Topic: Logitech G500s: Avoid like the plague

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
So I got given one of these mice for my birthday (early March) and it took me less than a day to work out what an utter pile of shit it was compared to my old trust G9x.

Grump list:
Shape, could just not get used to it.
High pitched whine, damn cheap caps. (A quick net search shows this is a well known issue and all due to cost cutting.)

So back to my trusty G9x I went and into the bottom draw of my filing cabinet went the G500s.
Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:15:07 pm by ArtanisNZ

Posted: April 25, 2014, 12:16:04 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Heh, I bought a g500s because of the shape (my first gaming mouse was a MX518). Shapes something  that is subjective in the end. As for the whine, never noticed it till you pointed it out. Had to put it to my ear to hear it though.

Overall I have no complaints about the mouse, feels better that the Imperator I had previously.

Reply #1 Posted: April 25, 2014, 01:33:38 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
Its amazing after 7-8 years I'm still using my G5, I used the razer naga for a while when I was playing WoW, but then came back to my g5 after realising how comfy it was sitting in my hand. Shape is everything in the long run.

Reply #2 Posted: April 25, 2014, 10:37:51 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
My G9x is slowly dying, and i will cry when it does.

Reply #3 Posted: April 25, 2014, 10:14:00 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
My G9x is slowly dying, and i will cry when it does.
Would pay to see this.

Reply #4 Posted: April 26, 2014, 01:15:24 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline RightHandOnly

• Just settled in
  • RightHandOnly has no influence.
g700 rocks my world

Reply #5 Posted: April 26, 2014, 03:16:20 pm
With Age comes Wisdom and Skill.......I have all 3.

I\'m so Leet , I d

Codex

Haven't got these issues with my g500 (Non s)

Hopefully mine doesn't die :S doesn't sound good

Reply #6 Posted: April 28, 2014, 02:31:05 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
G500 is my mouse.

I lubs my mouse

it fits my hand like a snug bug in a rug

I hope my g500 never dies

I will be sad face

- Ode to my Mouse

By The Demon Lord

Reply #7 Posted: April 29, 2014, 12:56:17 pm

Codex

G500 is my mouse.

I lubs my mouse

it fits my hand like a snug bug in a rug

I hope my g500 never dies

I will be sad face

- Ode to my Mouse

By The Demon Lord
Brought a tear to my eye

Reply #8 Posted: April 29, 2014, 01:25:02 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
A mouse that whines? Give it some cheese then.

No but serious, have one and love the shit out of it. Hear noise from mouse at all.

Although I've noticed an S in the title, I don't have this. I have an early version, they must be different.

THEY DON'T MAKE THEM LIKE THEY USED TO...

Reply #9 Posted: April 30, 2014, 06:37:42 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
It seems the Cap whine is isolated to the S version.

I too have the original G500, no issues here.

I see that there is also a G502 hitting the market, HMMM.

Reply #10 Posted: April 30, 2014, 04:47:27 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Green used to mean banned.
You confuse me every time Xeno.

Reply #11 Posted: May 02, 2014, 07:37:17 am

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
I use a g500, had it for 3 years. No real issues, only it's a bit worn where my pinky should go, so the texture of the plastic feels more slippery in some places. Mabye my hands fucked it up

Reply #12 Posted: May 02, 2014, 11:43:13 am

Offline Xenolightning

You confuse me every time Xeno.
Sexually?

Reply #13 Posted: May 02, 2014, 12:11:50 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #14 Posted: May 03, 2014, 11:30:25 am

Offline philo-sofa

• Addicted
  • philo-sofa barely matters.philo-sofa barely matters.
Thank you for making me put my mouse to my ear and for my having heard it squeal.

TBH my G500 is completely inaudible when not being used as an impromptu earmuff, but it is shameful that some are apparently noticable. Otherwise I'd say it's a pretty primo piece of kit (unlike my POS G19).
Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:11:40 am by philo-sofa

Reply #15 Posted: May 10, 2014, 06:09:29 am

Offline Pyromanik

Thank you for making me put my mouse to my ear and for my having heard it squeal.

TBH my G500 is completely inaudible when not being used as an impromptu earmuff, but it is shameful that some are apparently noticable. Otherwise I'd say it's a pretty primo piece of kit (unlike my POS G19).

Yeah but is it 500 or 500 ESSSSSSSqueealy?

Reply #16 Posted: May 10, 2014, 07:29:13 am

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.
Had a couple of G500's myself. Still have one I use periodically on the laptop. Now days I prefer the lavish feel of a razer naga.

Reply #17 Posted: May 20, 2014, 10:25:56 am
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline philo-sofa

• Addicted
  • philo-sofa barely matters.philo-sofa barely matters.

Yeah but is it 500 or 500 ESSSSSSSqueealy?
Aaaaaaaaand the pluralisation cage-fight has a surprise entry... yeah sorry pyro I though you meant to avoid 'gee five hundreds'  >:(

Reply #18 Posted: May 29, 2014, 07:42:22 am

Offline Pyromanik

Nah, I have gee five hundred (full stop). No noise, love the shit out of it.
Frictionless scroll so the bomb.
Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:12:52 am by Pyromanik

Reply #19 Posted: May 29, 2014, 08:10:54 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
So, Logitech gave me a G502 Proteus Core to try out. I'm not going to even be bias and say I am really impressed with it. All the gimmicky stuff aside, it's a solid mouse - worth an in store try out if you are looking for a mouse. Don't be put off by previous G50X experiences!

Reply #20 Posted: May 29, 2014, 09:55:37 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Pyromanik

Cool named mouse.
Might give it a feel up.

Reply #21 Posted: May 29, 2014, 10:07:30 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I got a G500s recently to replace my broken down G9. Apart from the difference in shape, which I got used to fairly quickly, I haven't had any problems with it. Good mouse for me.

Reply #22 Posted: May 29, 2014, 10:56:48 am

Offline Pyromanik

Apparently you should get your ears checked old man xD

Reply #23 Posted: May 30, 2014, 06:29:48 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
What's that, sonny? Speak up.

Reply #24 Posted: May 30, 2014, 10:46:17 am