Topic: Does anybody play EVE online?

Offline [TBAG]P.Dalziel

• Just settled in
  • [TBAG]P.Dalziel has no influence.
So because I my opinions differ from yours I'm trolling?  lol  I seriously don't wish to argue about computer games at (2.00ofmgAM)  

and bet you do watch tv or alt_tab while "playing" - I did  and so did most of the people in my corp;)
All I'm saying is I think Eve is a shitty boring game - to me.  Your posts seem to say that if you don't like eve you're somehow less intelligent.   Which is fairly typical of the elitist attitudes which seems to be present in all RPG's.  And as for your niche game comments - once again you seem to imply that because I don't like the game i am immature.

In summary: It's just a game who cares.

BTW In Frontier you could crash into the planets and even back on my old spectrum playing the granddaddy "Elite"  you'd crash into the stations if you weren't careful.

Thats the thing that pisses me off the most about EVE; that it could have been a fucking amazing game

Reply #25 Posted: September 15, 2007, 02:06:00 am

"Computer games don\'t affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we\'d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music"

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: '[TBAG
P.Dalziel;540503']as it will always boil down to upgrades and skills - yawn a stats based pissing contest.

Its funny. This is EXACTLY the comments used when people put down D20 Dungeons and Dragons. The great irony of it all is that there was no change from ADnD to D20, D20 just made the contest much more obvious and faster
Quote from: Invisty;540569
I believe you're familiar with another game that is all about stats and upgrades, called Bf2?

I recognized the possibility for abuse as soon as I played the demo for BF2 and its one of the reasons why I dont play it now. You also need a good TEAM to play it 'properly' and by 'properly' I mean by 'Gentlemans rules'. Any game can become nothing more than a torrent of abuses and exploits if you give players half the chance.

As can be seen from this discussion: Invisty likes EVE for the exact same reasons that Dalziel hates it. Ahh the great irony of life

Reply #26 Posted: September 15, 2007, 11:35:08 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline antman

• Just settled in
  • antman has no influence.
Since there is a fair bit of Eve-Online players, you guys should check this out.
Make a decent thread in Eve Descussion, and reply to the one mentioned in the link below, and you go into the draw to win Eve TimeCodes :) Yay

http://forum.egaming.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4

Cheers
-Ant

Reply #27 Posted: September 17, 2007, 11:56:22 am

Offline Reznard

• Addicted
  • Reznard has no influence.
Just started the trial as I'm bored of WoW at the moment and the lack of children playing definitly appeals to me.  So far it seems pretty daunting in terms of scope, but I can definitlyimagine the possibilities of awesomeness.

Reply #28 Posted: September 17, 2007, 03:32:15 pm

Offline Hads

• Just settled in
  • Hads has no influence.
I played for about 3 months, was a trader, which is a safe easy way to make isk, but very time consuming.  Anyhow got sick of getting to a place worth going to and getting podded, space pirates aren't much fun.

Reply #29 Posted: September 17, 2007, 04:32:33 pm

Offline Proe

• Devoted Member
  • Proe has no influence.
Quote from: Invisty;540569

As I said, EVE is not a fun game. Comprehende?

Good enough reason for me :D FPS is where its at for my twitch addictions

Reply #30 Posted: September 19, 2007, 09:07:28 am
[SIGPIC]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/473/retroe.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote from: SmiLinSniPeR;574573
You would think that  a forum of people over the age of 16 would be able to hold a civil conversation would\'nt you?

Best Quote of the Year from BF2 in my opinion.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Hey Eve Online nerds, what happened to this thing?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9724-E3-Preview-Dust-514
E3 Preview: Dust 514
Mike Kayatta | 9 June 2012 4:00 am
Much like its parent game EVE Online, Dust 514 is a game of interesting ideas, and oppressive execution. The game is fun- that much is clear -but many of the game's aspects will likely be far from your comfort zone. Fortunately, the game is free-to-play, so, once launched, it will be easy to make the choice for yourself.

For those of you unfamiliar, Dust 514 takes place inside the universe of another game: PC exclusive MMO EVE Online. But when I say "inside", I don't mean "based on"; Dust is literally happening within the framework of EVE. In EVE, groups of players fight for control of certain planets from the safety of their spaceships, leaving someone to do the actual dirty work by fighting it out on the surface. In Dust that someone is you: a clone mercenary for hire. Yes, you're a clone, a golden explanation as to why you keep showing up again every time you were shot in the face.

Skills work similarly to EVE, most slowly gaining over time, even when you aren't there to grind them. Though you're a death-prone clone, your consciousness is your own, and it's that, not your perishable body, that maintains what you've learned.

I played my first match somewhere in the something system, in the something galaxy, on planet something-82352. There are that many places to fight: literally every planet from the game of EVE. I chose from one of six pre-made classes, though come full release time, players will be on their own to completely customize each loadout for themselves.

Once on the ground, I was met with a competent shooter. Things felt pretty standard, which isn't to say bad. The health seemed just a tad too high (possibly due to the severe punishment of getting killed), but otherwise I was right at home as someone with moderate to high shooter experience. I was able to call in a variety of vehicles to spice things up, as well as do some interesting things on the map, such as hop inside of a turret, or spawn on a plane circling the battlefield. Once, my car got stuck on some terrain, and then it happened again. Most things worked just fine, but at least in my demo, there were a few kinks to still work out.

Reply #31 Posted: February 01, 2013, 06:26:44 pm
I am now banned from GetSome