Topic: The Hobbit

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Anyone heard about this? Apparently coming out soon.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/716/img1752medium.jpg[/IMG]

Posted: December 02, 2012, 10:00:24 am

Offline simcore

• Addicted
  • simcore has no influence.
Seeing it this month in Wellington at the Embassy, taking Grandad for his 80th birthday and my dad is back in NZ for the first time in about 12 years so it's going to be epic.

Looking forward to the goblin tunnels moment where Bilbo finds the ring.

Reply #1 Posted: December 02, 2012, 05:07:57 pm

@simcore
You Suck @ Counter-Strike

New Zealand\'s most capped WCG representative 2003-201

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I heard it wasn't filmed at 48fps, its actually only being played back at 48fps.

They basicly playing the film at double speed. The dwaves will be running around rapidly being chased by elves and golblins while Yakety Sax is playing.

It'll be great.

Reply #2 Posted: December 02, 2012, 06:04:45 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
***Shoots Spacemoneky..... but not into space....

Reply #3 Posted: December 02, 2012, 07:07:43 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: simcore;1510551
Seeing it this month in Wellington at the Embassy, taking Grandad for his 80th birthday

You'll have a tale or two to tell when you come back.

Reply #4 Posted: December 03, 2012, 06:18:09 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I am watching this with Bells and Beards on!

Reply #5 Posted: December 03, 2012, 07:59:06 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I'm going to pirate it, because John Key already tax breaked warner bro's my ticket price.

Reply #6 Posted: December 04, 2012, 10:30:35 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Black Heart;1510771
I'm going to pirate it, because John Key already tax breaked warner bro's my ticket price.

Go for it.

See it on your shity 2d TV with your crap sound system.

Reply #7 Posted: December 05, 2012, 08:42:08 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Beats nausea, and loud noises interrupting my sleep for 3 hours, might even make the horribly fake looking dwarves look better, but it wont help Peter Jackson making dwarves the comic equivalent of jar jar binks.

Reply #8 Posted: December 06, 2012, 08:46:00 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Saw this last night, with high frame rate and 3d (for 17.70 inc glasses, that aint that expensive is it?)

So fucking clear. I shit you not, dat be high details.

I was impressed with this movie. LET ME TELL YOU.

The only problem with the 3d, is that sometimes the camera will be moving forward, and a poll will kind of hit the screen in the corner and disappear, or a guy with walk just in front and it will look like someone stood up in front of the projector ;p

The only problem I had with the movie, was lack of blood. Just seems to be dumbed down so kids could watch. Although it didn't bother me that much at all, really.
Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:34:36 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #9 Posted: December 17, 2012, 11:31:14 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

I loved the movie as well. I like the HFR and 3D, it makes it look more "real", hard to explain, you have to see it for yourself. Wife thought it made it look to real which took away the fantasy element to it. But I really enjoyed it.

The Dwarfs are great, Freeman does as great job as Bilbo. All the charaters are well cast.

Story sticks to the book pretty well, as well as adds a bit of 'what's going on in the background'

The only problem I had with the movie, was lack of blood. Just seems to be dumbed down so kids could watch. Although it didn't bother me that much at all, really.
Spoiler :
I saw lots of heads being chopped off. Some parts are a bit childish, like the goblin king.
Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:06:24 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #10 Posted: December 18, 2012, 08:04:15 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Bilbo and Gollum are awesome.

Gandalf is weird.

Radagast is shit.

Reply #11 Posted: December 18, 2012, 09:13:03 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1512002
Spoiler :
I saw lots of heads being chopped off. Some parts are a bit childish, like the goblin king.

Yes of course, Blood wasn't major, but its just annoying to pick up on? :P

Reply #12 Posted: December 19, 2012, 06:59:31 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline BushySB

• Devoted Member
  • BushySB has no influence.
Great movie. awesome start to an adventure

Reply #13 Posted: December 19, 2012, 09:03:14 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1512012
Bilbo and Gollum are awesome.

Gandalf is weird.

Radagast is shit.

Your post is funny, you have spellt Awesome three different ways and only managed to spell it correctly once

Reply #14 Posted: December 21, 2012, 07:21:50 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1512350
Your post is funny, you have spellt Awesome three different ways and only managed to spell it correctly once

You spelled spellt in a way I've never seen it spelled before.

Reply #15 Posted: December 21, 2012, 08:07:22 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

You spelt spelt 'spelled' which is different, but acceptable.

Reply #16 Posted: December 21, 2012, 12:45:59 pm

You've spooled the print jobs incorrectly.

Reply #17 Posted: December 21, 2012, 01:17:00 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Went to see The Hobbit again with a lady friend who hadn't seen it.

Trailer for upcoming Star Trek "Into Darkness" film comes on, appreciative noises from audience including myself.

She asks me "Is this the new one?" I say "Yes" She asks "Did you watch the last one?" Again I say "Yes" She asks "Did all the yellow shirts die in it?"

Uncomfortable silence ensues.

Reply #18 Posted: January 13, 2013, 07:21:09 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
film was terrible. drawn out over such a long period with nothing interesting happening. peter jackson should be put in charge of shortland street, not movies.

Reply #19 Posted: January 14, 2013, 11:24:53 am

If you didn't like it, why did you go see it?

Reply #20 Posted: January 14, 2013, 11:38:59 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
If you didn't like it, why did you go see it?

Reply #21 Posted: January 14, 2013, 04:09:27 pm

I thought I said that?

These forums are messing with me.

Reply #22 Posted: January 14, 2013, 04:21:44 pm

I thought I said that?

These forums are messing with me.

Reply #23 Posted: January 14, 2013, 04:21:59 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
go see it ? dude it's been on the net for sometime now.

Reply #24 Posted: January 14, 2013, 10:20:34 pm