Topic: Dota2 Updates

Offline Steam Updates News

• Addicted
  • Steam Updates News has no influence.
Earlier this week we revealed how the Aegies of Champions was crafted. This time around we’ll show you how the score for the Dota 2 trailer was recorded. Instead of going over what consonance and dissonance are or why a … Continue reading →

More...

Posted: September 28, 2012, 12:01:38 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Valve _b

Reply #1 Posted: September 28, 2012, 07:45:20 pm

• Addicted
Yep, we are back! One little known fact about the world of Dota 2: Winter last less than a month. Astronomers have yet to figure out why but they think that it might have something to do with Doombringer’s hatred … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #2 Posted: January 05, 2013, 03:50:12 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

Offline willissingleton

• I Posted!
  • willissingleton has no influence.
This game is awesome.I have heard that the new version of it is soon going to be published .Please announce whenever it is going to be done.

Reply #3 Posted: January 17, 2013, 07:29:54 pm

• Addicted
In Today’s update you will find a new game mode called Least Played. In this mode, players can only pick from their least played heroes. Having an even playing field for everyone in the match will hopefully encourage players to … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #4 Posted: January 18, 2013, 03:52:33 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Don’t feed this guy. In happier news, our new Calendar system is now*available.*Leagues can add events to the calendar making pro games easier to follow than ever before.   And what better way of using this new feature than by … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #5 Posted: January 25, 2013, 04:30:08 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Today’s update includes the initial release of the long awaited Team Matchmaking feature. Dota 2 is a game that inspires its players to improve. Our data shows that one of the best ways to improve is to regularly play with … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #6 Posted: February 08, 2013, 04:10:10 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Tusk is going to knock you out, Tusk’s mama said to knock you out. In this update you will also find Mirana’s first item set: The Garments of the Nightsilver Sentinel. I have never heard of an Owlion before but … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #7 Posted: February 15, 2013, 07:30:51 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
What does a hero truly need? Now you can find out with Hero Builds. Dota 2 has a vast number of heroes to choose from, and we’re adding more all the time. Player-written guides are a great way to learn … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #8 Posted: February 22, 2013, 03:00:01 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
This week’s update includes the first piece of a large set of features aimed at introducing new players to Dota 2. Dota’s a deep game, and there’s a lot of things to learn, but we felt it was important that … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #9 Posted: February 28, 2013, 03:30:10 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
After a two month break, the G-League Grand Finals is set to take stage at the Mercedez-Benz Arena in Shanghai. The Best of 5 match will have International Champions iG face off against LGD.Int, a team composed of US, Canadian, … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #10 Posted: March 08, 2013, 04:04:08 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Better watch your back, because Bristleback is back! (kill me). Something we’re very excited about this week is Anuxi’s*Treasure of the Shaper Divine Chest. Look at all that stuff! This marks the first Chest entirely composed of items created by … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #11 Posted: March 29, 2013, 02:20:56 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Introducing Skywrath Mage!   Today we’ve shipped some changes to the report system as part of our ongoing initiatives in the community space. We’d like to do what we can to discourage some of the negativity that can go on … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #12 Posted: April 20, 2013, 12:40:03 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
The International returns once again this summer to Seattle with a five day Main Event, starting on August 7th. The first team invited to The International are the returning champions, Invictus Gaming. Twelve more teams will be announced over the … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #13 Posted: April 26, 2013, 11:00:50 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
The Elder Titan returns to the world he shattered! The International tickets will go on sale on Tuesday, May 7th, at 10:00am PDT. They will be sold directly through the*Dota 2 Store. This year we’ll be putting all tickets up … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #14 Posted: May 03, 2013, 12:22:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Each year we spend some of the planning time for The International trying to figure out ways to improve the connection between fans and the players in the tournament. We know that the majority of our viewers will be watching … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #15 Posted: May 07, 2013, 03:22:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
The first Stretch Goal in The International Interactive Compendium has been reached, with a cool $100,000 being added to the International Prize Pool. Everyone who picks up a Compendium before The International ends will now receive the most powerful Battle … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #16 Posted: May 09, 2013, 12:40:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
The community has once again surprised and caught us off guard by reaching the second Stretch Goal in The International Interactive Compendium already, adding over $250,000USD to the International Prize Pool. Our original plan was for the International 2013 Courier … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #17 Posted: May 14, 2013, 12:12:36 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
After some thoughtful games of Dota, we came up with four new stretch goals that we’ll be updating the Compendium with tomorrow. The initial stretch goals for the Compendium were at $1,700,000, $1,850,000 and $2,600,000 granting a new Battle Booster, … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #18 Posted: May 15, 2013, 02:40:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

Offline Dota2NZ

• I Posted!
  • Dota2NZ has no influence.
Dear dota 2 players,

I have created a dota 2 community page on Facebook for Kiwi gamers. Search Dota 2 New Zealand on Facebook.

Regularly I will be posting interesting things on the page, updating news from professional teams and tournaments, and to provide a healthy Facebook community for the kiwi locals. In future when we reach a certain number of people, perhaps we can have fun together.

Dota 2 is not popular in New Zealand, however I believe it deserves more popularity. Please share and like if you can, therefore we can spread the page to your friends and families and build in numbers to have some fun.

Thanks guys.

From the local guy who created Dota 2 New Zealand Facebook community page.

Reply #19 Posted: May 18, 2013, 09:25:20 pm

• Addicted
One goal we have for Dota 2 is to have as many people playing and enjoying the game as possible. To do so, we suspected we’d need to encourage behaviors that have positive effects on the game and community and … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #20 Posted: May 29, 2013, 08:51:35 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
We are now approaching the two year anniversary of Dota 2’s limited release, and we feel like we’re ready to expand to include anyone who wants to give it a try. In the case of Dota 2, or other games … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #21 Posted: June 22, 2013, 10:12:36 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Today’s update continues the expansion of our training experience for new players. Play as Sniper in an all new lesson and defeat Tidehunter as you learn more advanced game concepts. Also introduced is the Archronicus, a tome of knowledge containing … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #22 Posted: July 04, 2013, 11:00:34 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Today’s update continues the expansion of our training experience for new players. Play as Sniper in an all new lesson and defeat Tidehunter as you learn more advanced game concepts. Also introduced is the Archronicus, a tome of knowledge containing … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #23 Posted: July 05, 2013, 04:00:34 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
During a two year beta, Dota 2 grew to be the largest active community on Steam ever, with an monthly user base over 3 million users, and peak concurrent users of over 300,000. The feedback from these users has put … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #24 Posted: July 10, 2013, 12:51:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates