Topic: Easter Projects?

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
What you got lined up?

I'm optimistically going to try to:

1. Replace two dying drives on my VM Host.
2. Program the Media Centre PC's in the house (we have two) so that everything automates for Plex and the remotes are set up correctly.
3. Set up remote connectivity for all the PC's in the house via Teamviewer and VNC.
4. Set up back ups again on my PC and across my two NAS's.
5. Start to replace the speaker surrounds on my home theatre speakers (the foam edging has gone on them all, and I only just got them back from the ex, and found them in total dire need of fixing - probably why she wanted to give them back to me lol).

Posted: April 17, 2014, 01:21:48 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Masturbate without crying all over my dick.

Reply #1 Posted: April 17, 2014, 01:28:14 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Tears of joy?

Reply #2 Posted: April 17, 2014, 01:29:35 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Sad tears.

Lonely, sad tears.

Reply #3 Posted: April 17, 2014, 01:32:32 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
Sad tears.

Lonely, sad tears.
Ohhhhhh, Galbraith's, Monday, we can wingman each other on rotation. I'll drop the "Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvveeeeeeee you met Rii?" with consummate ease and amazing delivery.

As an aside, I only just realised that the verb and adjective versions of consummate can be used in a sentence and mean two different things: "We quickly decided to consummate with consummate ease". TIL.
Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:36:19 pm by Arseynimz

Reply #4 Posted: April 17, 2014, 01:34:36 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

"Hey there, do you know what the longest bone in your body is?"

"Is it the Femur"

"Yes! Oh, hey, btw, this is my mate, his name is Femur".

Reply #5 Posted: April 17, 2014, 01:39:14 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
hahaha, I need to see vids of using classic pick up lines

Reply #6 Posted: April 17, 2014, 04:07:39 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Much motorsports:
- China F1
- WEC 6hrs of Silverstone
- Get better at Assetto Corsa

Plus the usual drinking, consumption of foods that used to be animals.

And probably get my media pc running properly

Reply #7 Posted: April 17, 2014, 05:29:40 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Working on my car. And then hopefully working on my other car. All while trying to attend all the different things that seem to be happening this weekend.

Reply #8 Posted: April 17, 2014, 05:31:43 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
1) Make media server stream live tv / recorded sky programs to iphone/laptop over the interwebs (done this afternoon)
2) Dyndns is shutting down its free service, screw them, make my own Dyndns service with a similar API so routers can still update it.
3) Chainsaw + Garden(more like forest) = Funtimes

And there's probably more..

Reply #9 Posted: April 17, 2014, 06:02:09 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
A bit more work on this project: http://www.getsome.co.nz/index.php?topic=86913.0

Hint Hint!

Reply #10 Posted: April 18, 2014, 06:18:51 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Go somewhere.

Tried to go to Hungary, 400 pounds.
Tried to go to Ireland, 400 pounds.

Much motorsports:
- China F1
- Get better at Assetto Corsa

Plus the usual drinking, consumption of foods that used to be animals.

And probably get my media pc running properly

Might try to go to Silverstone.

Reply #11 Posted: April 18, 2014, 10:56:24 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
ps, everyone listing media pc setup
over gaming
it's a sign of the times.

The "we're getting old" times :<

Reply #12 Posted: April 18, 2014, 10:57:24 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
really want to transfer the MPC to its new case but having helped the Mrs with a couple of 1 am starts i just cant be arsed.

spent a few hours on the end of the 562XP helping a farmer with storm damaged trees

Reply #13 Posted: April 19, 2014, 07:42:31 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
start packing house for move in 13 days!!!
pay for tv and pick it up
go to new house and measure for curtains/blinds
drink saffron gin while crusaders teach the chiefs a lesson

Reply #14 Posted: April 19, 2014, 09:32:16 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
Updated the drives in my VM Host - two drives, turned in to three (seriously, FML)... Have had to reinstall FreeNAS on though which is fine except for the fact I'll have to set up rsync crap all over again.

On to Media Centre stuff today!

Reply #15 Posted: April 19, 2014, 10:19:59 am

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
Installed 35 new LED Down lights through the house replacing shitty old baton holders. Cheaper Power consumption and 50 times the light, winrar :) (helps being a sparky)

Fixed up MediaPC with utorrent webui, to be able to get downloads going faster, without being physically at the mediapc. much success :D

Running network cables through ceiling rather than across the floors, no more accidentally tripping on cables and pulling the switch off the shelf lol

And various other House fixes.

Oh And farming Diablo 3. Just so I don't fall under the "getting old" category

Reply #16 Posted: April 19, 2014, 12:22:05 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Nev sounds like he had an awesome day getting covered in insulation batts. Glass fibers are so good for your lungs, eyes and skin!

Reply #17 Posted: April 19, 2014, 01:42:46 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I planned to seal up the windows in my study and the bedroom.

Got the sealing done, but backed down on the plastic double glazing. Couldn't find a cost effective system

Reply #18 Posted: April 19, 2014, 05:14:14 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
Nev sounds like he had an awesome day getting covered in insulation batts. Glass fibers are so good for your lungs, eyes and skin!

Still fucking itchy......

Reply #19 Posted: April 19, 2014, 05:57:00 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Thanks to Jonty for the best sleep I've had in months.

No not like that you pervs.

Much motorsports:

Thought "fuck it", went to this.
In the last 48 hours I've been further and seen more than everyone else. I even went to Rugby, but then a minute later left, because fuck that, there are fast cars to see.

Here are some full race spec Ferrari's going at it at full noise.

The make your ears go like bottoming out speakers. The noise is so intense (especially 20m from track) that even with earplugs it feels like the noise just goes straight through your head and moves your eardrum from the other side xD

The circle is me.
Lying on the grass, face up, sound asleep.
Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 02:36:39 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #20 Posted: April 21, 2014, 02:34:19 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

The circle is me.
Lying on the grass, face up, sound asleep.

I've done that, slept at the entry to my pit garage....

I want to take like a caravan when I race, park under the trees by the food wagon. I can put a cuppa on, turn the radio on newstalk ZB and have a kip on a stretcher between races under the trees. sublime.

Reply #21 Posted: April 22, 2014, 12:54:50 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

I had commentary radio in my hear via headphones, too.
Semi-monotone voices probably helped me along.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhqTNpbRKDA
Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:02:45 am by Pyromanik

Reply #22 Posted: April 22, 2014, 06:00:32 am

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
This.

Reply #23 Posted: April 22, 2014, 09:01:31 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
What you got lined up?

I'm optimistically going to try to:

1. Replace two dying drives on my VM Host.
2. Program the Media Centre PC's in the house (we have two) so that everything automates for Plex and the remotes are set up correctly.
3. Set up remote connectivity for all the PC's in the house via Teamviewer and VNC.
4. Set up back ups again on my PC and across my two NAS's.
5. Start to replace the speaker surrounds on my home theatre speakers (the foam edging has gone on them all, and I only just got them back from the ex, and found them in total dire need of fixing - probably why she wanted to give them back to me lol).

2 out of 5 done.

I half finished programming the Media Remotes, and the Plex clients are all updated and set up without issue - so almost done on that too. And I did remote connectivity to one of the two PC's, just have to do the main one in the lounge.

Reply #24 Posted: April 22, 2014, 04:00:57 pm