Topic: 2143

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
You 2142 guys are scary

Reply #25 Posted: December 18, 2011, 11:14:08 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Challenge Accepted lias
Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:22:07 pm by O-L-W-A-G

Reply #26 Posted: December 18, 2011, 11:18:08 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winfieldsaregoo;1457685
2142 was a complet retard magnet

What, it was shit because you don't like lazer guns?

NEWSFLASH: no lazer guns featured in 2142.

It was pretty much exactly BF2, only with a (slightly) better patched up engine. Rename M24 -> Moretti. Rename G36E -> Voss. Make it full auto. Boom. The class balance was generally better, some of the maps were cool, and it shared roughly the same amount of retards as BF2.

Quote from: broncos;1457782
Sorry but your whole post is utter bs, was worst bf game of them all..
You can't say that without saying BF2 was the worst game ever, since it's basically a re-skin in the same fashion as CoD4/5/6/7/8.
There were a few slight alterations like tanks could go sideways, and you could whip past mines if you were fast enough. but overall...

Infantry had anti-air. Can't argue with that Mr. AH circle of death Z.

About the ONLY drastic change was the fact that it was set in the 'near future', which is apparently too much mind explosion for some munters who can't get past the fact that it snowed on some maps.

Quote from: matt88nz;1457733
2142 was no good because it didn't cater to the crowd who like to argue about the properties of current equipment they have never and will never use, while jacking off to pictures of Barretts.

I wasn't really a fan of 2142 (I preferred BF2, but 2142 had it's place), but I can pretty much fully agree with that second part of the statement.

Most people that QQ'd about it had nothing of any basis to say and pretty much simply didn't like the new colourscheme.
Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:33:02 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #27 Posted: December 18, 2011, 11:25:39 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
BC1 was the worst game ever, console only pfffft.

Reply #28 Posted: December 18, 2011, 11:29:28 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1457794
What, it was shit because you don't like lazer guns?

NEWSFLASH: no lazer guns featured in 2142.

It was pretty much exactly BF2, only with a (slightly) better patched up engine. Rename M24 -> Moretti. Rename G36E -> Voss. Make it full auto. Boom. The class balance was generally better, some of the maps were cool, and it shared roughly the same amount of retards as BF2.

You can't say that without saying BF2 was the worst game ever, since it's basically a re-skin in the same fashion as CoD4/5/6/7/8.
There were a few slight alterations like tanks could go sideways, and you could whip past mines if you were fast enough. but overall...

Infantry had anti-air. Can't argue with that Mr. AH circle of death Z.

About the ONLY drastic change was the fact that it was set in the 'near future', which is apparently too much mind explosion for some munters who can't get past the fact that it snowed on some maps.

I wasn't really a fan of 2142 (I preferred BF2, but 2142 had it's place), but I can pretty much fully agree with that second part of the statement.

Most people that QQ'd about it had nothing of any basis to say and pretty much simply didn't like the new colourscheme.

Indeed. Another drawback of 2142 was that they didn't put enough effort into designing the environments. The guns and stuff were fine and the maps were mostly well designed, but most of the components were just lazy. Those shitty box trucks used worldwide, the puzzlingly stacked office blocks etc.

If 2143 were to be 1943, it might be because it is too much effort to get people who can design an art direction for an entire map in the detail FB2 requires.

Reply #29 Posted: December 19, 2011, 12:23:40 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Kaizer

• Devoted Member
  • Kaizer has no influence.
Quote from: broncos;1457782
Sorry but your whole post is utter bs, was worst bf game of them all..

Nothing new, in fact very common. Thing about 2142 is, those who liked it say it was the best BF game ever, those who disliked it, just plain hate it. There seems to be no middle ground.

I suspect that what is the case here is that those who dislike 2142, dislike it because they only enjoy conquest and 2142 had some good maps for that, but not that many. Titan mode is where the game really shined, but not everyone liked Titan despite the game playing out almost like conquest before the Titan's shields went down.
Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:21:02 am by Kaizer

Reply #30 Posted: December 19, 2011, 10:18:07 am
Gigabyte P55 UD4|Intel i7 860 @ 3.6GHZ|Prolimatech Megashadow|SuperTalent 4GB 1600|Corsair HX 620|ATI Radeon 5870|Samsung F3 1TB|LG W2353V 23"|Lian Li Dragonlord KCB62|Logitech G930|Logitech G500

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.
BF2142 was cool and all but I wouldn't call it the best of the bunch, sure it was nice to dive into the future strapping on some different bullshit to kill the regular bunch. If you want to start comparing Battlefield games then you need to think a little harder about what your comparing.

BF1942 was awesome not because it was most realistic or even the most balanced game around it was awesome because it was first real open environment multiplayer war game that wasn't complete shit. For alot of people it was simply great because for the first time they could drive a tank/fly a plane and even move a boat all in the same 30mins.

BF2 was awesome because you could do all of the above but with modern weapons/environments

BF2142 was awesome because it played out a possible future war while utilizing the same engine as BF2.

I don't really understand the comparisons as for me each battlefield game filled a moment of needing do something in a game, I didn't call one better than another simply because it was law that han could only play game(leave that shit to WoW).

Its preference in my opinion, you want future shit then you play 2142. I'm still going to play BF3 cause its dicking awesome and I love my M16s/M1 Abrams/C4/tactical lights.

Reply #31 Posted: December 19, 2011, 10:48:16 am
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1457795
BC1 was the worst game ever, console only pfffft.

Having played BC1 I can tell you it's better than BC2, both in single player and multiplayer.

Reply #32 Posted: December 19, 2011, 11:50:26 am

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
Lol this cracks me up, arguments over shit that is irrelevant now. Les QQ mor pewpew. 2120 2143 21whogivesafuck. What we have is BF3 with some bf2 maps, focus on that and less being keyboard warriors imo. No one really gives a shit at the end of the day and do not get me wrong, while threads like this can fill in moments of the day where you can have a rant and rave it is not going to change anything. So harden the fuck up in the words of chopper.

Reply #33 Posted: December 19, 2011, 12:07:20 pm

Offline Machpants

• Addicted
  • Machpants has no influence.
Quote from: Scunner;1457868
Having played BC1 I can tell you it's better than BC2, both in single player and multiplayer.
Yup the SP was funny and enjoyable not some lame CoD wannabe.

Reply #34 Posted: December 19, 2011, 12:25:22 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
2142 with no unlocks was pretty good.
2142 with retarded gadgets and titan mode (aka camp/nade spam mode) made for some of the worst bf games i've ever played.

2143 can DIAF
Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:51:03 pm by Bell

Reply #35 Posted: December 19, 2011, 12:48:56 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zenith;1457604
They should do 2143.  2142 was a good game, just BF2 held a lot of the players.
2142 was a VERY good game. Unfortunately BF2 existed!

2142 is one of the few examples of a game where they should have delayed its release. It ended up competing with Battlefield 2. Titan is one of my favourite game modes in any game.

Reply #36 Posted: December 19, 2011, 01:34:15 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline JORDY.WOW

• Just settled in
  • JORDY.WOW has no influence.
quake live is better than all the above tbh

Reply #37 Posted: December 19, 2011, 01:36:50 pm

Offline han16

• Addicted
Quote from: CSfaith;1457872
Lol this cracks me up, arguments over shit that is irrelevant now. Les QQ mor pewpew. 2120 2143 21whogivesafuck. What we have is BF3 with some bf2 maps, focus on that and less being keyboard warriors imo. No one really gives a shit at the end of the day and do not get me wrong, while threads like this can fill in moments of the day where you can have a rant and rave it is not going to change anything. So harden the fuck up in the words of chopper.

Not ranting is boring as fuck.

Reply #38 Posted: December 19, 2011, 02:32:32 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JORDY.WOW;1457901
quake live is better than all the above tbh

pfft .... warsow is the new quake live.......

Reply #39 Posted: December 19, 2011, 02:39:53 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Just make 2143 an addon expansion to bf3  kinda like vietnam was to 1942 or bc2

Reply #40 Posted: December 19, 2011, 02:41:27 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.

no

Reply #41 Posted: December 19, 2011, 02:48:15 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
What we have is BF3 with some bf2 maps, focus on that and less being keyboard warriors imo.

lets all stop being keyboard warriors, and go and become keyboard warriors!!11!

Reply #42 Posted: December 19, 2011, 02:56:44 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
Quote from: Lias;1457664
Cant be any worse than BF3..

Get Ata Heeeea!

tbh, i'd like to see 1942 re-made in FB2.0

Reply #43 Posted: December 19, 2011, 03:01:00 pm
Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz OC | ASUS P7P55D Pro | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 980 SLI | 860W PSU | Lian-Li DragonLord Case K62B | ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound h4x |

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: =C=;1457940
Get Ata Heeeea!

tbh, i'd like to see 1942 re-made in FB2.0

nah theyll just rollout the maps in bf3

Odd that they called karkand an expansion when it integrates the new weapons into the old maps..... its kind of a dlc upgrade  like specact in bc2 was rather than a standalone expansion like vietnam was....

Reply #44 Posted: December 19, 2011, 03:11:50 pm

Offline han16

• Addicted
Dam webpage is snowing

Reply #45 Posted: December 19, 2011, 06:11:50 pm

Offline Meat2Potatos

• Just settled in
  • Meat2Potatos has no influence.
I'd spend some money and upgrade a little if this actually happens.

Titan was pure awesome.

Reply #46 Posted: December 19, 2011, 08:34:59 pm
"You make life hard, you get hard people" - Jan Molenaar

Offline MasterPetey

• Just settled in
  • MasterPetey has no influence.
i hope they keep the glitch when a squad mate is nadespamming and gets stuck saying "THROWING FRAG, THTHTHTHTHTHTHROTHROTHROTHTHTHROWING FRAG...."

Reply #47 Posted: December 19, 2011, 11:34:30 pm

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
Quote from: Kaizer;1457836
Nothing new, in fact very common. Thing about 2142 is, those who liked it say it was the best BF game ever, those who disliked it, just plain hate it. There seems to be no middle ground.

I suspect that what is the case here is that those who dislike 2142, dislike it because they only enjoy conquest and 2142 had some good maps for that, but not that many. Titan mode is where the game really shined, but not everyone liked Titan despite the game playing out almost like conquest before the Titan's shields went down.

I liked 2142's rego.  But I disliked the gameplay.  It was interesting at the beginning however it's not a true BF franchise game...

Quote from: han16;1457995
Dam webpage is snowing

Lol for a second I thought I was seeing things...

Reply #48 Posted: December 20, 2011, 09:00:53 am
Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz OC | ASUS P7P55D Pro | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 980 SLI | 860W PSU | Lian-Li DragonLord Case K62B | ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound h4x |

Offline Randomized

• Addicted
  • Randomized has no influence.
You're all wrong.  2143 is the year BF4 will be released.

Reply #49 Posted: December 20, 2011, 09:53:04 am