Topic: Shipping from Chch to AKL

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Hey dudes,

I'm looking to ship a Mac Pro from Chch to Auckland - it's obviously a weighty beast, and the guy I'm buying it from is looking to charge me $115 for shipping...

Anyone have any suggestions on a shipping service that won't cost a return airfare?

Posted: June 10, 2014, 12:25:25 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
What we need is a Getsome delivery network, drop it off to someone the next town over, then they in turn will deliver it to the next town.

We will be able to send stuff all over New Zealand for almost free, and it will only show up a few weeks late, unless some bugger decides to keep it.

I can do the Hamilton to Auckland leg.

Reply #1 Posted: June 10, 2014, 12:48:59 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Hahaha, so true - I may have found an option though. We have interisland freight deals at work that will make it pretty easy assuming the dude selling it is willing to drop it off...

Reply #2 Posted: June 10, 2014, 12:51:22 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
Just don't tell the courier that its has a lithium battery in it.. or you can double the price in no time, they now class them as a hazardous item. So if you shipping the likes of a cellphone make sure you take the battery out first and package it separately from the device.

What you could do is ring up some couriers and arrange for your own pick and delivery and get the costing from them directly.. if you know the weight and dimensions.

Reply #3 Posted: June 10, 2014, 05:06:48 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I dont know if it works for your sutuation, but I used pass the parcel and set up their address as the pickup point and my address as the delivery address. All you need is the box dimensions and get them to print out the postage label, as you are paying the bill you know exactly what the postage costs, and they pick up from any old street address. Worked for me when I bought some stuff off trademe and the seller would not post as it was too bulky and would only let me buy it if I arranged the delivery.

If you know what it weighs and dimensions it will give you a quote.

Also of note, it was my first and only time I did that and I had to create an account, but was easy. Cheaper by heaps that going direct through some other courier companies which I tried first.

Reply #4 Posted: June 10, 2014, 07:08:07 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)