Topic: Movie Review: Elysium

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
This movie gets an F for Fucking Awesome.

Go see it.

Posted: August 20, 2013, 09:25:02 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
+1

Reply #1 Posted: August 20, 2013, 09:52:27 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Berg should be getting paid for his movie reviews.

Reply #2 Posted: August 20, 2013, 10:24:27 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
+1

Reply #3 Posted: August 21, 2013, 04:40:31 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Saw it last night.

Really liked it, but I was seriously unnerved at how well Neil seems to envision dystopian futures (completely believable). I had myself thinking that I would off myself if that's what I had to look forward to in the near future.

Jodie Foster is an absolute babe. She has legs that drive me crazy. I felt she wasn't allowed to live up to her characters menacing attitude properly.

As usual, insane special effects and CG gun/tech design. Loved the Bugatti reference.

Great sci-fi flick and epic battle scenes.

Reply #4 Posted: August 26, 2013, 02:30:14 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Saw it last night.

Really liked it, but I was seriously unnerved at how well Neil seems to envision dystopian futures (completely believable). I had myself thinking that I would off myself if that's what I had to look forward to in the near future.

Jodie Foster is an absolute babe. She has legs that drive me crazy. I felt she wasn't allowed to live up to her characters menacing attitude properly.

As usual, insane special effects and CG gun/tech design. Loved the Bugatti reference.

Great sci-fi flick and epic battle scenes.

Reply #5 Posted: August 26, 2013, 02:30:32 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Kruger was the best bad guy I have seen since Terminator 2.

Its the only time since then that I've felt terrified when he was coming. It's like RUN YOU IDIOT. KRUGER IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU. RUUUUUUN.

Was he improvising his lines Iike District 9? Sure felt like it. He sounded like he was making it up on the spot,  but was so angry all he could think of was 'IM GOING TO RIP YOUR FOOKING HEAD OFF EH'

Reply #6 Posted: August 26, 2013, 08:41:37 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I thought Kruger did an incredible job at taking the most mundane and expected lines and making them work.

Simple lines like "I'm going to get you" etc.

Reply #7 Posted: August 26, 2013, 08:48:49 am