Topic: I was being an a**hole

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1518288
Explains why you are still playing then

Oh hai, I'm a pretentious asshole of a fucktard....... nice weather we are having isn't it?

Reply #25 Posted: February 18, 2013, 09:00:22 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
We got a whole bunch of badasses over here.

Reply #26 Posted: February 18, 2013, 09:09:37 pm

Offline simcore

• Addicted
  • simcore has no influence.

Reply #27 Posted: February 19, 2013, 02:00:25 pm

@simcore
You Suck @ Counter-Strike

New Zealand\'s most capped WCG representative 2003-201

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: Nostargate;1518450
Oh hai, I'm a pretentious asshole of a fucktard....... nice weather we are having isn't it?

Yes, lovely isn't it.

Hope it isn't too dry on the farm.

You know  i was just being a pretentious asshole right.                               BAM for lyfe yo
Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:18:58 pm by SteddieEddie

Reply #28 Posted: February 19, 2013, 09:00:09 pm

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.

Reply #29 Posted: February 20, 2013, 06:42:47 am

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1518522
Yes, lovely isn't it.

Hope it isn't too dry on the farm.

You know  i was just being a pretentious asshole right.                               BAM for lyfe yo

It's drier than a nun's cunt on Sunday, and yes ;) also Mad has a seat free for the raodtrip to BAMLAN ....wink wink nudge nudge.

Quote from: kruz;1518536
http://www.getsome.co.nz/showthread.php?70000-Christchurch-Treehouse-of-Awesome-Where-everyone-knows-your-name-Part-2&p=1513515&viewfull=1#post1513515

Your high horse needs re-shoeing.

Rico was emulating the person of ridicule in question pertaining to the quote.
You have been eliminated from the island.
Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:54:17 pm by Nostargate

Reply #30 Posted: February 20, 2013, 01:53:18 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

My horse has a substance abuse problem OK. He got help. Stigma is half the problem.

Reply #31 Posted: February 20, 2013, 03:24:27 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
ITT, Rando 'admins' with no connect to community. 12 years old with 21 posts and wonders why can't muster any authority. Must've accidentally traded the boss hat.

Reply #32 Posted: February 21, 2013, 09:43:48 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
http://www.getsome.co.nz/showthread.php?70000-Christchurch-Treehouse-of-Awesome-Where-everyone-knows-your-name-Part-2&p=1513515&viewfull=1#post1513515

you cant throw heavy punches when your an unknown on the forums,

Ive always said as and admin you should have a presence on the forums, otherwise how the hell will you know whats banter and whats not.

buck up bronco and put as much time into the forums as your hat collecting in tf2.
Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:36:35 pm by Xsannz

Reply #33 Posted: February 22, 2013, 06:56:11 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Xsannz is actually an admin.
You can tell because it says right under his name.
Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:25:35 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #34 Posted: February 22, 2013, 10:20:55 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
He's super, thanks for asking

Reply #35 Posted: February 23, 2013, 12:41:35 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Mellcor

• Just settled in
  • Mellcor is looked down upon.
Quote from: Xsannz;1518792
you cant throw heavy punches when your and unknown on the forums,

Ive always said as and admin you should have a presence on the forums, otherwise how the hell will you know whats banter and whats not.

buck up bronco and put as much time into the forums as your hat collecting in tf2.

well as an observer you not doing a very good job at moderating this forum, otherwise there would be less comments on this post

also there is such a thing as quality over quantity, quality being the thing sorely lacking here
Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:06:41 am by Mellcor

Reply #36 Posted: February 23, 2013, 01:04:23 am
<============]\\\\[============>
                              M E L L C O R

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
with 24 posts, I don't think you are qualified to tell someone to moderate a community you don't partake in...

Reply #37 Posted: February 23, 2013, 01:30:30 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
cunts, the lot of you

Reply #38 Posted: February 23, 2013, 01:38:35 am

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
The crux of the matter is "the server has rules, break them, and there are consequences". The rest of this banter is peripheral time wasting, and achieves nothing.

How is me posting endless dribble on a forum, going to make my enforcement of server rules carry more weight?. My team has it's own forum, which we started 5+ years ago, to get away from this free for all style of message board,  where people get to spam every thread they feel like butting their nose into. The only reason this discussion is happening, is because GetSome let it happen, by allowing people like this emrico clown spam it with his dribble. What quality content did he and the other kids add to this thread with their 10k post counts?. The damn admin forum shouldn't be spammed full stop, it's like gameplanet in here now. You forum mods should be reprimanded for letting this happen, not left to preach to others how they should be part of the spamming masses, because "then they'd know what banter is". Pull your head in a bit, and see what's happening here, the freaking tail is wagging the dog. Set up some rules, and kick these post count bunnies out.

Me being an unknown on this forum, is largely due to the fact that I speak up when i think I have something worthwhile to add to a discussion, rather than just post every thought that pops into my head. I used to do stuff behind the scenes here, and was very active, helping organising comps, and providing GetSome with emails direct from the desk of Doug Lombardi himself, but do I need to shout this from the rooftops, so people know what a stand up guy I am?...... do i need to say that 4 of the GetSome admins all played in my TF2 team for a couple of years ?, and that 3 of them still access our team forum regularly?. No I don't. I can be quiet, and background, and still be very much a part of it, without spamming to get a post count badge, or to draw attention to my clever forum pictures.

Reply #39 Posted: February 23, 2013, 10:39:17 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
this thread is just starting to get interesting.

Kruz sure, you can be all chummy with the head admins and be BFF's for all i care, hell i used to think that that was all rainbows as well.

But and i do say but..  if the community doesn't know you or trust you (which is mainly due to forum presence) then your fucked when it comes to anything.

because at the end of the day the trolls and other members on here speak much much louder than you do...  NO MATTER WHAT..  i know from experience.... GetSome is not a kind teacher.

so not saying your wrong, but nobody in the community has a measure of your character if you are hidden all the time.

Respect is earned, not given just because you have admin written in front of your name..  it took many a bf3 argument to learn that one.

You don't have to post drivel, god there are enough forums to actively participate in without drivel being posted. (and i do think the word you were after is drivel, (shit talking) dribble is what babies and whinging little twats do.

I tell you what...  you go tell osiris or craig to ban Emrico / Spacemonkey or any of the others you think are causing the problem,  then see how lonely your little raft becomes... choose your battles.

we should be reprimanded.. hmm interesting concept.. i was once so eager to ban everybody...  doesnt work and you get no respect when there is nobody left on the forums and you are hated by everybody..
Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:49:46 pm by Xsannz

Reply #40 Posted: February 23, 2013, 04:46:15 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Images make it better and all of these apply.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Reply #41 Posted: February 23, 2013, 04:56:38 pm

Offline Mellcor

• Just settled in
  • Mellcor is looked down upon.
Quote from: Xsannz;1518840

But and i do say but..  if the community doesn't know you or trust you (which is mainly due to forum presence) then your $#@!ed when it comes to anything.

because at the end of the day the trolls and other members on here speak much much louder than you do...  NO MATTER WHAT..  i know from experience.... GetSome is not a kind teacher.

so not saying your wrong, but nobody in the community has a measure of your character if you are hidden all the time.

Respect is earned, not given just because you have admin written in front of your name..  it took many a bf3 argument to learn that one.

we should be reprimanded.. hmm interesting concept.. i was once so eager to ban everybody...  doesnt work and you get no respect when there is nobody left on the forums and you are hated by everybody..

Its not the loudest voice or the voice that is heard most often that gets the most respect, its the voice that speaks wisdom when its required

also as admin its not your job to be liked, its your job to keep the servers/forums tidy and free of scum, if people are openly saying that they hate you, then you are doing your job correctly

Reply #42 Posted: February 23, 2013, 05:18:37 pm
                              M E L L C O R

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: Mellcor;1518843
Its not the loudest voice or the voice that is heard most often that gets the most respect, its the voice that speaks wisdom when its required

also as admin its not your job to be liked, its your job to keep the servers/forums tidy and free of scum, if people are openly saying that they hate you, then you are doing your job correctly

I suggest you and Kruz go talk to D.V

the Community is the forum,  I know admins are not liked by everybody, but the forums are here for everybody, trolls included, and sure you can be hated by all, i have certainly tried that, but it is not the view of the head admins to do so.

There are those who get banned but as a whole the trolls that reside here are not malicious, trust me i admin more that GetSome and the trolls here are nothing.

but if you want to challenge the world by all means do it, it'll be fun to watch, I speak from experience, and  i suggest you talk to a head admin like D.V first as he will tell you the same thing.

i do keep the server free of scum - regularly -  Bf, MC, and NS2.... and even here on the forums when needed but i can tell you you cant go around banning people because they call you out and disrespect you, remember they have as much right as you and in general without them this community would die rapidly.
Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:45:52 pm by Xsannz

Reply #43 Posted: February 23, 2013, 05:39:10 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Actually Mellcor, your a server admin, not a forum admin.

Xsannz speaks truth, as he is a Moderator, making him the voice on the forums.

I suggest you add him on steam and talk about this rather than on the forums, but listen to him, his point is valid.

Any problems talk to me.

Reply #44 Posted: February 23, 2013, 05:43:22 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
Quote from: Xsannz;1518840
this thread is just starting to get interesting.

Kruz sure, you can be all chummy with the head admins and be BFF's for all i care, hell i used to think that that was all rainbows as well.

But and i do say but..  if the community doesn't know you or trust you (which is mainly due to forum presence) then your $#@!ed when it comes to anything.

You don't have to post drivel, god there are enough forums to actively participate in without drivel being posted. (and i do think the word you were after is drivel, ($#@! talking) dribble is what babies and whinging little twats do.

I tell you what...  you go tell osiris or craig to ban Emrico / Spacemonkey or any of the others you think are causing the problem,  then see how lonely your little raft becomes... choose your battles.

Point 1 -  makes no sense, doesn't seem to fit with anything I said.
Point 2 - so you are going to rip up your next speeding ticket, because you dont know the cop enforcing the rules?. Interesting concept. Should he be more involved in your community to get your respect?.
Point 3 - yes trolls speak loud, that was the point of my post, they speak too loud, and in every forum, and never shut up about it.
Point 4 - At least you are man enought to agree with me on that, maybe we are not so different.
Point 5 - refer largely to point 2. Rules are rules, and gamers breed like blowflies, the 2 guys you ban today will be replaced by 15 in another 24 hours. I don't want the respect of idiots.
Point 6 - All I see is drivel every time I come here, mainly to address ban appeals that DV links me to. What else to I have to gauge what goes on here?.
Point 7 -  I have not ever, no will ever, lean on any friendship I have with anyone in a position of authority, to carry out any personal retribution. I suggested the forum mods clean up the drivel in here, so if that cuts to the bone, then I apologise, but the facts are still there until someone does something about it.
Point 8 - I am best mates with people whom I banned off forums 8 years ago. If you slam the door on anyone you ban, and never re open it, then that's how you operate, not me. I earn respect by not comprimising the agreed rules or standards, and have found that the minute I do, the core of the community bec omes angry at the drop in standards. I am not eager to ban anyone, but rules are rules, and you cater to the majority, not to the bored children.

Anyway, this will all be come largely irrelevent soon.
Thanks for responding Xsannz, I respect you for at least fronting, even if it was to argue with me on some things. (which is expectable).

Reply #45 Posted: February 23, 2013, 05:47:52 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
I do understand what you are saying,

and in some cases yes i do agree, i would love to cull every troll out, the small truth is we all have a nature to poke fun every once in a while, otherwise we would all be serious Journalists and food critic bloggers, or lawyers.

Yes you have to be impartial, I am friends with several of the people i have had to pull into line on these forums, however i err on the case of the rules are not always so black and white,  they are a little blurry and grey at times.

in fact i dislike our entire judicial system this country runs, and cops are money gathering, revenue generating crock pots just like our government,  my philosophy in life is in my signature.

in my opinion this country and younger generation are far to fragile and bubble wrapped for my liking.

and yes we may or may not agree on everything which is why as moderators, Benzene, Zarkov, Myself tend to consult D.V or a head and  amongst ourselves on bigger decisions as it tends to lead to a better decision that making it o your own, if it's on your own then you own the outfall entirely as well.

I am happy to talk off the forums, or on steam etc, we are not here to undermine each other, and poke holes at the system, but we are here to do our bit each in our own way, and if we were not up to that task we probably wouldn't be here.

i was simply giving some small insight into the seedy forum underbelly that is our community and trying to give some pointers as to not get mauled by trolls.

Reply #46 Posted: February 23, 2013, 06:00:06 pm

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
Your replies are appreciated Xsannz. Thanks for taking the time man.

Reply #47 Posted: February 23, 2013, 06:08:02 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
in the interest of the original OP and his situation, I suggest you deal with the admins via PM for this situation.

//thread closed as its far enough off track and the trolls doth linger.

Reply #48 Posted: February 23, 2013, 06:21:46 pm