Topic: FireFall Co-Op, team-based action shooter / FREE with a slight MMO element!

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
Beta sign ups available:

http://www.firefallthegame.com

Earth will never be the same. After the Crystite Wars, humanity inadvertently invited the worst enemy ever conceived: THE MELDING. It surrounds us. It forces us to live in pockets of land protected only by the accidental discovery of repulsor technology. We continue to fight for land. For technology. For power. For our very survival. JOIN THE FIGHT.

FIREFALL is a team-based action shooter. Join your friends in an epic online campaign across a vast open world to stop the Melding and fight for the survival of humanity against the army of the Chosen. Advance your army and character through technological upgrades. Level up different character classes. Compete for supremacy in various multiplayer game types. Push back the Melding. SAVE EARTH

Cinematic Trailer:

Gameplay Video:

Twitter link: http://twitter.com/red5studios

The dev team worked on tribes. :D Can't wait for the beta.

Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:11:11 pm
Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz OC | ASUS P7P55D Pro | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 980 SLI | 860W PSU | Lian-Li DragonLord Case K62B | ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound h4x |

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Looks really similar to Borderlands.

Might have to investigate.

Reply #1 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:29:07 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Yea this looks good. Reminds me of alien swarm, except third person view.

Reply #2 Posted: September 06, 2010, 04:49:34 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
  • Spoonguard has no influence.
uuuuungh, third person shooter? I think I will pass.

Reply #3 Posted: September 06, 2010, 05:54:52 pm
        and nothing of value was lost.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Looks like you can switch to first person... Watch the gameplay walkthrough and jump to 2:05

Reply #4 Posted: September 06, 2010, 08:53:21 pm

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
Gameplay video is nice and the world looks very big.

Reply #5 Posted: September 06, 2010, 09:19:08 pm
Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz OC | ASUS P7P55D Pro | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 980 SLI | 860W PSU | Lian-Li DragonLord Case K62B | ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound h4x |

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Looks too MMO'y for my taste.

Reply #6 Posted: September 06, 2010, 09:31:26 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline gliss

• Just settled in
  • gliss has no influence.

Earth will never be the same. After the Crystite Wars, humanity inadvertently invited the worst enemy ever conceived: THE MELDING. It surrounds us. It forces us to live in pockets of land protected only by the accidental discovery of repulsor technology. We continue to fight for land. For technology. For power. For our very survival. JOIN THE FIGHT.

FIREFALL is a team-based action shooter. Join your friends in an epic online campaign across a vast open world to stop the Melding and fight for the survival of humanity against the army of the Chosen. Advance your army and character through technological upgrades. Level up different character classes. Compete for supremacy in various multiplayer game types. Push back the Melding. SAVE EARTH

Check out there site at http://www.firefallthegame.com game looks really promising. ANZ community thread http://www.firefallthegame.com/forums/showthread.php?286-ANZ-Team

Videos
[video]I-CdQmxH96M[/video]
[video]DhiJtotZNWk[/video]

Add me as a friend on the forums 'gliss'

Reply #7 Posted: September 08, 2010, 06:08:43 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
  • Spoonguard has no influence.
No promises though! It's got a "Global Release", but they don't seem to know at this stage if that means server locations beyond the US/EU...

Reply #8 Posted: September 08, 2010, 06:51:31 pm
        and nothing of value was lost.

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...

Reply #9 Posted: September 08, 2010, 06:54:52 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: BeNZene;1307933
Any reason not to merge this with the other thread?
http://forums.getsome.co.nz/index.php/topic,75228.0.html

Do it hetrosexual person

Reply #10 Posted: September 08, 2010, 07:13:11 pm

Offline gliss

• Just settled in
  • gliss has no influence.
Oww my bad need to learn to use the search button

Reply #11 Posted: September 08, 2010, 07:31:01 pm

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
http://www.firefallthegame.com/home

from email:

THE WAIT IS OVER... LET'S DO THIS:

Raise your hand if you want beta! Okay, you can all put your hands down now. We know everyone is very excited about getting their hands on the game, and the tribe at Red 5 is proud to announce that beta invites started going out Friday, September 2nd, 2011. We've released 500 invites for a preliminary test taking place in two weeks.

Keep in mind that our beta will be a staged process. Registered members have been chosen to participate in Closed Beta: Stage 1. Our selection is partially based on positive community member activity, and partially at random.

Over the next 2 weeks many more lucky people will be invited to subsequent rounds of our closed beta. Additionally, those invited will receive an invite themselves to pass out to their friends. Look for your email invitation and please know that if you have not received one yet, it's likely to land in your inbox soon!

Know someone who is not signed up for the Beta? Well, what are you waiting for...? Forward or share this info through your favorite social media channels so you can bring your crew to Copacabana.

PASS IT ON so your friends can SIGN UP TODAY!  (https://beta.firefallthegame.com/accounts/new)

http://firefallthegame.com/blog/2011/08/31/firefall-beta-update
Firefall Beta Update
by Matt DeWald August 31, 2011

For the past two months, the Red 5 team has been hard at work preparing for the launch of our beta while at the same time travelling the world spreading the word of Firefall. We stated in previous posts that the beta would begin shortly after PAX Prime.

Well, PAX Prime is over. The current plan is that by the end of this week, we will begin sending out invites to participate in the upcoming scheduled beta tests. I wanted to take some time to clarify a few things that I’ve seen come up on the forums, on twitter, and on other websites regarding the Firefall beta.

Those of you that signed up at PAX, GamesCom, or any other event we have done, have the same chance to get into the beta as those that signed up on our website. Date of registration or number of posts will not have any impact on your chances. We still need to merge the database of all those that signed up at PAX, so expect to see an e-mail to confirm your account in the next day or two. Those of you that registered at GamesCom should have received your e-mail verification already. If you haven’t, please register on the website.

Our initial invite wave will be very small. I will announce on the forums once the first wave of invites has been sent out so that you know when to check your e-mail. After you receive an invite, you will need to follow some additional steps to be included in the beta. More information will be provided to those invited.

This is a very exciting time for all of us at Red 5. While we have been beta testing with our Friends & Family for multiple months now, we are now ready to expand the beta and start getting feedback from all of you. Thank you for being a part of the Firefall community and welcome to the next phase.

Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:27:30 am by =C=

Reply #12 Posted: September 08, 2011, 11:22:57 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Didn't get a beta key.

Keen if someone does as they can pass out invites as well.

Reply #13 Posted: September 08, 2011, 11:40:35 am

Offline Emrico1

"Please check your inbox for a verification email.  If you do not see one, be sure to check your Junk"

Checking... Still there.

Reply #14 Posted: September 08, 2011, 11:48:51 am

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
pass me an invite as well if you have the extra please.

much love <3

Reply #15 Posted: September 08, 2011, 11:50:56 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Emrico1;1419208
"Please check your inbox for a verification email.  If you do not see one, be sure to check your Junk"

Checking... Still there.

I check mine daily and I haven't even applied for the beta.

Although, I am interested to see how this game turns out, so if someone gets a spare invite, I'd be grateful if they send it to me.

Reply #16 Posted: September 08, 2011, 11:58:25 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Not sure if the beta just went open or I got an invite.

But I just got an email giving me beta access.

Reply #18 Posted: August 25, 2012, 11:17:00 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I did apply a while ago and haven't got an invite yet, so maybe you got lucky.

Reply #19 Posted: August 26, 2012, 12:17:53 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

LOVE. THIS. GAME.

Not very polished being a beta. Servers are stressed to Africa but shit, I love the environment and graphics.

Anyone else in the beta?

Reply #20 Posted: August 26, 2012, 05:28:39 pm

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
no :(

*EDIT* woops looks like i got an email. good to go :) downloading it now
Carry me?
Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:59:41 pm by hoodieblanket

Reply #21 Posted: August 26, 2012, 08:51:44 pm

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
Also i have an invite to give out. GetSome-bros only :)

Reply #22 Posted: August 26, 2012, 09:27:18 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I also have one invite.

GetSome ball-gaggers only.

Reply #23 Posted: August 27, 2012, 08:43:17 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
I would ask for one, but I probably won't get much use out of it at the moment, with Guild Wars 2 taking up my time. I would be happy to take one for future use (if it doesn't have a limited time) if no one else wants them.

Reply #24 Posted: August 27, 2012, 11:56:17 am