Topic: Motorcyclists of GetSome

Margarito

You also save in more ways then money, being able to jump right to the front of traffic at a light saves a LOT of time,

Reply #200 Posted: September 10, 2013, 07:48:05 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Pity about the Ducati.

Would have looked nice downstairs.

Reply #201 Posted: September 10, 2013, 10:27:55 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
While most were inside on Sat I went to Pukekohe, managed 3 sessions before rain came in. Managed to get low enough to scrape the left peg in the chicane and right peg going up over the hill.
Those last few corners :drool:
Come around the hairpin and have it basically pinned, short shifting for the left then right-hander, up over the hill and all the way down the straight flat tack before kicking down one gear for the first corner and breaking some teeth on the bump half way around before straight-lining the S's, Tipping in for corner 4 then down the straight pinned to the 150 mark and grabbing a hand full of brakes for the chicane then a short squirt before the hairpin again.

img for proof

Reply #202 Posted: September 17, 2013, 08:10:00 am
sila.

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: playerB;1531691
While most were inside on Sat I went to Pukekohe, managed 3 sessions before rain came in. Managed to get low enough to scrape the left peg in the chicane and right peg going up over the hill.
Those last few corners :drool:
Come around the hairpin and have it basically pinned, short shifting for the left then right-hander, up over the hill and all the way down the straight flat tack before kicking down one gear for the first corner and breaking some teeth on the bump half way around before straight-lining the S's, Tipping in for corner 4 then down the straight pinned to the 150 mark and grabbing a hand full of brakes for the chicane then a short squirt before the hairpin again.

img for proof

Nice, I haven't been to Puke for years. Last time I rode there there were 2 guys killed in my race, one was a mate. I have pretty mixed feelings about that place. I loved the flat out nature of it but the walls are way to close. (not that walls contributed to the fatality, that type of crash could have happened anywhere).

Did you enjoy the new layout?

Reply #203 Posted: September 17, 2013, 12:08:51 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
Is different I think better because its not just 2 straights and a hairpin anymore but the surface is still rubbish.
Much prefer HD and although have only done Taupo in the WRX I imagine I'd enjoy it more than Pukekohe on the bike.

I was nowhere near the limit of the bike though still pretty new to bike and track riding, (only a year riding so far) so as far as lap times and speeds go I was pretty average.
Lapped by a mate on the same bike to give you an idea. Although Hes QUICK, quicker than fast 600s.

Reply #204 Posted: September 17, 2013, 01:36:19 pm
sila.

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: playerB;1531722
Lapped by a mate on the same bike to give you an idea. Although Hes QUICK, quicker than fast 600s.

He must just be not as fat, more aerodynamick and physickals like that you know.

Reply #205 Posted: September 26, 2013, 10:18:55 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
For those that have been wondering, I'm sure you've all been in great suspense, but yes, I got my bike licence a wee while after On3 went down and have been cruising nearly every day since :D

Reply #206 Posted: January 19, 2014, 07:00:53 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
So, as some of you might know - I went for a slip'n'slide down the motorway, jacket gloves and helmet are trashed, but with the exception of a torn ligament in my thumb, Bike is damaged but will ride again, have got all the replacement parts ordered and driving a car to work sucks ass

Reply #207 Posted: January 19, 2014, 07:25:13 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
So, as some of you might know - I went for a slip'n'slide down the motorway, jacket gloves and helmet are trashed, but with the exception of a torn ligament in my thumb, Bike is damaged but will ride again, have got all the replacement parts ordered and driving a car to work sucks ass

Glad you came out on top man, and glad the bike will roll again. Once you get it fixed we should gather up a few other Auckland riders for a cruise some time  8)

Reply #208 Posted: January 19, 2014, 07:29:09 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Fuck Yeah - get some cruise to the puhoi Pub

Reply #209 Posted: January 19, 2014, 07:30:42 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Get Some patch incoming...

Reply #210 Posted: January 19, 2014, 07:47:12 pm
Dr. λculał

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
since on3 ive bought a 2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Reply #211 Posted: January 21, 2014, 12:53:24 pm
sila.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
living the dreamB.

Reply #212 Posted: January 21, 2014, 12:58:28 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.
I also ride and am rather keen for a Get Some biker get together.

the bike:

http://imageshack.com/a/img819/6161/ridingthebike.jpg
Motorcyclists of GetSome

No L plates anymore however :P

Reply #213 Posted: January 21, 2014, 01:01:54 pm
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Want to take a lap with me at Levels raceway in Timaru?

Turn the sound up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81U3GpvFh9o

PS what it the[] to embed video again I forget?
Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:19:42 pm by frankytanky

Reply #214 Posted: January 21, 2014, 01:16:15 pm

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.
I've got my learners license. Had it for while now (maybe a year).

My bike is at my parents place in Masterton and I mainly ride the bike on country roads with little to no traffic. (I occasionally rdie around Masterton and other Wairarapa towns). I feel pretty happy on the bike in these cases.

I've been thinking about using it to commute to work (live and work in welly). The commute takes we round the Basin Reserve during peak traffic. I'm not feeling so good about this. I've ridden the bike over the hill and on the motorway. That was fine, there wasn't traffic. The traffic on the way home from work is stop start.

Just after some advice. Is it a good idea to just do it? Or should I just start with riding around welly when things aren't as busy.
Lane splitting - Should I do it? Or should I just stay in the lane till I feel better about traffic? Should keep riding my bike over in Masterton (keep building up my confidence)?

Reply #215 Posted: January 21, 2014, 01:35:23 pm
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.
Been riding thru Aucklands traffic for a little over a year now, its what puts the hairs on your chest. If nothing else it certainly makes you very alert.
For me I just threw myself in the deep end, learn while doing.

Reply #216 Posted: January 21, 2014, 01:42:53 pm
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
I've got my learners license. Had it for while now (maybe a year).

My bike is at my parents place in Masterton and I mainly ride the bike on country roads with little to no traffic. (I occasionally rdie around Masterton and other Wairarapa towns). I feel pretty happy on the bike in these cases.

I've been thinking about using it to commute to work (live and work in welly). The commute takes we round the Basin Reserve during peak traffic. I'm not feeling so good about this. I've ridden the bike over the hill and on the motorway. That was fine, there wasn't traffic. The traffic on the way home from work is stop start.

Just after some advice. Is it a good idea to just do it? Or should I just start with riding around welly when things aren't as busy.
Lane splitting - Should I do it? Or should I just stay in the lane till I feel better about traffic? Should keep riding my bike over in Masterton (keep building up my confidence)?

Getting confidence is the key, you should do what you are comfortable with first and foremost. I would also seriously look at doing a track day or riders skills course. http://www.rideforever.co.nz/ is a good start, I have assisted on these a few times and they are like gold for new and old riders alike.
Once you have confidence in your ability and start to learn what you and your bike a capable of that's when you should be looking to mix it up in traffic.

I haven't really ridden anywhere that I have needed to lane split (I am in Invercargill, not much traffic haha) so I can't really say too much but I would assume as long as you give everyone room and aren't a dick about it I wouldn't have a problem with peole doing it. In saying that I have heard some road rage stories from people who have been abused after doing it. I guess you would pick you spot to do it.

Reply #217 Posted: January 21, 2014, 01:50:03 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Been riding thru Aucklands traffic for a little over a year now, its what puts the hairs on your chest. If nothing else it certainly makes you very alert.

or just jump in like Han if you have the confidence!

Reply #218 Posted: January 21, 2014, 01:50:39 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
'

Yup - that was the cause of my SlipnSlide - filtering up and someone pulled a Derp move, was too eager on the brakes

Reply #219 Posted: January 21, 2014, 01:52:36 pm

Offline Donkey

• Addicted
  • Donkey has no influence.
I should get a motorbike.

since on3 ive bought a 2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Shieet negro, those are nice bikes. Had a guy following me on one last time I was out on Moneys bike.

Reply #220 Posted: January 21, 2014, 05:19:28 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member

man franky i wants them skillz.

short vid from my 2nd ride on it. Dont have full yet so limited to track. Still feeling it out in the corners and need to play with suspension.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo6t3BXKVj4
Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:03:31 am by playerB

Reply #221 Posted: January 22, 2014, 08:33:39 am
sila.

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Man, I like that new layout of pukekohe, that chicane thing looks baws, that straight used to be ridiculously long!
I haven't ridden there since about 2009 I think, the last race I ever raced there had a dual fatality (one was a mate), it was awful especially as we had to ride past the scene of the accident twice.
In happier news, it looks like your lines are pretty ok, the only thing I would say is you can probably run it a bit tighter through T1 (I presume that it is still bumpy as fuck through there) Although I have just watched the whole video and you are holding tighter later. Possibly need to hit a tighter apex on that right turn off the back straight to set you up for the entry of the left, although having not ridden there with that layout it is hard to say.

Looking good though!

Reply #222 Posted: January 22, 2014, 10:38:09 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Ever heard of Alan Kempster? they call him 1/2 as he only has 1 arm and 1 leg. He raced at Teretonga a the Burt Munro Challenge and we were lucky enough to help him out. I threw a GoPro on the back and this is the results, truly inspiring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTq-OVLA8gU

Reply #223 Posted: January 22, 2014, 10:44:13 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
yeah the lines and cornering at puke was very timmid, still only the 2nd time i had ridden my 675 and only the 3rd time on a big bike. I usually throw the CBR250RR around puke scraping knees. wouldnt be supprised if i was doing faster laps on the cbr at this point.

usually more like this

CBR 250RR Honda - Pukekohe Racetrack

Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:27:58 pm by playerB

Reply #224 Posted: January 22, 2014, 10:59:46 am
sila.