Topic: iPhone 5

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;1509172
Playing games isn't important.
Having an affordable device that can deliver mobile access to the internet, video, GPS, twitter etc to the masses is pretty powerful stuff.

No they aren't they are just an example, but there will be other tasks out there that the cheaper phones just can't handle. An E90 communicator could do all the listed tasks as well. Hell even a 3120c could do all that minus the GPS.

Quote from: toofast;1509177
Wait what. You consider a cheap android to be $500?

That is a lot cheaper compared to the phones at the 1000$ mark. Android phones cheaper than that and you might as well get a cheap Nokia phone because the screen is too small or it is too far out of date. At the $500 dollar mark one can pick up the slightly outdated but still pretty good Galaxy Nexus.

Quote from: swindle;1509182
So you're talking about Apple then?
5 years and 6 phone. You fucking tell me bro.
Android phones with fucking old school Gingerbread are still be made and used, on hold hardware, and run really well.

The 3Gs from 2009 got iOS6(Yes doesn't have full support but that is what the Cydia/AppStore is for), I don't see the EVO 4G, Nexus One or DROID getting Jellybean.
But not by major players, see how support they'll have in a years time.

Reply #225 Posted: November 20, 2012, 08:44:34 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1509373
That is a lot cheaper compared to the phones at the 1000$ mark. Android phones cheaper than that and you might as well get a cheap Nokia phone because the screen is too small or it is too far out of date. At the $500 dollar mark one can pick up the slightly outdated but still pretty good Galaxy Nexus.

It's probably best you take another look at what Android offers at certain price brackets.

I have a $250 Huawei. 1GHz, 4" screen, Adreno GPU, 5MP camera. Runs amazingly well with ICS.

Reply #226 Posted: November 20, 2012, 09:04:36 am

Codex

^U8800?

Reply #227 Posted: November 20, 2012, 02:10:21 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #228 Posted: November 20, 2012, 02:14:48 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
U8815

Also this looks awesome for the price: http://huaweimobile.co.nz/ascend-g600

$400

Android v4.0
4.5" qHD Touch Screen
8Megapixel Camera w/ Dual LED flash
1.2GHz Dual Core Processor

I just blew your $500 theory out of the dick-flavoured water.

Reply #229 Posted: November 20, 2012, 02:23:38 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
BUT WHAT IF I CAN'T PLAY TEMPLE RUN AT 9000FPS‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽ NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #230 Posted: November 20, 2012, 03:30:40 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I played Temple Run once.

I didn't get it.

Reply #231 Posted: November 20, 2012, 03:38:32 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Retardobot;1509396
U8815

$400

Android v4.0
4.5" qHD Touch Screen
8Megapixel Camera w/ Dual LED flash
1.2GHz Dual Core Processor

I just blew your $500 theory out of the dick-flavoured water.

Not to mention, if you are willing to directly buy it from china yourself, you can pick up above spec phones even cheaper (sub-$300). Androids are by far superior for the middle market.

Reply #232 Posted: November 20, 2012, 07:02:00 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1509376
It's probably best you take another look at what Android offers at certain price brackets.
I have a $250 Huawei. 1GHz, 4" screen, Adreno GPU, 5MP camera. Runs amazingly well with ICS.

Link? The last time I looked at the $300$ bracket was when the P500 was $200$
Quote from: Retardobot;1509396
U8815
$400.

The Galaxy Nexus is $468$ish so I rounded up, would still rather pay the extra $70$ for a flagship device to get a greater amount of support from Google, CFW devs and app devs.

Quote from: toofast;1509426
Not to mention, if you are willing to directly buy it from china yourself, you can pick up above spec phones even cheaper (sub-$300). Androids are by far superior for the middle market.

Almost any phone is cheaper from china, never said they weren't. It is exactly where I am looking and why I am asking RB for the link.
Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:21:31 pm by O-L-W-A-G

Reply #233 Posted: November 23, 2012, 01:35:36 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1509770
Link? The last time I looked at the 300$ bracket was when the P500 was 200$

The Galaxy Nexus is 468$ish so I rounded up, would still rather pay the extra 70$ for a flagship device to get a greater amount of support from Google, CFW devs and app devs.

Your $'s are all up on the wrong side of your numbers.

$ sign should go before the number.

Reply #234 Posted: November 23, 2012, 01:51:49 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
I know but I always forget to add them till after I have typed the number, I'll change it.

Reply #235 Posted: November 23, 2012, 06:01:10 pm

No, don't change it. Now I feel bad.

Reply #236 Posted: November 23, 2012, 07:02:08 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Now it's on both sides

Reply #237 Posted: November 23, 2012, 08:21:49 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #238 Posted: January 03, 2013, 02:10:39 pm

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
  • xpertz has no influence.
Hard out.. Next minute they will be trying to trademark the work "App"

Reply #239 Posted: January 10, 2013, 06:05:49 pm
<on3.co.nz | CS 1.6 TOURNAMENT #1>EAC
[EAC] HcN.skytech :: This server requires the use of 32bit colour
HcN.skytech dropped
HcN.skytech has left the game

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Can anyone cite a more destructive company to its industry than Apple is to the mobile devices market?

EDIT: RIAA.

Reply #240 Posted: January 10, 2013, 06:36:00 pm

Offline Emrico1

Apple in a nutshell

Reply #241 Posted: January 10, 2013, 07:12:54 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #242 Posted: January 10, 2013, 07:56:19 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

rafiq

It's so thin and so light, yet iPhone 5 features a larger display, a faster chip, the
latest wireless technology, an 8MP iSight camera, and everyone would try to have an iphone 5.

Reply #243 Posted: May 11, 2013, 06:21:26 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: rafiq;1525103
It's so thin and so light, yet iPhone 5 features a larger display, a faster chip, the
latest wireless technology, an 8MP iSight camera, and everyone would try to have an iphone 5.

Concentrate on buildings first.

Worry about iphones next.

Reply #244 Posted: May 11, 2013, 08:23:35 am

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: rafiq;1525103

এই মুক্ত ইংরেজী-বাংলা অভিধানটি আপনার মত ব্যবহারকারীদের অংশগ্রহণের ফসল। এটিকে সমৃদ্ধ করতে নিচের ইংরেজী শব্দটির একটি বাংলা প্রতিশব্দ জমা দিয়ে আপনিও এই প্রচেষ্টায় সামিল হতে পারেন।
ইংরেজী শব্দ

Reply #245 Posted: May 11, 2013, 08:30:45 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Move over iPhone, your new rival has arrived! The Mi Note sold out in THREE MINUTES

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/xiaomi-mi-note-sells-out-in-3-minutes-2015-1
Apple's Biggest Rival In China Sold Out Its New Phone In Just 3 Minutes
ROB PRICE  YESTERDAY AT 8:30 AM
The launch of the rising Chinese technology giant Xiaomi’s latest mobile phone has been a resounding success, Android Central reports, with the Mi Note selling out just three minutes after it went on sale on Tuesday morning.

We don’t know how many devices were sold, but Xiaomi has received more than 220 million reservations for the mobile device (though these won’t all translate into sales). The company is aiming to sell 100 million devices in 2015 — a substantial jump from the 61.1 million sold in 2014.

Xiaomi is sometimes described as the “Apple of China,” and it has been criticised for producing devices that bear remarkable similarities to those of the Cupertino company. Apple design boss Jony Ive has labelled the designs of Xiaomi’s phones as “theft.” But for the Mi Note, Xiaomi eschewed Apple’s aesthetic, instead opting for a simple, elegant glass design. (CEO Lei Jun even mocked Apple’s designs during the Mi Note’s unveiling.)

The Mi Note also boasts impressive specs, packing more RAM, a bigger battery and a more powerful camera into the Mi Note than is in the iPhone 6 — at a significantly cheaper cost. The Mi Note starts at $US370, while the iPhone is $US749 for the lowest-spec option. Early reviews of the Mi Note are also highly positive.

Reply #246 Posted: January 29, 2015, 12:59:08 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

It's easy to make someone sell out in 3 minutes.

Just make one of them.

Reply #247 Posted: January 29, 2015, 01:31:49 pm