Topic: iPhone 5

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Elephant dung is selling like hot cake

[/URL]

Reply #75 Posted: September 18, 2012, 08:43:15 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Not sure the metaphors are really doing the job.

It's amusing that you have again referred to an Apple product as being a high powered sports car yet are sure you aren't a fanboi
Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:30:55 pm by Bell

Reply #76 Posted: September 18, 2012, 09:23:14 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
The point was more that like Android, Toyota produces a large range of products, from high end to low end, targeting all price points and therefore a higher consumer base.

Like Lamborghini, Apple only produce a high end model with a high price point.

Therefore saying that Toyota make superior cars because they sell more is completely stupid, like Swindle.

Reply #77 Posted: September 18, 2012, 09:35:19 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
But Toyota makes nothing close to the power of a Lamborghini.

A better comparison might be between Rolls-Royce & Mercedes-Benz the first only makes luxury cars while the other makes a wider range including direct competitors to the first.

I will agree that Swindles point is a bit shit.

Reply #78 Posted: September 18, 2012, 10:20:03 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Fuck you both.

Reply #79 Posted: September 18, 2012, 10:22:38 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Quote from: Bell;1502989
But Toyota makes nothing close to the power of a Lamborghini.

A better comparison might be between Rolls-Royce & Mercedes-Benz the first only makes luxury cars while the other makes a wider range including direct competitors to the first.

I will agree that Swindles point is a bit shit.

You are correct. That is a far more accurate comparison.

Good day sir.

Reply #80 Posted: September 19, 2012, 06:36:35 am

Offline BigBoss

• Addicted
  • BigBoss has no influence.
BerG is my baby daddy

Reply #81 Posted: September 20, 2012, 02:55:59 pm

BigBoss   -   SacrificialLamb   -   Snake™

Offline BigBoss

• Addicted
  • BigBoss has no influence.
That being said .... I am very keen to give the Galaxy a try, I have had an Iphone 4 for a year or so now, and have really enjoyed it. Was holding out for the 5, but doesn't seem like too much of an improvement (as far as for me goes) ... most of the apps i use etc all open instantly and such the processor speed not really an issue to me. And the size/weight/thickness thing, yea thats nice... but again not that big of a deal to me.

I think I will try the s3, and if I don't like it go back to a 4 (depending on iPhone 5 prices)

... not that anyone cares probably (just thought I should add something relevant after outing BerG as my love childs semenological father)

Reply #82 Posted: September 20, 2012, 02:59:30 pm

BigBoss   -   SacrificialLamb   -   Snake™

Offline BerG

• Terminator

I care BigBoss, I care.

You sound like me when I was a young adolescent, just last year.

I too thought the 4S was not a good enough upgrade and embarked on a Galaxy S2 adventure.

What I discovered, I must not speak about around these parts. But let me just say, keep that iPhone 4 somewhere safe.

Reply #83 Posted: September 20, 2012, 03:07:07 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
The S2 sucked the fat one.

Just say it.

Reply #84 Posted: September 20, 2012, 03:32:37 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline monpepe

• Devoted Member
  • monpepe has no influence.
The S3 has good features. Its just so big!

Reply #85 Posted: September 21, 2012, 09:55:13 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: monpepe;1503194

That's what she said.

Reply #86 Posted: September 21, 2012, 09:58:15 am

Offline monpepe

• Devoted Member

Reply #87 Posted: September 21, 2012, 10:20:56 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #88 Posted: September 21, 2012, 01:24:36 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: monpepe;1503194

pfft i have the galaxy note the S3 is tiny.

Reply #89 Posted: September 22, 2012, 01:49:45 am

Offline Zenith

• Just settled in
  • Zenith has no influence.
Takes you back to Coke vs Pepsi, The S3 I5 battle works for both companies, people have to choose which one to buy, nevermind the rest of the completion and the lower spec phones.
seems like there are huge profit margins in these phones.

Reply #90 Posted: September 22, 2012, 08:30:16 am
 (Until I find a current one...)

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.
I don't understand the need to buy a new one.
I have an S2 and plan on taking it to the grave (ie waiting for it to become uneconomic to maintain).
Even if next years crop of phones dispense cocaine/soma and can turn into masturbators I wouldn't see the need to ditch my current phone.

Anyone here recently ditched theirs or planning on doing so this year?

Reply #91 Posted: September 22, 2012, 01:00:49 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I'd love to grab an SIII or iPhone 5. Fact of the matter is my pay cheque wont.

My $250 Huawei Ascend G300 is a poor man's SII and works wonders.

Reply #92 Posted: September 22, 2012, 02:36:00 pm

Offline Demandred

• Game Server Admin
  • Demandred has no influence.
Quote from: Aloysius;1503289
Even if next years crop of phones dispense cocaine/soma and can turn into masturbators I wouldn't see the need to ditch my current phone.

I call bullshit - you so would!

Reply #93 Posted: September 22, 2012, 03:09:58 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Aloysius;1503289
I don't understand the need to buy a new one.
I have an S2 and plan on taking it to the grave (ie waiting for it to become uneconomic to maintain).

Yea they seem like massive profit margins. Yes they are nice and slick, but hard to justify the jump from $250 to $800. Especially for a phone. I mean i only use my phone to browse the web, use it as a phone and play the odd game/use a app.

Reply #94 Posted: September 22, 2012, 11:52:53 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
I hear apple users are really happy about losing google maps.

Reply #95 Posted: September 23, 2012, 12:53:43 am

Offline swindle

lol

Reply #96 Posted: September 23, 2012, 01:12:12 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1502486
To be completely honest: That guitar app looks amazing.

Reply #97 Posted: September 23, 2012, 03:37:58 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline monpepe

• Devoted Member
Out of interest (I own a 50 dollar pre-pay phone) what is the best NZ provider for smart phone plans? And whats the best plan for data etc?

I may get a phone in the new year. Not sure which one yet. Maybe the new HTC one.

Reply #98 Posted: September 23, 2012, 04:05:45 pm

Offline swindle

2degrees.

$39 a month will get you 1GB of data, 2500 texts and 260 mins per month.

Reply #99 Posted: September 23, 2012, 05:24:37 pm