Topic: Cricket Thread

Offline Chewie

• Just settled in
  • Chewie has no influence.
Butler is not 'great'. He is terribly inconsistent, he has one good match, like the Pakistan game, once every 5 or so.

Oram's not great either, but he seems to be pretty decent at drying up the runs.

Reply #300 Posted: May 11, 2010, 05:06:14 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Chewie;1263368
Oram's not great either, but he seems to be pretty decent at drying up the runs.

Especially when he's batting

Reply #301 Posted: May 13, 2010, 06:55:09 am

Offline Stephens

• Addicted
  • Stephens has no influence.
mccullum retires from wicketkeeping.. lol

Reply #302 Posted: May 13, 2010, 08:20:12 am
- For Teh Horde -

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
:\

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Seriously. Fuck sake.

Reply #303 Posted: May 13, 2010, 10:44:43 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Wow india have had a bad end to the tourny. I reckon SL can do it against england tonight, if they bat first. Dilshan is looking good for a big innings, and jaysuriya gotta come good sooner or later. Plus mendis/dilshan/jaysuriya/randiv all taking the pace off the ball in the middle, should put a lot of pressure on the english.

Reply #304 Posted: May 13, 2010, 11:09:01 am

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
  • MattaH has no influence.
Shane Bond has retired from all forms off international cricket.

Reply #305 Posted: May 14, 2010, 04:15:44 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
He was only playing 20/20 at the end anyway.

Shame his career was curtailed with ongoing injury. At his peak he was fantastic.

Imagine if he had stayed fit for the last 7-8 years, we would have been a force to be reckoned with

Reply #306 Posted: May 14, 2010, 04:29:34 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
He started quite late as well, was 26-27 on debut.

Reply #307 Posted: May 14, 2010, 04:44:32 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline toofast

• Addicted
He was never the same bowler when he came back anyway. I mean easily the best nz bowler we have now (which said alot about our current bowling resources), but no where near the same 150kmhr+ bowler he was in his peak. It a shame he had those injuries, since a geniunely quick bowler is always nice to have in the team, to rattle up the batsmen.

Reply #308 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:00:17 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Title says it all

[video]apB5RPu8uKQ[/video]

In swinging Yorker FTW

Reply #309 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:00:38 pm

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.
Quote from: MattaH;1265241
Shane Bond has retired from all forms off international cricket.
Again?

He only came back to boost his IPL contract worth.

I'd have told him to fuck off personally.

Same with McCullum. WTF is he doing telling Vettori and Greatbatch that he doesn't want to keep? Fuck him - keep or fuck off. All he's doing is making it so a batting spot is wasted. IMO he isn't a good enough batsman to demand that sort of treatment.

Reply #310 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:37:15 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Xt1ncT;1265298
IMO he isn't a good enough batsman to demand that sort of treatment.
Of course not - it's not like he's the highest scoring T20 batter in ALL internationals or anything.

Reply #311 Posted: May 14, 2010, 08:37:34 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
Quote from: TofuEater;1265423
Of course not - it's not like he's the highest scoring T20 batter in ALL internationals or anything.

T20 isnt real cricket, to stop keeping there needs to be another keeper capable of batting at 3 in the test team or McCullum needs to pull his finger out and start batting at 3. It the only position besides bowlers that isnt relatively stable in the test lineup.

Reply #312 Posted: May 15, 2010, 11:04:25 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
You mean like that great Number three wicketkeeper-Batsman Ian Smith?

Reply #313 Posted: May 15, 2010, 11:27:31 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: MattaH;1265594

T20 isnt real cricket, to stop keeping there needs to be another keeper capable of batting at 3 in the test team or McCullum needs to pull his finger out and start batting at 3. It the only position besides bowlers that isnt relatively stable in the test lineup.

Mccullum at 3 would be absurd. Hes not a reliable enough player. I think we need to look to someone like guptil or taylor as a long term number 3.

Just because he has played alot of games, doesn't mean he is suddenly one of the best in t20. I really don't know why he wouldn't want to keep. I mean the situation atm is fine because hopkins is there, but if we did get a good all rounder, then suddenly if hes not a keeper, we would be screwed.

Reply #314 Posted: May 15, 2010, 12:13:53 pm

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
And where did he score most of those runs?

Not keeping means they bring in an average keeper who is an average batsman. In T20 they can I'll afford average anywhere in the line up and what's worse is it wastes a position.

If I was a black caps fan I'd want to know who is calling the shots cos it sure as he'll shouldn't be mccullum

Reply #315 Posted: May 15, 2010, 07:28:59 pm

Offline Chewie

• Just settled in
When you compare his stats with the gloves and without the gloves it does show that he steps up when he's not keeping. I'd say that if he wants to play as a batsman, he could only do it in T20. It's worked reasonably well so far. Tests possibly, because of our lack of batting depth. But in ODIs I'd say that he doesn't really offer enough with the bat. Or hasn't so far. I'd still much prefer him to keep keeping though.

Reply #316 Posted: May 15, 2010, 08:38:07 pm

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
ENGLAND FTW.

That is all I have to say today

Reply #317 Posted: May 17, 2010, 06:23:30 pm

Offline Chewie

• Just settled in
Sucks how the White Ferns missed out for the third time in a row :(

Reply #318 Posted: May 17, 2010, 07:23:44 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1262962
Go Petersen.

I'm picking the poms to finally win one..

Xt and I picked it.

Reply #319 Posted: May 17, 2010, 08:30:58 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Xt1ncT;1265796

Not keeping means they bring in an average keeper who is an average batsman. In T20 they can I'll afford average anywhere in the line up
Umm, this is the Black Caps you're talking about. You know the doods who used to wear beige because it reminded the world how average they were (and still are).

Reply #320 Posted: May 17, 2010, 08:41:38 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
Looks like everyone's favorite chubby alcoholic (Ryder) is broken again and Andy McKay replacing Bond.

Our only hope is that Murali is still out.

Reply #321 Posted: May 21, 2010, 01:35:06 am

Offline Quasikomodo

• Just settled in
  • Quasikomodo has no influence.
Quote from: MattaH;1268391
Looks like everyone's favorite chubby alcoholic (Ryder) is broken again

He has an elbow injury! Funny that!
Lifting too many pints?

Reply #322 Posted: May 22, 2010, 08:33:23 am
a cpu, a motherboard, some ram, a gfx card, an optical drive (or 2), a hdd (or 4) and a psu... all in an aluminium case (oops, actually changed to a steel case now!!)

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Anyone following the SL vs India game. Turning into one hell of a game. This morning session looks critical. India last through it, without losing wickets, and they should hope for a win.

Reply #323 Posted: August 07, 2010, 04:52:09 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Quote from: Quasikomodo;1268888
Quote from: MattaH;1268391
Looks like everyone's favorite chubby alcoholic (Ryder) is broken again

He has an elbow injury! Funny that!
Lifting too many pints?

Stupid fat bastard.Charged again with getting on the piss and making a nuisance of himself.I cant believe the stupidity of this guy.There is a fortune to be made in the game and he is just to thick to take the opportunity. Last chance call from NZC but we have heard that before haven't we ? Do we need this guy that bad ?

Reply #324 Posted: August 07, 2010, 10:13:02 pm