Topic: Bad Company 2 Vietnam hosting

Offline Ringo

• I Posted!
  • Ringo has no influence.
Hey everyone,

I have been looking into hosting a BC2:Vietnam server and I've learnt about the authorized hosts and all that.. However I cant seem to find a list of these hosts. Which host is Get Some using?

I dont wanna use the Australian providers because there will be 30 additional ping.

I dont suppose you would change one of your BC2 servers to vietnam HC rush only. I just wanna have some way to pass the time during the cold winter u know :P

Any help in this matter will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Posted: May 07, 2015, 09:00:33 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Which host is Get Some using?

iHug

Reply #1 Posted: May 07, 2015, 09:24:35 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Hi Ringo,

Get Some Ltd is the authorized host for BC2 in New Zealand

We would be happy to discuss changing one of our servers, or provisioning a third, if it would attract more players

How do you think it would work?

(I received your e-mail also, but will just reply here for now to keep the conversation in one place)

Reply #2 Posted: May 07, 2015, 10:44:33 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Do some people still play BC2? *reinstalls*

Reply #3 Posted: May 07, 2015, 12:12:22 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Ringo

• I Posted!
Very good Craigor. Thank you for a quick answer. And yes, lets ignore the Email.

I will move from Russell to Invercargill on the 18th this month. I will try to make some friends there and gather a group of players. If it all pans out well, I'll spend a huge amount of my spare time  on the server, making effort to get a nice and friendly game going. I am trying to find a good way to save a lot of money during the winter months but still have a lot of fun. Being from Stockholm(about 5k from Dice main office^^), I know how to spend winter months in front of the computer xD

As for you Doc, people do play BC2, for classic there are a few australian servers that get full. For vietnam, which I prefer, you'd go on 230 ping servers, American i suppose. They get full aswell. Not as many players as in classic. But I like the whole idea of it being a tight community where you compete against the same players over and over again, but still see new players every session.

f you got some mates and you all like BC2/BC2:vietnam, we could all get it going again. Its such a shame that games nowdays have such a short life span, lets get it back on. Too many good games are forgotten, "Vietcong" for instance, a great game indeed.

Lets keep in touch and I will do some research in Invercargill.

Cheers fellas!

Reply #4 Posted: May 07, 2015, 07:04:22 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Never enjoyed Vietnam that much, but I still miss the classic.

Reply #5 Posted: May 07, 2015, 07:21:03 pm

Offline Ringo

• I Posted!
Vietnam has a rare feature which no one really thinks about. A feature pretty much unique to the game in question, and Vietcong - the camouflage and hiding feature. I think it's really fun to stalk around in the bushes. I suppose we could play both games. I prefer vietnam but its good for your skills to alternate a bit between a-cog and iron-sights.

Reply #6 Posted: May 07, 2015, 07:25:07 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
good luck in invers. there are no game cafes there :p

Reply #7 Posted: May 07, 2015, 09:00:24 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Ahh well, I am by nature a run at the objective guns blazing till I die kinda guy. Never been much for sneaking around

Reply #8 Posted: May 07, 2015, 09:14:51 pm

Offline Ringo

• I Posted!
good luck in invers. there are no game cafes there :p
Dont need no it cafes. House LANs or ventrilo will do. We will make the best of the situation :D

Reply #9 Posted: May 07, 2015, 09:37:29 pm

Offline Ringo

• I Posted!
Right so I just settled into my room in Invercargill. Turns out the guy I'm living with doesnt have any internet connection set up. Fair enough. U guys r kiwis, got any suggestions of good ISPs? Im from the other side of the world, remember?
I'm looking at MyRepublic atm. Any comments on them?
Cheers!

Reply #10 Posted: May 19, 2015, 03:48:47 pm