Topic: issue with lacks of admins on tf2 servers

Offline hunterdelta

• I Posted!
  • hunterdelta has no influence.
Issues with a lack of admins on hale servers
I  have often noted that there is a lack of any admins on the hale servers this may be a cause of the reduction in popularity in hale mode as admin and admin like players work to hold servers together by promoting a safe and positive atmosphere that most tf2 players crave considering that phunphace derpy egg  majestic and even hoboneer have not been on hale servers in a long time this is perhaps due to  their fading interest in hale in propose that we get some new admins to manage this server people like crispy Jew and derpy (underage but still a good candidate ) or epic bubbles be promoted to admin as they have shown there commitment time and time again to the get some community acting already in the interests of the server in have often observed them helping newer players get used to the game stopping flame wars and other negativity on the server making the server a safe place. Generally acting as an admin should this is not so much a promotion of these players in particular but a complaint that the hale servers have been neglected too much in these resent times even when the server maintains it’s high and loyal player base

Perhaps you would heed this request and we may yet again have a well-managed server happy safe server that everybody can enjoy.

Posted: January 14, 2016, 05:20:20 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
We have way too many servers to always have active admins logged in on the servers all the time, but someone is almost always available on Steam.

Reply #1 Posted: January 14, 2016, 05:51:47 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
It's possible. We are going to have a discussion about admins at our next meeting, at the end of this month. so this post will get a mention. cheers.

Reply #2 Posted: January 14, 2016, 05:52:38 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
We have way too many servers to always have active admins logged in on the servers all the time, but someone is almost always available on Steam.

On this note, if you require an admin while in a server, type /report in chat and follow the menu through. Most of the time, we are available and grab it, sometimes we are not, but see it eventually.
When you make a report, we get detailed information required, as well as the report gets pushed to admins currently in all tf2 servers related to getsome.

Reply #3 Posted: January 14, 2016, 06:04:04 pm

Offline hunterdelta

• I Posted!

On this note, if you require an admin while in a server, type /report in chat and follow the menu through. Most of the time, we are available and grab it, sometimes we are not, but see it eventually.
When you make a report, we get detailed information required, as well as the report gets pushed to admins currently in all tf2 servers related to getsome.

this method is often not very effective with dealing with rule breakers due to the lack of admins avalible to respond to these requests sent be large groups of people complaing about rule breaking i.e. fake afk  or other misdemeanour's that occur on a regular basis

Reply #4 Posted: January 14, 2016, 09:33:56 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
You do have to remember that people have jobs/school/uni and admin is not a payed job, Getsome does have active admins but they can't be on all the time. :/

Reply #5 Posted: January 14, 2016, 10:31:48 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
You do have to remember that people have jobs/school/uni and admin is not a payed job, Getsome does have active admins but they can't be on all the time. :/

This..

If you want more admins, find more _quality_ admin applicants. And generally that is going to be level headed, 20+ year olds.. who strangely enough have jobs, families, uni, etc.

Reply #6 Posted: January 14, 2016, 10:48:22 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!

This..

If you want more admins, find more _quality_ admin applicants. And generally that is going to be level headed, 20+ year olds.. who strangely enough have jobs, families, uni, etc.
I don't think I've been on steam for a few weeks purely for that reason. All my gaming friends probably think I'm dead so I'll make like Lazarus of Bethany and rise again somewhere in the near future.

Reply #7 Posted: January 14, 2016, 11:35:12 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator

this method is often not very effective with dealing with rule breakers due to the lack of admins avalible to respond to these requests sent be large groups of people complaing about rule breaking i.e. fake afk  or other misdemeanour's that occur on a regular basis

Actually our system is fine and reliable. You don't see things from our side to know what we see.
We have every report on record. I think were nearly at the 4000 mark.
You need to realize that some issues dont need admin intervention.  Its just some admins may decide to intervene.
To use your example,  fake afk is not really something we need to always deal with. We have a set timer on each hale round to deal with people mucking around and wasting time.
We also see a lot of pointless reports come through.

I appreciate your concern about the lack of admins, like I said earlier,  this will be discussed.  Feel free to apply for admin if you feel we require more. 

Reply #8 Posted: January 15, 2016, 08:17:08 am

Offline hunterdelta

• I Posted!

Actually our system is fine and reliable. You don't see things from our side to know what we see.
We have every report on record. I think were nearly at the 4000 mark.
You need to realize that some issues dont need admin intervention.  Its just some admins may decide to intervene.
To use your example,  fake afk is not really something we need to always deal with. We have a set timer on each hale round to deal with people mucking around and wasting time.
We also see a lot of pointless reports come through.

I appreciate your concern about the lack of admins, like I said earlier,  this will be discussed.  Feel free to apply for admin if you feel we require more.
well i thank you for your time and explanations  i hope that these issues will be solved in the near future

Reply #9 Posted: January 15, 2016, 08:36:09 am

Offline Hoboneer

• Game Server Admin
  • Hoboneer has no influence.
Can't play cuz pc be brok :c not cuz I don't want to

Reply #10 Posted: January 19, 2016, 08:38:38 am
The real Hobo
The best Hobo

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
At least you have one, I game on laptop :/

Reply #11 Posted: January 19, 2016, 12:11:38 pm

Offline Hoboneer

• Game Server Admin
Well, I use the term pc and laptop interchangeably :P I actually use(d) a laptop which is much better than what I'm currently using right now

Reply #12 Posted: January 19, 2016, 01:13:01 pm
The real Hobo
The best Hobo

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
The only problem I have with gaming laptops is that they are really expensive and have shit battery life.

Reply #13 Posted: January 19, 2016, 09:47:56 pm

Offline Hoboneer

• Game Server Admin
Lol, 'twas not a gaming laptop, I think I got it from flybuys :)

Reply #14 Posted: January 21, 2016, 10:45:21 am
The real Hobo
The best Hobo

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
I got mine for cad programs and media editing, its basicly the same as a gaming laptop

Reply #15 Posted: January 21, 2016, 03:48:29 pm

Offline courpse

• Game Server Admin
  • courpse has no influence.
Basicly, most reports that are received from hale servers are pointless.
If its abusive, racism, mic spam and all that stuff, sure, we'll act on it.

But most of the time, "fake afk" there is nothing to do unless you want us to be sitting
here waiting to slay someone within 5 seconds of the report.

New rounds cycle, and theres no point to do anything unless we're right there.

Reply #16 Posted: January 30, 2016, 10:46:23 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
Amen

Reply #17 Posted: January 30, 2016, 12:24:47 pm

Offline Suca

• Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.
Basicly, most reports that are received from hale servers are pointless.
If its abusive, racism, mic spam and all that stuff, sure, we'll act on it.

But most of the time, "fake afk" there is nothing to do unless you want us to be sitting
here waiting to slay someone within 5 seconds of the report.

New rounds cycle, and theres no point to do anything unless we're right there.

Couldn't agree more and then get told by the players that we are 'fucking lazy admins'

Reply #18 Posted: January 30, 2016, 04:21:06 pm

Offline hunterdelta

• I Posted!
Couldn't agree more and then get told by the players that we are 'fucking lazy admins'
i dont mean to be rude as i know that you guys do work to create a better community  i was just talking about how the hale server i use were often lacking an admin this issue is already been pretty much solved with admins frequenting the server lately so thanks for taking note of my request im glad that it was not a waste of time on my part or any others

Reply #19 Posted: February 21, 2016, 12:51:45 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
I'll be honest and tell you that nothing has been changed, we are still running things the same and havent told admins to frequent servers more or anything....

Reply #20 Posted: February 21, 2016, 02:04:12 pm

Offline hunterdelta

• I Posted!
I'll be honest and tell you that nothing has been changed, we are still running things the same and havent told admins to frequent servers more or anything....
regardless of your instrucions there has been a significant rise in admins present on the server perhaps coincidence or a reaction to my post to be honest it does not really matter

Reply #21 Posted: March 17, 2016, 10:24:51 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Maybe..
We have automated many processes. 
Like I mentioned. Your post has not bought any attention to admins requiring to be in servers. Everyone had a life outside of gaming. They are not required to always be around and in game for plebs to complain and bitch to.

Reply #22 Posted: March 17, 2016, 11:24:13 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
why isn't this dead yet?

Reply #23 Posted: March 17, 2016, 12:26:11 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
why isn't this dead yet?

Find OP's address and I can arrange that.

Reply #24 Posted: March 17, 2016, 01:16:06 pm