09:07:21 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Farcity!

• Addicted
  • Farcity! has no influence.
That thread was never the paragon of intellectual discussion, and most of the action took place in it two years ago. I take your point on things going around in circles, that's why I gave up.

However it is time to move on with this thread, and away from the old one.

Reply #7181 Posted: April 16, 2010, 09:18:25 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1245604
What is God?"

"What is the universe?"

"What is science?"
"

What is science, fact
What is the universe, what "is'. (im saying anything that exists.)
what is god,
Spoiler :
As far as we know, a myth :x

and wow, i Just read my posts in that old thread, I sound so silly D: (my opinions still stand though.)

Those are my answers to those questions but I bet someone is going to turn around and say that I should go stick it where the sun don't shine.

I contributed :> I wish i was here when this thread was first made because I have a few things that I would like to be answered, but are probably irrelevant now.

Reply #7182 Posted: April 16, 2010, 09:37:16 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Ask away Kayne.

The logic guru's are at your service :P

Reply #7183 Posted: April 16, 2010, 10:31:52 pm

Offline L

• Addicted
  • L has no influence.
Quote from: KiLL3r;1245719

Me bro hahaha im a mormon

Reply #7184 Posted: April 16, 2010, 10:37:51 pm

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
oh my golly gosh im reading that thread and all my posts are awesome

Reply #7185 Posted: April 16, 2010, 10:54:53 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: [pop
link=topic=27666.msg1284927#msg1284927 date=1271415293]

Those were the days, eh?

Reply #7186 Posted: April 17, 2010, 08:00:27 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I got Jurassic Park on DVD, I watched it again, it's a classic.

Reply #7187 Posted: April 17, 2010, 08:13:55 am

Offline KiLL3r

link=topic=27666.msg1284927#msg1284927 date=1271415293]

you poor bastard, it must be hard believing in something so absurd you have to put all your effort into ignoring the blatantly ridiculous ideas that form the basis of your religion

Reply #7188 Posted: April 17, 2010, 09:35:50 am

Offline pop

• Addicted
i believe in santa and pokemon

Reply #7189 Posted: April 17, 2010, 10:36:20 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
link=topic=27666.msg1285126#msg1285126 date=1271457380]
i believe in santa and pokemon

So do I.

I make my pokemon fight each other.

But then the police told me animal fighting was illegal and put me in jail.

Reply #7190 Posted: April 17, 2010, 10:37:43 am

Offline pop

• Addicted
i have yet to catch my own, i still gotta get those pokebombs

Reply #7191 Posted: April 17, 2010, 10:39:56 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: KiLL3r;1245719

I pray at the church of "Everyone else is wrong except us"

I find it very comforting

Reply #7192 Posted: April 17, 2010, 11:01:18 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Spam some other forum.

Reply #7193 Posted: April 17, 2010, 11:09:47 am

Offline ninjaweedman

• Just settled in
  • ninjaweedman has no influence.
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/ninjaweedman/fundichris.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

lol at number 3

Reply #7194 Posted: April 17, 2010, 02:37:19 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll253/Nostargate/152.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Reply #7195 Posted: April 17, 2010, 02:43:35 pm

Offline Blob_ZPS

• Devoted Member
  • Blob_ZPS has no influence.

"What is God?"
I will tell you when he submits himself for scientific study.

"What is the universe?"
More to the point, what isn't the universe.
The universe is everything, everywhere and everywhen.

"What is science?"
The process of understanding the universe by means of analysing, experimenting, developing theories and making predictions.
Science is a continual process whereby we constantly use the "best" theory (the one which the evidence supports to the greatest extent at the time) to explain and understand our environment and what has been, is and will be.

Reply #7196 Posted: April 17, 2010, 04:29:21 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

[video]3i74c_lh18k[/video]

[video]utIbICPRa3w[/video]

Reply #7197 Posted: April 19, 2010, 06:20:11 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline varkk

• Just settled in
  • varkk has no influence.
Apparently Iran had an earthquake, and according to a cleric this was caused by women dressing and acting 'immodestly'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8631775.stm

So, we have a testable hypothesis here: "If women wear revealing clothing in public it will trigger earthquakes" Now before we write him off we should conduct a proper experimental test of his hypothesis.

http://www.blaghag.com/2010/04/in-name-of-science-i-offer-my-boobs.html

and of course the facebook page on the event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116336578385346

So pass this information along to people you know so that we can conduct a full test of this hypothesis, it is after all how science is advanced.

Reply #7198 Posted: April 21, 2010, 09:31:14 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
This was sent around by an Iranian student we have here:
Sorry everyone for interrupting you. Its lunch time so lets have a
break. I would like to introduce you the new science which was
originated by one of the Iranian clerics. Please have a look at the
following website.
 http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/middle-east/3600856/Scanty-clothing-causes-earthquakes-cleric
I am glad we have introduce a new scientist in Natural Hazards area to
the world :-) Please don't take it from all Iranian. These government
and its clerics are stupid. I hope we will get rid of them sometimes soon.

Quote from: varkk;1249296
So, we have a testable hypothesis here: "If women wear revealing clothing in public it will trigger earthquakes" Now before we write him off we should conduct a proper experimental test of his hypothesis.

Yes, unfortunately it is 'tested' in that all summer long there have been scantily-clad women on our beaches and we haven't had an earthquake worth worrying about.

How far they've sunk, from being the beacons of intellectual thought while Europe was mired in the 'dark' and superstitious world of religion to nowadays where superstitious appropriated religions hold sway.

Reply #7199 Posted: April 21, 2010, 01:31:00 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.