Topic: Intel BXRTS2011LC Thermal Solution: Will not buy again

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
So I took my closed loop cooler a part after it started sound like a damn train on a shaky bridge (out of warranty) and found this:

Posted: October 11, 2015, 05:07:42 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
What the fuck is it?

Reply #1 Posted: October 11, 2015, 06:13:33 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Looks like Raro.

You should drink it.

Reply #2 Posted: October 11, 2015, 06:52:29 pm

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
That's the colour of the "fluid" that came out of it, didn't smell very nice either.

Reply #3 Posted: October 11, 2015, 06:53:41 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
what type of water are you putting in it? It could just be a calcium buildup :/
Try buying purified water (Or just make it yourself)

Reply #4 Posted: October 11, 2015, 07:49:01 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.

It comes as a closed loop system, so you dont have to put any liquid into it. It should come with the liquid already in there.

you didnt happen to get the everglades edition did you Artanis? :D

Reply #5 Posted: October 11, 2015, 07:57:27 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
With what came out of it, I just may have.

It comes as a closed loop system, so you dont have to put any liquid into it. It should come with the liquid already in there.

you didnt happen to get the everglades edition did you Artanis? :D

Reply #6 Posted: October 11, 2015, 08:06:03 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Or just make it yourself

Based on the colour, it looks like he did.

Reply #7 Posted: October 12, 2015, 11:12:51 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
hmmm ive seen old coolant do that and break down, that looks like the anti corrosive stuff broke down and formed the gunk,  just get some ek fluid or some of the stuff from CL  to replace it.

also dont flush with tap water,   i suggest buying enough to flush the system, and run it for a few days,  and then swap out to completely fresh stuff.

also these are a bastard to refill and get out the air from as there is no way of burping the system since the only access is via taking the block apart.

unless your game to cut the hose coming down to the cput block and put in a t junction with a reservoir.

get this to flush with.

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=24781

and then also to refill after the 2 to 3 day flush.

and unless you want to do the mod with a reservoir then get coloured stuff, but only do that if your confident that you got rid of all the shit in the system so id doesn't discolour.

mod options - something like this

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=22470

plus a couple of these

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=19123

and fit it mid line on the return to cpu line so not the pump side, that way you can refill, bleed and also burp the system.

Reply #8 Posted: October 12, 2015, 02:09:09 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
also those impeller on the pump side are generally a magnetic floating unit,  so i would disassemble  it further as the crap gets lodged underneath and around the impeller housing and probably causes your tractor noises.

Reply #9 Posted: October 12, 2015, 02:10:50 pm

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
Not really gonna bother with it, have replaced it with a Thermalright True Spirit 120mm CPU Cooler fitted with two Noctua FN-12's.

Flushed the radiator with distilled water at pressure for interest sake (mate works for an aircon place) flushed so much shit out of it we gave up on it, just way to much shit in it.

I've had it totally a part there is a lot of ware on the impeller housing so it looks like not matter what one would do it wouldnt make much difference.
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:35:27 pm by ArtanisNZ

Reply #10 Posted: October 12, 2015, 02:29:23 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
if your done playing with it how much to ship me the the bits and parts ?

gives me something to tinker with in the evenings when the kids are in bed and i cant game because the wife is watching her shows.

Reply #11 Posted: October 12, 2015, 02:45:57 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
i cant game because the wife is watching her shows.

Fuck that noise.

Reply #12 Posted: October 13, 2015, 11:42:54 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Get a belt buckle television and position her under the desk if you know what I mean...

Reply #13 Posted: October 13, 2015, 11:56:33 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!

Fuck that noise.

Been playing world of warships at night while Wife is trying to watch her shows and my computer is like WHIIIIRRRRRRRRRRR

I can feel the knives in my back.

Reply #14 Posted: October 13, 2015, 12:31:42 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
more the fact i am playing Elite dangerous and have voiceattack which is a voice command program, so calling out command gets me stabby looks

Reply #15 Posted: October 13, 2015, 12:36:12 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I'm not allowed to use voice ever.

Reply #16 Posted: October 13, 2015, 12:53:38 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
I'm not allowed to use voice ever.

this is why i am happy the wife works thursday through sunday nightshift.

she wants to change to a partime day job instead, i cant allow that or i would never game....

Reply #17 Posted: October 13, 2015, 01:05:33 pm

Online Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

I genuinely do not understand how this works, or is a thing.

Reply #18 Posted: October 13, 2015, 01:44:55 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

I genuinely do not understand how this works, or is a thing.

not everybody gargles the same way you do.....   :-X :-*

Reply #19 Posted: October 13, 2015, 01:58:47 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Gaming in lounge with headset chatting to bro and clan members on Destiny and gf doesn't care master-race.

Reply #20 Posted: October 13, 2015, 02:17:09 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
wife is filthy master race

Reply #21 Posted: October 13, 2015, 02:27:37 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
RII some of us are past the honeymoon period, when you've seen your own demon spawn burst forth from your partner all bets are off and she will demand things she wants because by then your balls are in a jar on the mantle peice and there ain't no way to win an argument with a tired mother even if you've been doing the night feeds so she can sleep.

So I rather let her watch her shows and I game when the stars align the kids sleep and she is at work.

It's just better that way.
Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:02:02 am by Xsannz

Reply #22 Posted: October 13, 2015, 06:15:48 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Just remember a man stands with his back to the fire he warms the hole of his being.

A woman stands facing the fire she warms the hole of creation.

Reply #23 Posted: October 13, 2015, 06:30:39 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
I've two children. We've been together for ten years. This is my best derail yet.

Reply #24 Posted: October 13, 2015, 08:31:17 pm

lol @ console hate