Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pitchey;1529749
Laser or Lasik?

was it high definition? what's it like to see the world in HD?

Reply #18375 Posted: August 09, 2013, 09:57:30 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Codex

Quote from: mycoolcar;1529748
How bad were your eyes before?

What was your prescription?
Was short-sighted plus astigmatism

Quote from: Pitchey;1529749
Laser or Lasik?
HD LASIK, bladeless

Can see better now, after 1 day, than I ever could with glasses o___o it's amazing

Eyes look freaky though haha until it heals up

Reply #18376 Posted: August 09, 2013, 10:47:44 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Drink the water, Rii. You'll be fine.

Crook as a dog after drinking New York tap water. Jet-lag not helping either. Only managed 3hrs sleep throughout my 38hr trip here.

Reply #18377 Posted: August 10, 2013, 04:48:58 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
guts about the water. Would have thought the yanks' taps would be ok...

Reply #18378 Posted: August 10, 2013, 08:59:08 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Didn't have any issue with US tap water while I was there. Maybe just bad luck?

Apples help with jet lag, and trying to keep a normal schedule for the place where you are, do something active during the day so you are actually tired and can go to sleep. If you have normally been hitting the gym in NZ, then going away and not doing that, you are skipping out on your normal routine and body goes wtf.

At least that's what happens with me.

Reply #18379 Posted: August 10, 2013, 09:27:07 am

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: Codex;1529756
Was short-sighted plus astigmatism

HD LASIK, bladeless

Can see better now, after 1 day, than I ever could with glasses o___o it's amazing

Eyes look freaky though haha until it heals up

Pussy.

Photo Refractive Keratectomy.  Scrape the front of yer eyeball off, burn it with a laser.  

LASIK's for wimmin.

Reply #18380 Posted: August 10, 2013, 04:01:09 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: zolteg;1529780
LASIK's for wimmin.

Have you met Codex?

Reply #18381 Posted: August 10, 2013, 06:20:50 pm

Codex

Quote from: Pyromanik;1529788
Have you met Codex?
This

Me and person went through town tonight, raining, didn't once have to fucking worry about being blinded because of shitcunt glasses, best feels ever

Reply #18382 Posted: August 12, 2013, 12:13:35 am

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Codex;1529817
This

Me and person went through town tonight, raining, didn't once have to fucking worry about being blinded because of shitcunt glasses, best feels ever

I like how you say "went through town" because if you'd said "went to town" I'd have laughed first, then corrected you.

PS, grats on the new feels.
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:22:43 am by Pyromanik

Reply #18383 Posted: August 12, 2013, 12:20:39 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I saw boobies on the bus this morning.

Not real ones. Well, they were real, but not... in the flesh. Someone was watching a show on their tablet - no idea what - which contained a topless woman shaking her boobies. As Monday mornings go, this ones not bad.

Reply #18384 Posted: August 12, 2013, 11:41:09 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Scunner;1529828
Not real ones. Well, they were real, but not... in the flesh. Someone was watching a show on their tablet - no idea what - which contained a topless woman shaking her boobies. As Monday mornings go, this ones not bad.

Was it the bus driver? Because that could be dangerous.

Reply #18385 Posted: August 12, 2013, 12:13:30 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1529829
Was it the bus driver? Because that could be dangerous.

It wasn't the bus driver, though she was decently hot herself and had boobies I wouldn't of minded seeing.

Reply #18386 Posted: August 12, 2013, 12:42:46 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Scunner;1529831
It wasn't the bus driver, though she was decently hot herself

Are you sure that was an actual bus driver?

Reply #18387 Posted: August 12, 2013, 01:12:26 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Hey shitbirds!

Ithaca (New York) is hot as balls, however you can walk around most of the day without sunscreen on and not worry about getting burnt, it's nice being in a country that has a good amount of ozone covering it (at least in this part it does).

Haven't really done much since getting here apart from getting over my insane case of jet-lag. Mrs. is usually working mad hours due to her slave title, I mean 'internship'. I have been going walkabouts and so far I have come across Bambi, the Chipmunks and Secret Squirrel. It's always fun when I have to initiate conversation with someone here. Went to see Turbo (movie) at a 4K cinema yesterday - NEW ZEALAND, STOP SPENDING MONEY ON SHIT 3D AND GET 4K PROJECTORS, HOLY SHIT BALLS IT'S AMAZING. I asked for "two tickets to Turbo please" ..... "what?" "2 for Turbo".... Mrs steps in "baby, you have to speak the lingo".... "Oh, 2 fer Terrbow".

Will be heading to Manhattan next week, see a Broadway play, stay in The Roosevelt and check out Ms. Liberty. Should be fun balls.

Oh, and it's embarrassing coming from a country supposedly known for fresh produce after seeing what's available here and for what prices. Went to the local farmers market for Ithaca and it was incredible. Purpose built pavilion with an insane variety of foods and crafts and this is coming from a town that has less people than Palmerston North and it's a student town to boot.

Reply #18388 Posted: August 12, 2013, 01:21:36 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Hey shitbirds!

Ithaca (New York) is hot as balls, however you can walk around most of the day without sunscreen on and not worry about getting burnt, it's nice being in a country that has a good amount of ozone covering it (at least in this part it does).

Haven't really done much since getting here apart from getting over my insane case of jet-lag. Mrs. is usually working mad hours due to her slave title, I mean 'internship'. I have been going walkabouts and so far I have come across Bambi, the Chipmunks and Secret Squirrel. It's always fun when I have to initiate conversation with someone here. Went to see Turbo (movie) at a 4K cinema yesterday - NEW ZEALAND, STOP SPENDING MONEY ON SHIT 3D AND GET 4K PROJECTORS, HOLY SHIT BALLS IT'S AMAZING. I asked for "two tickets to Turbo please" ..... "what?" "2 for Turbo".... Mrs steps in "baby, you have to speak the lingo".... "Oh, 2 fer Terrbow".

Will be heading to Manhattan next week, see a Broadway play, stay in The Roosevelt and check out Ms. Liberty. Should be fun balls.

Oh, and it's embarrassing coming from a country supposedly known for fresh produce after seeing what's available here and for what prices. Went to the local farmers market for Ithaca and it was incredible. Purpose built pavilion with an insane variety of foods and crafts and this is coming from a town that has less people than Palmerston North and it's a student town to boot.

Reply #18389 Posted: August 12, 2013, 01:21:52 pm

Codex

awesome dude, glad you're having a blast :D can't wait to go in a few months myself

Reply #18390 Posted: August 12, 2013, 02:31:44 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1529833
Yo I'm in the US, so suck it!

Remember to keep your pants zipped up. It might be ok to walk around here in NZ with your wang doodle hanging out, but they don't tolerate that kind of behaviour in the USA of America.

Reply #18391 Posted: August 12, 2013, 02:46:44 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Oh, well you see, I'm in the regular old United States of America, not that new United States of America of America.

Reply #18392 Posted: August 12, 2013, 02:48:26 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1529838
Oh, well you see, I'm in the regular old United States of America, not that new United States of America of America.

haha, well you got ripped off!

Reply #18393 Posted: August 12, 2013, 04:33:31 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I didn't want to go in to deep.

LAX was enough of a mind fuck for me.

Reply #18394 Posted: August 12, 2013, 04:34:58 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
should head into see the FAO Schwartz toy store on 5th ave (if you havent been already) - has the big keyboard from the movie big - with staff doing shows every hour. And a candy store on the first floor where you can buy those giant 5lb gummy bears

Reply #18395 Posted: August 12, 2013, 06:58:27 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I had the same issue with accents in the USA. They couldn't understand me a lot of the time, but ah well.

I had two different sets of people stop me on the street in NYC and ask for directions, thinking I was a local. As soon as I opened my mouth to speak they knew I wasnt. However one of them I was able to help as I am pro with map reading and directions.

The ozone thing is awesome, spend whole day in sun and don't get burnt, I loved it. However you do need to be mindful if you go to high elevation, as you will get burnt, not as bad as NZ, but worse than you would expect. (And when I say elevation I mean 7k ft and above).

The WTC memorial is interesting/sombering if you have time. Top of the Rock is better than Empire State. Maybe get this? http://www.citypass.com/new-york I found it pretty good

Reply #18396 Posted: August 12, 2013, 08:38:42 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: private_hell;1529846
where you can buy those giant 5lb gummy bears

While you are there, get me one :D

Reply #18397 Posted: August 12, 2013, 08:41:09 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Anyone know the word on purchasing items that turn out to be not in stock?

I bought some parts for my race bike, I was lead to believe they were in stock in NZ, as in there was nothing on his website to suggest it was a 4 week wait for them. I was eventually told, after the transaction that they were 4 weeks away, and it took 10 weeks for them to get here.

I'm probably not going to drag them to small claims but would like to remind them of their legal obligations in a feedback email.

Reply #18398 Posted: August 12, 2013, 08:47:26 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: Codex;1529817
This

Wait 'til you take yo ass to Hamner Springs.  One of the first things I did after I got mine done.  ...'what, you mean there's boobs under them swimsuits...?'

Reply #18399 Posted: August 12, 2013, 11:16:55 pm