Topic: Anime General Thread

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1480112
Dragonball was a whole lot of fun..

Yes.

Reply #50 Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:22:53 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
Hahaha I remember I downloaded that little clip agesssssssssssss ago, on my old pc, on dial up.

Honestly I only like dbz because it was the best cartoon back in the day (when I was 5-10), to me it is just nostalgic

Reply #51 Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:59:26 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
  • Oddball has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1479851
Ranma ½

_b

I'm watching first episode.

I am very confused.

In a sexual way.

I also really enjoyed the first episode but never very sure if I'm allowed to fap or not.
Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:42:07 am by Oddball

Reply #52 Posted: April 12, 2012, 03:34:18 am
A testament to my ICONZ Legacy: http://i.imgur.com/z1qGsZ3.png
Retired warden of the getsome concentration camp for stupid people.

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Pyromanik;1466183
You're not watching anime, you're watching ear rape.

I have to disagree with you here :P

If I'm watching something like bleach for example I wouldn't even bother if there was no dub, I want to watch the show not read the subtitles, it really annoys me - might as well read a book with flashing lights. Going back and forth between what they say and the actual image gives me a headache and that aint why I watch anime :P

Also, japanese voice actors are terrible - everytime someone offends their honor they half scream as if they're cumming, and their honor, or something along those lines, seems to get offended so much that the show is just like one japanese guy blowing his load for hours and hours. That's what I call ear rape >.>

I like anime just as much as the next guy, it's rather silly how people think they're a bigger fan for watching original japanese versions, really it's all got downsides, and I pick the one thats easier on me, after all I watch it for enjoyment.

But I'm sure someone will get all righteous on me regardless, oh well, so be it.

Reply #53 Posted: April 12, 2012, 06:03:54 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Oddball;1480142
Also, japanese voice actors are terrible - everytime someone offends their honor they half scream as if they're cumming, and their honor, or something along those lines, seems to get offended so much that the show is just like one japanese guy blowing his load for hours and hours. That's what I call ear rape >.>

That's the style, it's how it's done. You'll get crappy ones like any others profession, they're not all good. However to blanket them all as terrible is not fair.

Mrs. showed me Ranma. It's OK to be confused. It's how it is so popular. Just embrace it.

Reply #54 Posted: April 12, 2012, 05:54:35 pm

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
another messed up one is FLCL. same kind of randomness and amazingly weird.

i dont understand why some people feel so weird towards subbed anime. I enjoy it because the native tongue and emotions expressed goes well with the content of the anime which is very japanese in itself. It's like watching "The Raid" or "Old Boy" in english dub where the voiceovers are terribly done and simply don't express the culture which surrounds the film. majority of the jokes, expressions and the feel of the content can only be truely expressed in the native language.

each to their own, if you like dub thats all good. but to say all voice actors that are japanese is a bit silly

Reply #55 Posted: April 12, 2012, 06:12:08 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
FLCL.

I don't even.

Epic none-the-less.

Reply #56 Posted: April 12, 2012, 06:20:36 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
To be fair I was generalizing a bit >.>

Anywho, Ranma is a really good show.

Reply #57 Posted: April 12, 2012, 10:03:50 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

_b

Please Save My Earth.

That's a bit of a mind-job.

Reply #58 Posted: April 12, 2012, 10:40:24 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Watching Trigun atm

Huhmanahuhmanahuhmanahuhmana...

You guys are awesome :P

Reply #59 Posted: April 15, 2012, 12:12:53 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Finished trigun (was kind of putting off the last 4 eps... They were kind of a struggle to get through?)

Him not killing anyone - > Aggrivating, hahaha. It was a good anime until the very last few episodes, It was like they decided to just cram the last few eps full of any unexplained back ground story?.. heh lol.

Now onto the 3rd episode of Code Geass. Hot damn.

Edit : You guys might be wondering why I update this thread every time I finish an anime, its because I'm hoping you guys will say "I just finished so and so and it was fucking awesome"

:3

Reply #60 Posted: April 25, 2012, 02:36:10 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Finished Code Geass season 1 (Is Geass the name of the power they get? I'm just wondering because of pronunciation? I thought it was called a Kioss :P)

I'm very surprised you didn't say "If you liked death note you'll like..."

So very similar heh. Nah it was good, I would say I'm not happy with the ending butttt I have a season 2 to watch. :P

Yeah start of S2 has made me happy. Answered all the cliff hangers.

Shit I hate them cliff hangers.
Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:53:04 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #61 Posted: April 29, 2012, 11:59:38 am

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Quote from: `Kayne;1482918

I'm very surprised you didn't say "If you liked death note you'll like..."

Quote from: pyro;1455314
Code Geass - if you liked deathnote you will most likely enjoy this

:D

Reply #62 Posted: April 29, 2012, 03:03:42 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
well would you look at that O_O

Shit. I re read this whole entire thread, Just to be sure no one said that.

Shows how much of a good reader I am.

But season 2 is great :D, I don't like it when the main character goes crazy, and It seems they're normalising him a bit more. Sure it can be interesting, But all feelings i've built up around the characters just contradict.

Reply #63 Posted: April 29, 2012, 06:32:15 pm

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
thats cuz code geass is boss like that

Reply #64 Posted: April 30, 2012, 05:08:11 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Wow. 10 out of 10.

Thank you for suggesting Code Geass. The ending was perfect, Something I don't think i've seen in any Anime yet.

## spoiler is me discussing ending.. ##

Spoiler :
You watch the series, as he deceives everyone with his plans, Hidden actions placed along the whole way.
But in the end, He shows his true form, as we too, along with every character in the anime, is deceived.

Sorry for sounding like a fag. But it was simply beautiful.

I really wish he could of lived 5 minutes longer, told everyone why everything happened. Why Euffie was accidently killed, What happened with Shirley, and what he really thought of Colin. Oh well. I'll never get to see that happen, as it would ruin the whole idea of the worlds hatred being all on him.

What has made this ending perfect the most, is the fact that I wasn't happy that he was a fucking loony bent mad on power. I see that he was sane, used his power for good overall... just wow. :)
Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:37:32 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #65 Posted: April 30, 2012, 10:30:07 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Eureka Seven, Quite good :) I've got the movie, that I'm going to watch sometime soon.

Reply #66 Posted: July 01, 2012, 11:29:58 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

The movie is just a re-hash of all the episodes but with a few changes I believe - If I remember rightly. Still bloody good though.

Eureka Seven holds a special place. It's one of those rare animes that gets under my skin and has me feeling depressed and displaced after watching it.

Reply #67 Posted: July 01, 2012, 11:49:14 pm

Offline pop

• Addicted
I tried to follow it a while ago, when they aired the stuff on cartoon network. I remember some of it.

Have you seen air gear? I saw it a couple of years ago, still remember the intro in my head

Reply #68 Posted: July 02, 2012, 03:41:29 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1492206
The movie is just a re-hash of all the episodes but with a few changes I believe - If I remember rightly. Still bloody good though.

Eureka Seven holds a special place. It's one of those rare animes that gets under my skin and has me feeling depressed and displaced after watching it.

Ignore all previous writing here. It is just characters with different back stories pretty much.

Except now the Nirvash is actually a cute anime turned into the type zero some how.
Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:13:20 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #69 Posted: July 02, 2012, 12:15:31 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
The movies good. It's not as great as the series. Probably because its a movie. Def need to watch the series first.

Quite a few re used scenes (i'm not giving away any endings here, they're mostly used in different context)

Can't imagine the artist's being paid too well :P

One thing I got while watching "Constant Michael Jackson References"

Think i'll watch digimon season 1 again. That shit was awesome.

* also im currently acquiring Cowboy Bebop

Reply #70 Posted: July 02, 2012, 02:57:48 pm

Offline pop

• Addicted
only 26 eps in cowboy bebop?

Reply #71 Posted: July 05, 2012, 02:21:24 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Quote from: pop;1492743
only 26 eps in cowboy bebop?

Yeah but 8.6gb. Will give it a good go when data recap is closer

Found another which is 1.5gb + movie... First one was remastered so I guess that makes sense.
Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:03:30 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #72 Posted: July 07, 2012, 06:05:12 pm

Offline pop

• Addicted
was just confirming. Man it's awesome, finished already, going through full metal alchemist now

Reply #73 Posted: July 07, 2012, 08:47:51 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
I just got cowboy bebop. But I can't watch it, because my brothers shown me HALF a series of another awesome anime.

Deadman Wonderland.

I'm just going to say its good, No problems so far. I think its one of those things, (like Cell by Stephen King), Where if you explained a single bit of it, You'd ruin any mystery involved. You guys are just going to have to try it out based on my opinion on so far, its very good.

Contains gore, Tiny bit of nudity, wimpy protagonist that becomes good when hemad.

Also, Cell, By Stephen King. Good zombie book. Read it

Reply #74 Posted: July 07, 2012, 11:57:12 pm