Topic: Old Man complains about paying off his student loan.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/8606961/Pensioners-caught-in-loan-squeeze

Old man takes out a student loan of $4000 back in 1998.

Now the government has increased his fortnightly pension payments by $13 ($644 to $657), which according to the article is over the repayment threshold.

Now the threshold for SL payments is actually $734 a fortnight, so I don't know if the article got the numbers wrong or what.

But anyway, even if he only got increased a few dollars over the threshold, then his SL payment for the year would be around $2!

What is he complaining about? $2 a year? He should be happy that he'll die long before his loan ever gets paid off, leaving us younger generation with his debt.
Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:05:00 am by Spacemonkey

Posted: April 29, 2013, 09:20:52 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
"The government is taking my money without my permission"

lets take out a mortgage, not make any payments, then having a big QQ when the house gets reclaimed.

Reply #1 Posted: April 29, 2013, 09:24:24 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
"The government is hacking in to my pension without my permission. To me the pension should be untouchable."

That word - it does not mean what you think it means - words cannot express my rage at that statement

Reply #2 Posted: April 29, 2013, 04:54:20 pm

Obble

Should of studied something useful, and have it paid off by now.

Scumbag students.

Reply #3 Posted: April 29, 2013, 05:49:41 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Hes just waiting till he dies so doesn't have to pay it back.

Reply #4 Posted: April 29, 2013, 07:40:32 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Am I the only one who thinks this shouldn't be news? I mean if we are going to have news articles about every stupid opinion of every jerkoff in NZ, we'll need a bigger internet.

Reply #5 Posted: April 30, 2013, 08:11:29 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
thats why its called stuff its not news it's just 'stuff'

Reply #6 Posted: April 30, 2013, 08:32:23 pm

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
OP title is wrong, he's not paying the loan off, he's apparently now making some pitance loan repayment.

Reply #7 Posted: May 01, 2013, 07:26:50 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Black Heart;1524432
Am I the only one who thinks this shouldn't be news? I mean if we are going to have news articles about every stupid opinion of every jerkoff in NZ, we'll need a bigger internet.

Anything to do with hacking is news.

Reply #8 Posted: May 01, 2013, 08:33:26 am