Topic: It's LAN time...!

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!

Hey all,

So in the background of this fair site, we've been working away. It may look like a static site of just a forum, but changes and implementations are afoot, and we're trying our best to re-establish thew gaming communities in NZ with a home they can all congregate to - as big of a task as that may seem.

As a reminder, the 5 directors of Get Some Ltd are myself, Craigor, DV, osiRiS, and prolax, and we've all worked together for a decent amount of time to know how each other works, what our strengths are, and what our crossover is. I mainly look after the general project dealings, Craigor & DV look after all the servers hardware & base set ups, as well as the web sites, prolax does all the design and prettiness, as well as the site look and feel, and osiRiS makes sure the forums, and game servers are sorted.

I'm really pleased to finally be able to say that we're working alongside Digital NatioNZ and in conjunction with the September 28 and 29 expo we'll be hosting a LAN. This will be a combination of a pro competitive event, and a full social set up and will be at Vector Arena, overlooking the Digital NatioNZ and Gadget, Gizmos & Technology Show.

This has been announced today, and given the weekend just gone would have marked the typical time that we would have seen a major LAN event, it's party time for sure. We're really pleased to be able to be involved, and hopefully be ready to bring some gaming awesome back to these shores in a fully competitive event alongside a social atmosphere, but just as importantly, inside a fully tricked out expo! It's been three years since we ran our last event, and this next one is the revival of good things to come.

So, what next!?
Tickets for the show will be available next month, and although this is quite late in the piece for the LAN event, we're working on our side of things for registration and the likes to ensure we know who's going to come, and what games will be getting the most support.

We're hoping to update the site at the end of the month with some changes including a few customised bits & pieces. We hope you'll support both these changes, and the upcoming event which is only 10 weeks away, and will be all sorts of amazing at the same time.

Questions!?
Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:37:25 pm by prolax

Posted: July 16, 2014, 10:30:33 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
GG

Reply #1 Posted: July 16, 2014, 10:37:54 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Awesome - since it is at vector - can I show up with my Rig, get on the Piss with fellow GS members and then pass out over my keyboard and wake up and do it all again?

Mroe Details pls

Reply #2 Posted: July 16, 2014, 10:52:58 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I wish I were there :<

Reply #3 Posted: July 16, 2014, 11:10:03 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Arsey,

You forgot my name in the second paragraph. I'm Senior Pro Officer Lieutenant Master Chief of GetSome inc.

Also

FUCKING BOOKING TIME OFF. SO DOING THIS. I AM SO RIGID YOU COULD PLANK ON THE END OF MY PLANK.

If any out of towners are going, come at me, I'll be driving up from Palmy. Also, need to organise accom.

Would be keen on offering help in some way :)

EDIT: I might even be keen on going backwards into Welly to pick up a dude.
Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:34:56 pm by Retardobot

Reply #4 Posted: July 16, 2014, 11:13:39 am

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
............... Dang it! Keen enough that I would fly over from Perth as the lure of leeching "freeware" & retardo' attendance is strong. But I will be PNG or West Papua :(

Reply #5 Posted: July 16, 2014, 02:33:34 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Nothing wrong with going backwards to get the D

Reply #6 Posted: July 16, 2014, 02:52:02 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Nothing wrong with going backwards to get the D

mmmmmm loopback

Reply #7 Posted: July 16, 2014, 02:55:06 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Geographical reacharound.

Reply #8 Posted: July 16, 2014, 03:30:33 pm

Offline prolax

• Administrator
  • prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...
pa-choo pa-choo, keen as

what games are people playing competitive these days anyway?

Reply #9 Posted: July 16, 2014, 03:48:17 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

THREADS MUST BE MADE.

Reply #10 Posted: July 16, 2014, 03:52:52 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Arsey,

You forgot my name in the second paragraph. I'm Senior Pro Officer Lieutenant Master Chief of GetSome inc.

Also

FUCKING BOOKING TIME OFF. SO DOING THIS. I AM SO RIGID YOU COULD PLANK ON THE END OF MY PLANK.

If any out of towners are going, come at me, I'll be driving up from Palmy. Also, need to organise accom.

Would be keen on offering help in some way :)

Will probably head up from welly, so we can bunk together on a single mattress and conserve body heat.

As for games, I'd like:
- Battlefield 4
- Heroes of the Storm
- Hearthstone
- Starcraft 2
- Grid - or another aweseomesauce driving game. Trackmania?
- A fighting game of some description

Reply #11 Posted: July 16, 2014, 03:54:51 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline sgt_munter

• Just settled in
  • sgt_munter has no influence.
god this sounds awesome

Reply #12 Posted: July 16, 2014, 03:55:44 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm keen for:

CS:GO (will be a good excuse to actually buy the game).
BF 4 (will be a good excuse to actually buy the game).

Reply #13 Posted: July 16, 2014, 03:57:04 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
CS:GO would go down well.

Reply #14 Posted: July 16, 2014, 04:06:35 pm

Offline Lythieus

• I Posted!
  • Lythieus has no influence.
Omg I will be there with my monster rig. Gimme a spot by Munter :p

Reply #15 Posted: July 16, 2014, 04:20:13 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Keen... but I really can't be fucked taking a rig n shit up. Anyone give me their rig for the weekend?

Reply #16 Posted: July 16, 2014, 04:38:34 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
WTB: Games that are worthy

Keen to use this as an ingress meet up :D

Reply #17 Posted: July 16, 2014, 04:56:11 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
This sounds amazeballs

Reply #18 Posted: July 16, 2014, 05:03:45 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Rii, I have long dreamed of you picking me up and taking me to a LAN. PS, we could make it an extra long weekend and Ingress on the way up, if you know what I mean...

Reply #19 Posted: July 16, 2014, 05:05:44 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
this is starting to sound like a plan..............

Meet in wellington and go from there. Would be good to get a road trip in as well...

Reply #20 Posted: July 16, 2014, 05:09:39 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

this is starting to sound like a plan..............

Meet in wellington and go from there. Would be good to get a road trip in as well...

Rii, I have long dreamed of you picking me up and taking me to a LAN. PS, we could make it an extra long weekend and Ingress on the way up, if you know what I mean...

The words you both speak have made me happy in my heart.

Reply #21 Posted: July 16, 2014, 05:39:01 pm

Offline skippy

• Just settled in
  • skippy has no influence.
oh s**t

Nimmo what have you done!?

Reply #22 Posted: July 16, 2014, 07:57:14 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
oh s**t

Reply #23 Posted: July 16, 2014, 08:33:46 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
oh s**t

SKIPPY!

SKKIPPPYYY!!!

Hes a kangaroo don't you know?

Reply #24 Posted: July 16, 2014, 08:43:07 pm