Topic: Microsoft Surface

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
But by switching to other platforms you lose any advantages iOS has, through jail breaking I can have all the benefits of the platforms. Until Android tablet apps become significantly better and it stops being so fragmented it would take days for me to get it exactly how I want it(been three weeks since I got my android phone and I still don't like the configuration). Jail breaking and installing all the tweaks I want can seriously take 10 minutes or less.
Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:17:52 pm by O-L-W-A-G

Reply #125 Posted: March 17, 2013, 05:10:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
The last experience I had on an Android tablet was utter shit (in terms of apps). Asus Transformer.

Only a select few were actually made for a 10" form factor and ones that weren't just stretched and looked hideous.

However, It's been a while and I'd hope devs have made their apps workable for the small and bigger screens.

P.S, my Nexus 4 arrives in a few days - YIFF IN HELL FURFAG APPLE COCKSUCKERS.

Reply #126 Posted: March 18, 2013, 11:31:38 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1521002
The majority of people buying notebooks are paying $1500

Yeah but I think you missed the part where they got proper computers.

Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1521014
But by switching to other platforms you lose any advantages iOS has

iOS has advantages?

Reply #127 Posted: March 18, 2013, 06:04:01 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

The only app i've found on 4.2.2 that didn't like being on a tab was swiftkey normal, which makes sense since they have a tab version lol

Reply #128 Posted: March 18, 2013, 06:43:12 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1521081
iOS has advantages?

Buy Apple like the Rich and Famous
Fits like glove in hand or anus

Reply #129 Posted: March 18, 2013, 11:00:13 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;1521081
Yeah but I think you missed the part where they got proper computers.
iOS has advantages?
Yeah but you missed the part where they don't need proper computers.

Yes huge support for each device from Apple and devs, tablet apps don't look like shit and for those that are hopeless ease of use. The support from developers(official apps and JB) is a major selling point for me and the reason why I switched from an android tablet. I'm considering switching to a surface pro if it doesn't fail like the RT.
Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:23:48 pm by O-L-W-A-G

Reply #130 Posted: March 21, 2013, 05:20:54 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1521408
I'm considering switching to a surface pro if it doesn't fail like the RT.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Popularity contest?

Other people make your decisions for you?

You buy stuff based on sales figures?

You buy stuff based on stock?

What?

Reply #131 Posted: March 21, 2013, 06:36:51 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
He's an ipad user, clearly has Down Syndrome.

Reply #132 Posted: March 21, 2013, 06:44:57 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Clearly.

Reply #133 Posted: March 21, 2013, 07:16:54 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1521408
Yeah but you missed the part where they don't need proper computers.

Err but you can buy a 'proper' laptop for under 1k and this thing is 1.2k so that doesn't really make sense?
Also 'proper' computers have a lot of support from developers, you know like the majority of software that has been created over the last 2 decades.

Reply #134 Posted: March 21, 2013, 07:58:40 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
And the opportunity to do non derp stuff on them, even if you only need to derp atm.

Reply #135 Posted: March 21, 2013, 10:46:57 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
I know, the cost does put me off it. It's the support from developers I want not wether it is popular or not, it just happens to be that developers like money and so will develop for the more popular platform. I do not buy products for status otherwise I wouldn't be looking at headphones that are not beats by dr dre. For the last time I do not want or need a 'proper' mobile computer, tablets have the benefit of lasting entire days without charging, are light, able to complete the day to day tasks, are more comfortable to use in any position and I have my desktop which is my 'proper' computer.

The surface pro does MASSIVE support in terms of apps it runs but wether or not Microsoft cans it or not depends on wether it sells more than the Kin. I will probably wait for it to come down to $750ish.

Continue trying to troll berg, takes a lot more than that to annoy me.
Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:09:54 pm by O-L-W-A-G

Reply #136 Posted: March 22, 2013, 05:52:40 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
What the hell is this monstrosity
http://www.cnet.com/news/meet-surface-hub-microsofts-take-on-videoconferencing/
The device is called the Surface Hub and it's essentially a gigantic tablet running Windows 10. In fact, it's an 84-inch "ultrahigh-definition" touchscreen display. But it's more than that: packed on top, bottom and to the side of the screen, as well as inside the device itself, are several of Microsoft's Kinect motion sensors.

Reply #137 Posted: January 22, 2015, 11:40:28 am

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Phone.
Phablet.
Tablet.
Tvablet.
TV.

Reply #138 Posted: January 22, 2015, 03:57:05 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
beep boop

Reply #139 Posted: January 22, 2015, 04:38:07 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It is Microsoft's HoloLens!
http://mashable.com/2015/01/22/hololens-hands-on-experience/
Minutes later I was standing on the surface of Mars. The car-sized Curiosity Rover was just feet away from me, real enough to touch. All around me were spectacular Martian rock formations. I squatted down to take a closer look at a collection near my feet. All that was missing was the ability to pick up one of these stones and toss is over the ever-watchful Curiosity’s head.

Earlier, a pair of Microsoft representatives had gingerly placed the HoloLens dev gear on my head, reminding me not to touch any of the exposed technology on the front of it. Before my eyes a thin blue line outlined a rectangle. In its center was a Windows logo. The technician worked with me to position the headgear until I could see the whole rectangle — which would allow for an optimal experience.

Before this, they had measured the distance between my pupils with a special device straight out of an optometrist's office (future HoloLens will do this measurement on their own). They used this measurement to preconfigure the HoloLens and then asked me to push my glasses up against the bridge of my nose so they wouldn’t be in the way.

Now, the technician was tightening the HoloLens on my head. The headgear made a clicking sound that I initially mistook for my skull cracking The headgear made a clicking sound that I initially mistook for my skull cracking — it was very tight. But I could see the whole square and was ready for my Mars experience.

The pressure on my head soon gave way to sheer wonder. Microsoft worked closely with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) to develop the OnSite Curiosity experience software. The goal, they told me, is to revolutionize how JPL scientists drive this mission and how they walk about and explore the Martian surface.
Now feel the complete visual and emotional experience of a BSOD in a virtual environment
edit:

Reply #140 Posted: January 22, 2015, 09:21:34 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
That looks awesome, proper augmented reality. Far better then that silly thing that google company came up with.

I saw more actually useful applications for HoloLens in that short video then I have seen for Google glass since it was released.

Being able to represent a 3d model while working on it would be great. Google Glass is monoscopic so it is of no use there.
Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 06:58:27 am by Spacemonkeyorsarus

Reply #141 Posted: January 23, 2015, 05:19:16 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
The device is called the Surface Hub and it's essentially a gigantic tablet running Windows 10. In fact, it's an 84-inch "ultrahigh-definition" touchscreen display. But it's more than that: packed on top, bottom and to the side of the screen, as well as inside the device itself, are several of Microsoft's Kinect motion sensors.

Already got onto the technology manager at work, who's already asked Microsoft for a demo model as soon as they become available in NZ :-P

Reply #142 Posted: January 23, 2015, 07:21:40 am

Offline Tiwaking!

http://www.theinsiderreview.com/technology/microsoft-brings-cortana-xbox-to-windows-ten-download-the-no-cost-technical-preview-upgrade-now-h5621.html
Microsoft has stated that it will give a cost-free upgrade to Windows ten for current customers of Windows 7, Windows eight and Windows 8.1.

Microsoft Brings Cortana, Xbox To Windows ten
Download The No cost Technical Preview Upgrade Now

The Microsoft Corporation released a absolutely free download for the newest version of Windows ten to members of its Insider Program on Friday. Microsoft had announced the most current build (9926) and attributes of Windows ten at an occasion on Wednesday

Reply #143 Posted: January 25, 2015, 08:09:20 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

Already got onto the technology manager at work, who's already asked Microsoft for a demo model as soon as they become available in NZ :-P

we just got the developer API's and our MVP just confirmed us 5 testing units....  got to love health industry and the power it has to pull in new devices..

LIAS.. suck my hairy HOLOlense  wearing balls.

Reply #144 Posted: January 26, 2015, 12:25:25 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Now if hololense limited edition comes in a halo helmet and works with cortana in windows 10 ...

I am never leaving home gain.

Reply #145 Posted: January 26, 2015, 12:26:11 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Now if hololense limited edition comes in a halo helmet and works with cortana in windows 10 ...

I am never leaving home gain.

This.

Reply #146 Posted: January 26, 2015, 01:15:12 pm