Topic: favourite quotes

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
This planet
Is beautiful
The world where we met

Reply #425 Posted: March 29, 2014, 06:59:13 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
They say if you talk about your troubles they'll half disappear, and if you talk about good feelings, they'll double

Reply #426 Posted: March 30, 2014, 09:29:54 am

Offline Tiwaking!

They say religion is for people who're afraid to go to hell and spirituality is for people who've already been there

Reply #427 Posted: March 31, 2014, 11:50:38 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Two tigers can not rule the same mountain, so two masters can not teach the same student

Reply #428 Posted: April 01, 2014, 09:59:16 am

Offline Tiwaking!

How can God be perfect? Everything He ever makes dies.

Reply #429 Posted: April 02, 2014, 01:29:47 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Nostalgia is a seductive liar

Reply #430 Posted: April 02, 2014, 05:44:04 pm

Codex

"So here’s to living life miserable.
And here’s to all the lonely stories that I’ve told.
Maybe drinking wine will validate my sorrow.
Every man needs a muse and mine could be the bottle."
— City & Colour

Reply #431 Posted: April 03, 2014, 09:56:24 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
So, some of you were born into happiness and wealth
While some of us were born to a life of hell
And some of us were lost and some of us were found
but most of us were beaten by life to the ground
And maybe I'll never see the day that I win
but I'll always have time for a beer with my friends
We'll fight everybody and the world 'till the end
and if you fuck around with us you'll get your head kicked in!
Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you and fuck society too
Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you and fuck the world because
my kind, my kind, my kind belong nowhere
My kind, my kind, my kind are hated and feared
 - Blood for Blood

Reply #432 Posted: April 03, 2014, 12:31:38 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Beauty will save the world

Reply #433 Posted: April 06, 2014, 05:35:29 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Therefore a wise prince ought to adopt such a course that his citizens will always in every sort and kind of circumstance have need of the state and of him, and then he will always find them faithful

Reply #434 Posted: April 08, 2014, 06:04:04 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels. The trouble makers, the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently.

They’re not fond of rules and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them… because they change things, they push the human race forward.

While some may see them as “the crazy ones”, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world – are the ones who do.

- STEVE JOBS.

Reply #435 Posted: April 08, 2014, 06:53:24 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.

Reply #436 Posted: April 08, 2014, 06:53:33 am

Offline Tiwaking!

We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes

Reply #437 Posted: April 08, 2014, 06:53:46 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Who Will Guard the Guards

- ROMAN POET JUVENAL

Reply #438 Posted: April 08, 2014, 06:57:12 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Si vis pacem, para bellum

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

- Attributed to Plato's work of Nomoi

Reply #439 Posted: April 08, 2014, 06:59:12 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Reply #440 Posted: April 08, 2014, 07:10:30 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
- STEVE JOBS.

Steve Jobs Still Parking In Handicapped Spaces — The Pictures

I hate Apple even though for work i use a macbook,

i do think in general he was a smart man, not great just smart.
he was good at taking other peoples ideas and marketing them as his own and making money.

he was also good at taking failed before their time tech and re-introducing it.

Reply #441 Posted: April 08, 2014, 07:13:42 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Plato
Plato says that the unexamined life is not worth living. But what if the examined life turns out to be a clunker as well?

Reply #442 Posted: April 08, 2014, 07:30:47 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Plato
Plato says that the unexamined life is not worth living. But what if the examined life turns out to be a clunker as well?

then under the consumer guarantees act you are entitled to a replacement or repair..  i think this is achieved with a shotgun.

Reply #443 Posted: April 08, 2014, 07:45:04 am

Offline Tiwaking!

I hate Apple even though for work i use a macbook,

i do think in general he was a smart man, not great just smart.
he was good at taking other peoples ideas and marketing them as his own and making money.

he was also good at taking failed before their time tech and re-introducing it.
Asking for efficiency and adaptability in the same program is like asking for a beautiful and modest wife. Although beauty and modesty have been known to occur in the same woman, we'll probably have to settle for one or the other. At least that's better than neither.

Reply #444 Posted: April 08, 2014, 07:57:12 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Plato

then under the consumer guarantees act you are entitled to a replacement or repair..  i think this is achieved with a shotgun.
If they didn't hire you, don't solve their problem

Reply #445 Posted: April 08, 2014, 07:59:55 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Plato

If they didn't hire you, don't solve their problem

NO NO NO, half solve their problem, call it consultancy and charge them a huge price and leave them a bigger mess and a poor start to an implementation.

Reply #446 Posted: April 08, 2014, 08:03:22 am

Offline Tiwaking!

NO NO NO, half solve their problem, call it consultancy and charge them a huge price and leave them a bigger mess and a poor start to an implementation.
If what they've been doing hasn't solved the problem, tell them to do something else.

Reply #447 Posted: April 08, 2014, 08:22:40 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
If what they've been doing hasn't solved the problem, tell them to do something else.

and then give them a whole lot of sales jargon a half complete plan, and walk away at the slightest hint it's not on target and then blame their project managers

Reply #448 Posted: April 08, 2014, 08:26:20 am

Offline Tiwaking!

and then give them a whole lot of sales jargon a half complete plan, and walk away at the slightest hint it's not on target and then blame their project managers
I like to con people. And I like to insult people. If you combine con and insult, you get "consult".

Reply #449 Posted: April 08, 2014, 11:20:00 am