Topic: how did ebola start

Offline pickle-bomb

• I Posted!
  • pickle-bomb has no influence.
People at school and on the internet have been saying that ebola started when some africans ate bats. Is this true? :-\

Posted: November 11, 2014, 07:56:47 pm
#ExplodeThePickle

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Some animal carrying the disease infected a human. Probably.

You can't say for sure because no one knows for sure. But humans spread the disease a lot faster than animals do.

Reply #1 Posted: November 11, 2014, 08:04:35 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline pickle-bomb

• I Posted!
Some animal carrying the disease infected a human. Probably.

You can't say for sure because no one knows for sure. But humans spread the disease a lot faster than animals do.

sounds about right.

I just wasn't sure about the bat bit.

Reply #2 Posted: November 11, 2014, 08:22:07 pm
#ExplodeThePickle

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Please be aware that ebola is bad, but not as deadly as everyone says it is. Without medical help you've got about a 50% chance of surviving.
The most scary thing is the bleeding from everywhere before dying horribly.

A 14-year-old Ebola survivor speaks out

Reply #3 Posted: November 11, 2014, 09:04:59 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
I would assume some puppet like Gallo or similar made it in a lab, by gene splicing, or whatever it is called.

Reply #4 Posted: November 11, 2014, 09:25:38 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It worries me that you're an admin.

Reply #5 Posted: November 12, 2014, 12:04:21 am

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
You're familiar with the term Biological Warfare?. People often confuse it with Chemical Warfare, which is an entirely different beast. I think it is foolish to assume that all of the funds in the military budget of a fine upstanding country like America, only go to developing guns, and ammunition. It is not a big stretch of a persons thought process,  to consider that maybe these billions of dollars help fund projects where, as is so often the case, people do things because they can, without thinking whether or not they should. The US has declared it has biological weapons capabilities, this is irrefutable, so how do said Biologicals occur?. do they harvest the common cold, and pop it in an ICBM, and say "this country will rue the due it messed with America", or do they develop something in the lab, that has the potential to wipe out whole towns?.

Building on that idea again, is it also foolish to assume that all wars in the history of man, have been fought in the stereotypical "guns and tanks on foreign soil" way, or is it possible that govt's have learned that the publics disdain for open warfare, would make ridiculous efforts like America in Iraq / Afghanistan, a bad political move, so they wage war in a more subtle, and undetectable way?.

You obviously have a set of values that you base your opinion on, I have a differing set of beliefs, based on my years of research in this field, and other ones similar to it. It would be beneficial for the sake of discussion, that we do not have to resort to character assassinations to express these differing opinions, and then maybe we leave ourselves open to learn from each other, rather than just repeating the very first online argument, that has been photocopied every minute of every day since the creation of the interwebz as we know them?.

:)
Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 06:47:24 am by kruz

Reply #6 Posted: November 12, 2014, 06:40:19 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Please be aware that ebola is bad, but not as deadly as everyone says it is. Without medical help you've got about a 50% chance of surviving.

50% survival rate sounds pretty deadly to me.

People at school and on the internet have been saying that ebola started when some africans ate bats. Is this true? :-\

Unless you attend a school of Pathology, I doubt that.

Anyway Batman is a good guy.

Reply #7 Posted: November 12, 2014, 06:43:05 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
It worries me that you're an admin.

It worries me that you're an admin of this place.

I secretly hope you will tie me up and abuse me with your admin powers.

Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 06:46:49 am by Spacemonkeyorsarus

Reply #8 Posted: November 12, 2014, 06:44:46 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

actually Ebola is a disease that emanated from animal, much like aids (HIV) and was contracted in African countries rurally that tend to eat monkeys as a food source.

It is believed that the virus originates in fruit bats. It circulates in populations of wild animals including gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, antelopes and even porcupines.

It was first identified in Zaire (modern day Democratic Republic of the Congo) in 1976. The first victim was a schoolmaster in the village of Yambuku in the north of the country. The disease got its name from the nearby Ebola River, a tributary of the Congo River. That first outbreak infected at least 318 people and killed 88 per cent of the people affected.

Another simultaneous outbreak, in Sudan, infected nearly 300 people, with a mortality rate of around 50 per cent.

Since then there have been several outbreaks, but none anywhere near as devastating as the current one.
Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 06:53:30 am by Xsannz

Reply #9 Posted: November 12, 2014, 06:51:26 am

Which is why you should not eat monkeys.

Reply #10 Posted: November 12, 2014, 06:54:34 am

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
I couldn't agree more.

Reply #11 Posted: November 12, 2014, 06:54:59 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
ok so nobody eat the Garry's mod player please, they all act like monkeys.

Reply #12 Posted: November 12, 2014, 07:12:06 am

Offline pickle-bomb

• I Posted!

actually Ebola is a disease that emanated from animal, much like aids (HIV) and was contracted in African countries rurally that tend to eat monkeys as a food source.

It is believed that the virus originates in fruit bats. It circulates in populations of wild animals including gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, antelopes and even porcupines.

It was first identified in Zaire (modern day Democratic Republic of the Congo) in 1976. The first victim was a schoolmaster in the village of Yambuku in the north of the country. The disease got its name from the nearby Ebola River, a tributary of the Congo River. That first outbreak infected at least 318 people and killed 88 per cent of the people affected.

Another simultaneous outbreak, in Sudan, infected nearly 300 people, with a mortality rate of around 50 per cent.

Since then there have been several outbreaks, but none anywhere near as devastating as the current one.

Daym you got a social studies project right there.

thanks for the info  :)

Reply #13 Posted: November 12, 2014, 08:03:07 am
#ExplodeThePickle

Make sure you correctly reference Xsannz using proper APA Referencing.

Xsannz, D. (2014). How did ebola start.
Retrieved 12th November 2014 from http://www.getsome.co.nz/forums/index.php?topic=87953.0

Reply #14 Posted: November 12, 2014, 08:26:22 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
You're familiar with the term Biological Warfare?. People often confuse it with Chemical Warfare, which is an entirely different beast. I think it is foolish to assume that all of the funds in the military budget of a fine upstanding country like America, only go to developing guns, and ammunition. It is not a big stretch of a persons thought process,  to consider that maybe these billions of dollars help fund projects where, as is so often the case, people do things because they can, without thinking whether or not they should. The US has declared it has biological weapons capabilities, this is irrefutable, so how do said Biologicals occur?. do they harvest the common cold, and pop it in an ICBM, and say "this country will rue the due it messed with America", or do they develop something in the lab, that has the potential to wipe out whole towns?.

Building on that idea again, is it also foolish to assume that all wars in the history of man, have been fought in the stereotypical "guns and tanks on foreign soil" way, or is it possible that govt's have learned that the publics disdain for open warfare, would make ridiculous efforts like America in Iraq / Afghanistan, a bad political move, so they wage war in a more subtle, and undetectable way?.

You obviously have a set of values that you base your opinion on, I have a differing set of beliefs, based on my years of research in this field, and other ones similar to it. It would be beneficial for the sake of discussion, that we do not have to resort to character assassinations to express these differing opinions, and then maybe we leave ourselves open to learn from each other, rather than just repeating the very first online argument, that has been photocopied every minute of every day since the creation of the interwebz as we know them?.

Let me get my Tin-Foil Hat for maximum Protection from mind probes

Reply #15 Posted: November 12, 2014, 09:16:34 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

TL;DR

"Gene-splicing or something"

Reply #16 Posted: November 12, 2014, 10:04:07 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!

the stand stephen king
Good book to read If you want to feel paranoid about the ebola outbreak  ;D

Reply #17 Posted: November 12, 2014, 11:49:26 am

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
Hehe, I haven't actually read any Stephen King, or have much time for that whole genre, I like David Eddings work, The Belgariad, and the Mallorean series are super duper mega fantastic wow.

What books do you like Pigdog?

Reply #18 Posted: November 12, 2014, 07:15:12 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I like David Eddings work, The Belgariad, and the Mallorean series are super duper mega fantastic wow.

Eddings rocks.

Reply #19 Posted: November 12, 2014, 07:57:27 pm

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
I just found audio books of the Belgariad !!. I am in heaven.

Reply #20 Posted: November 12, 2014, 08:20:12 pm

I also like David Eddings.

Reply #21 Posted: November 13, 2014, 05:44:53 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I love lamp.

Reply #22 Posted: November 13, 2014, 11:41:50 am

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
Don't eat monkeys, just starve and die.

Reply #23 Posted: November 19, 2014, 12:22:38 am

Don't eat monkeys, just starve and die.

In western Africa, monkeys eat you!

Reply #24 Posted: November 19, 2014, 11:55:00 am