Topic: TF2 TRADE server admin application

Offline benxx9

• I Posted!
  • benxx9 has no influence.
benxx9

benxx9@gmail.com

i am a newbie admin and have had no past experience being admin on a TF2 server (have been admin on a Private minecraft server)

i think i should become an admin on tf2 trade server is that i am on it a lot and it is probably the server i play on the most in tf2. i want to become an admin because i like playing on the trade server but once in a while you get a scammer or hacker that needs taken care of but the normal admins are not on. i am a freindly and approachable person who likes to help others. my 'can do' attitude means that i will try anything to solve a problem. i think that i would be a good admin because i want! to help otyher and want to make the server a more friendly place. My weakness would be my lack of experience on big servers but i am sure that i am up to the challenge. i think a good admin needs to want to be an admin and is fair so he doesnt abuse his power. i think i could be a valuble addition to the Tf2 trade server admin ranks.

thank you for considering

Posted: May 25, 2013, 12:48:35 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
there are a few tf2 admins,

I suggest you add them on steam and try contacting them if you have issues with players.

I wish you luck with your application but, your are unknown in the community so to speak, it would help your case to have established members  vouch for you, as we have been bitten by immature admins with tf2 recently, and if you are unknown in the forums where alot of issues are dealt with after in-game admin desicions are made then your credibility tends to be questioned by other forum members as well as the person who you made the desicion against.

the other thing is generally admins should be around the age of 18, as it tends to show a little more experience with dealign with people and situations in general.
Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:48:23 pm by Xsannz

Reply #1 Posted: May 25, 2013, 01:56:29 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
-1 for no experience
-1 for age
-1 for not known in community

Reply #2 Posted: May 26, 2013, 09:37:02 am

Offline Mellcor

• Just settled in
  • Mellcor is looked down upon.
i say give him a chance, what is the worst that could happen?

if it dosnt work out remove it

i know many people that are young and are more mature then older players, and how is he suposed to get experience if no1 gives him a chance, also as for the comunity, well tell me when they have something of value to say in regards to the tf2 server, i would guess that 90% have never even been on it and of the 10% that have, it wasnt in the last 3 months

Reply #3 Posted: May 26, 2013, 07:27:36 pm
<============]\\\\[============>
                              M E L L C O R

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Look what happened to the last tf2 admin you said lets give a chance...

Hey whatever,  i've said what i think.

Op gl and keep a cool head if you are accepted.

Reply #4 Posted: May 26, 2013, 08:00:15 pm

Offline Mellcor

• Just settled in
arnt i the most recent admin?

except for glowing but hes never on

Reply #5 Posted: May 26, 2013, 08:55:45 pm
                              M E L L C O R

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: Mellcor;1525865
i say give him a chance, what is the worst that could happen?

if it doesn't work out remove it

i know many people that are young and are more mature then older players, and how is he supposed to get experience if no1 gives him a chance, also as for the community, well tell me when they have something of value to say in regards to the tf2 server, i would guess that 90% have never even been on it and of the 10% that have, it wasn't in the last 3 months

Well said! Forum mod's and server admins for other games should butt out imo! I am sure they only do it for the post count :p

Reply #6 Posted: May 27, 2013, 10:47:50 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Actually i am involved in the tf2 servers in the background.

Been looking at admin for them but there are too many petty squabbles tbh.

Reply #7 Posted: May 27, 2013, 11:11:50 am

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: Xsannz;1525897
Actually i am involved in the tf2 servers in the background.

I am happy for you, really I am :p)

Quote from: Xsannz;1525897
Been looking at admin for them but there are too many petty squabbles tbh.

Yes and mod the forums you and lias can but leave the admin apps to the people concerned unless you know and support the person, otherwise you are just seen as yet another troll. Feel free to voice concerns you may have in the admin forums.

As for the squabbles I can remember and link many BF threads involving certain admins..... ;)

Reply #8 Posted: May 27, 2013, 11:17:52 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline benxx9

• I Posted!
Thanks for the opinions.

I have found that in a game people tend to listen to the more experienced or better players, that said i would'nt consider myself to be the best team fortress player but i can handle myself in a fight:). Unless a player knows how old you are the age factor does not really matter unless i find myself talking on a mic.

i am aware that some preivious admins have abused their power and been idiots but i consider myself to be more rational than that.

i find myself playing with corpse, glowing and some other big players on the server but yes, on a hole i dont think i am massivly known player. i think being an admin could change this and quickly people will know who i am.

thanks

Reply #9 Posted: May 27, 2013, 04:54:48 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: benxx9;1525934
Thanks for the opinions.

I have found that in a game people tend to listen to the more experienced or better players, that said i would'nt consider myself to be the best team fortress player but i can handle myself in a fight:). Unless a player knows how old you are the age factor does not really matter unless i find myself talking on a mic.

i am aware that some preivious admins have abused their power and been idiots but i consider myself to be more rational than that.

i find myself playing with corpse, glowing and some other big players on the server but yes, on a hole i dont think i am massivly known player. i think being an admin could change this and quickly people will know who i am.

thanks

+1 for having a good attitude, and level head, pleasantly surprised me.

GL

Reply #10 Posted: May 27, 2013, 05:43:50 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: LeadCollector;1525899
I am happy for you, really I am :p)

Yes and mod the forums you and lias can but leave the admin apps to the people concerned unless you know and support the person, otherwise you are just seen as yet another troll. Feel free to voice concerns you may have in the admin forums.

As for the squabbles I can remember and link many BF threads involving certain admins..... ;)

touce dear leads touche.... dont put me in the same boat as lias though...

you seem to be getting grumpy in your old age.

Reply #11 Posted: May 27, 2013, 05:45:14 pm

Offline Mellcor

• Just settled in
Quote from: Xsannz;1525870
Look what happened to the last tf2 admin you said lets give a chance...

Quote from: benxx9;1525934

still want to know if ou are refering to me or is there another admin? because i stand by my actions however badly worded they may be

Reply #12 Posted: May 27, 2013, 07:53:28 pm
                              M E L L C O R

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Check your pm mellcor.

Reply #13 Posted: May 27, 2013, 08:45:12 pm

Offline benxx9

• I Posted!
Quote from: Mellcor;1525959
still want to know if ou are refering to me or is there another admin? because i stand by my actions however badly worded they may be

no, it think that you are a great admin and that the server has improve heaps while you have been admin!

Reply #14 Posted: May 28, 2013, 07:12:07 am

Offline Ethanor

• Just settled in
  • Ethanor has no influence.
Hey benxx9 feel free to add me to steam - I work a lot but am genrally around on my days off and I play in the trade Idle server most of the time

Reply #15 Posted: May 30, 2013, 03:41:14 pm

Offline benxx9

• I Posted!
any changes?

today I found myself on the trade server late at night with no admins on, there was a idler with over 700 ping and this was making the game incredibly for other users. I believe that if I was an admin that I could quickly act on these situations and make the trade server a better environment for the actual traders and users. so eventually I got a hold of mellcor but this took a while and made several players leave the server because of its lag. if I become an admin I would be the first in a while not to be a S8. so people will not be extra careful around me and hackers and trolls can be banned quickly and efficiently.

thanks for considering

benxx9

Reply #16 Posted: June 01, 2013, 10:26:36 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
This may sound silly

But aren't the trade servers just for trading?

Wouldn't it be easier to set up some sort of admin steam pm system than to have admins sitting on an idle server all day long?

And do people really hack on trade servers? Whats the point? Maybe I need to spend more time on a trade server, But I thought it was purely for trading?

On a side note, I was made an admin for CND when I was 15, looking back, I think waiting an extra year would of been a good idea before becoming an admin, for maturity's sake. But oh well. What's happened, happened.

Reply #17 Posted: June 02, 2013, 01:11:16 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Mellcor

• Just settled in
many people come to trade servers to get kills on their stranges or to kill in general as the skill level on  trade servers is generally lower then average, as for y hackers come on idk why, maby cos pple on trade servers dont leave they just rage and complain

Reply #18 Posted: June 03, 2013, 02:28:27 pm
                              M E L L C O R

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Yeah I just had a play on the trade server, I don't see a need for an admin, I also don't think any person would spend that long on the server enough to be effective as an admin.

MY 2 CENTS.

Reply #19 Posted: June 03, 2013, 04:13:41 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me