Topic: Microsoft Surface

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: camy205;1490701
Oh right. Everything besides that....

Current generation Windows Phone is pretty damn sweet. Current generation server products are pretty damn sweet.

I think the only real fail since vista is Windows 8 for Desktop (It'll still be sweet for tablet/phone)

Reply #25 Posted: June 20, 2012, 08:51:14 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zenith;1490677
What will break it is the apps.  unless they can tap in to the Android app market (which a while ago was pretty weak for tablet apps anyway) or have and Ipad emulator.  
MS may have to cut the price and try and get a lot out into the market.

I guess one of the reasons MS pushed the beta version of Win8 out so early is to get people intrested in developing apps for it. There will be plenty of apps by the time Windows RT is release, although no where near the same number as whats available for iPad.

Windows RT can't support any kind of emulation software, however from my experience it will be quite easy for andriod developers to code thier apps for Windows RT.

Windows 8 Pro will run anything Windows 7 can.

Reply #26 Posted: June 20, 2012, 09:07:30 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: camy205;1490701
Oh right. Everything besides that....

Guess you haven't used Win2k8R2 to do anything...

This tablet will appeal to a LOT of businesses as they are probably already considering using tablets, and now they don't need to change their application base from windows architecture. It's a no brainer really.

Reply #27 Posted: June 20, 2012, 10:01:15 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Me and my company already have people that have asked for exactly this type of functionality.

Really hope this works as well as it should

Reply #28 Posted: June 20, 2012, 11:52:01 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Oh look, an Asus transformer pad.
Only with windows.

And for some reason people think it's revolutionary?

The only revolutionary thing is that it runs windows.

Reply #29 Posted: June 20, 2012, 07:01:01 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Either I missed it, or it has no camera? Tablets are pro for skype/video calling, why does it not have one?

Also, it needs a microsoft version of the ipads retina display, that shit it sexy.

Reply #30 Posted: June 20, 2012, 08:15:20 pm

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/about.aspx

Surface has not just one, but two cameras. Use the front LifeCam to chat with the people that you care about. The rear-facing LifeCam is angled to 22 degrees so you can flip out the Kickstand and record meetings and events hands-free. Stereo speakers and dual microphones tuned for Skype help you sound like you are right next door.

Reply #31 Posted: June 20, 2012, 08:47:18 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

Reply #32 Posted: June 20, 2012, 09:34:36 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline tono14

• Just settled in
  • tono14 has no influence.
Just soooo sexy I dont think ill be needing to look any further for fap material tonight :)

Reply #33 Posted: June 20, 2012, 10:31:22 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1490814
Oh look, an Asus transformer pad.
Only with windows.

And for some reason people think it's revolutionary?

The only revolutionary thing is that it runs windows.

Yes, running a full version of windows is what makes it revolutionary.

There hasn't yet been a tablet which runs a full windows OS that has been designed for touch.

There has been many windows tablets before, but they've never done too well because the OS was always designed for mouse and keyboard first.

Reply #34 Posted: June 21, 2012, 08:10:48 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #35 Posted: June 21, 2012, 11:33:34 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
it happens, even ios freezes... once for me, i think it was last year in may...

Reply #36 Posted: June 21, 2012, 12:12:08 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Imagine the fappery if an iTampon ran OSsomefuckingbigcatnamewankery

IMAGINE!

Reply #37 Posted: June 21, 2012, 12:19:49 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I've seen windows 'designed for touch' before it was shit and nobody used it. like the tablet PC 'support' or the all in one touchscreens. MS historically made crap OS's for touch. Crashing during demonstration doesn't fill me with confidence this will be any different.

Reply #38 Posted: June 21, 2012, 12:29:09 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
back then it was only a gimmick and people wanted to be wanky in meetings with their windows xp tablet that was completely shit. It was still WinXP pretending to be a tablet, they were slow and shit.

Reply #39 Posted: June 21, 2012, 12:53:15 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1490892
Oops.

http://www.wimp.com/newtablet/

LoL, Windows 98 all over again?

Quote from: Emrico1;1490903
Imagine the fappery if an iTampon ran OSsomefuckingbigcatnamewankery

IMAGINE!

iOSX?

From what I hear every new cat seems to bring the two closer towards a singularity.

... Sounds familiar...

Reply #40 Posted: June 21, 2012, 08:23:09 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I remember this article being on one of the top fails of 2012

http://www.zagg.com/community/blog/oprah-uses-her-ipad-to-tell-us-how-much-she-loves-the-surface/
Oprah recently revealed that Microsoft’s Surface tablet is one of her “Favorite Things” of 2012. Then, last night, she tweeted “Gotta say love that SURFACE! Have bought 12 already for Christmas gifts.” Interesting to note that the tweet was sent from an iPad. Below is a screenshot of the tweet from my Tweetbot iPhone app, which pulls in the source for each tweet.

Reply #41 Posted: January 19, 2013, 09:41:01 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Paid product endorsement maybe?

Reply #42 Posted: January 21, 2013, 09:24:34 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Took you two days to figure that out?

Reply #43 Posted: January 21, 2013, 09:49:54 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
potatoes

Reply #44 Posted: January 21, 2013, 10:07:51 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
mash em, boil em, stick em in a stew

Reply #45 Posted: January 22, 2013, 08:15:33 am

Oprah is so rich, buying 12 is nothing, she could buy Surfaces to use as toilet paper.

Reply #46 Posted: January 22, 2013, 08:17:21 am

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Don't be silly, the surface is smooth it will just smear, iPad's on the other hand........

Reply #47 Posted: January 22, 2013, 08:20:48 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Nostargate;1515554
Don't be silly, the surface is smooth it will just smear, iPad's on the other hand........

Swipe to unlock?

Reply #48 Posted: January 22, 2013, 09:13:45 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Back to topic, has anyone used one of these yet? Opinions plz.

Reply #49 Posted: January 22, 2013, 06:05:59 pm