Topic: T baiting

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.
Screw T baiting, it is annoying as hell and it is just abusive now.
T baiting wastes pretty much every staff member's time and it pisses people off who are trying to play the game.
I understand the grounds in which T baiting was allowed but c'mon, it's just abuse as fuck now.

Posted: October 08, 2014, 09:19:07 am

Offline John Soap

• Just settled in
  • John Soap has no influence.
T baiting wastes pretty much every staff member's time and it pisses people off who are trying to play the game.
I understand the grounds in which T baiting was allowed but c'mon, it's just abuse as fuck now.

T baiting to my understanding is shooting at the ground and in the air. I see people thinking that T baiting is hitting people and running off, that's just dickery.

Plus, No swearing Matrix.

Reply #1 Posted: October 08, 2014, 11:40:29 am
Hi!

I am a lovely person with a great personalty, i like long walks on the beach and love watching movies and cuddling. I'm a great listener and will make sure life is easy for anyone. I also follow satan, I worship him daily and will sacrifice unborn children for our great powerful overlord.

Ily

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in

T baiting to my understanding is shooting at the ground and in the air. I see people thinking that T baiting is hitting people and running off, that's just dickery.

Plus, No swearing Matrix.
All T baiting is dickish, including hitting people with a crowbar.
Also, swearing when telling someone not to swear isn't good :)

Reply #2 Posted: October 08, 2014, 12:26:56 pm

Offline nichwilde

• I Posted!
  • nichwilde has no influence.
As being someone who actually enjoys "T-Baiting" i think it's necessary for people to know from my perspective.
If I T-bait and shoot the ground or air or walls near people, That's T - Baiting.

Crowbarring/shooting/actually making any impact of significance within the game, I think that is NOT t baiting. If you crowbar someone and complain about them ruining your day and murdering your sweet face I have zero sympathy to offer, I will actually tell you why you deserved to of been face rolled.

I strongly believe that t baiting is only a description of activity which is community guided, for example being proven and having a knife is not T baiting, Damaging someone is not T baiting that's killable.

will edit later to finish

Reply #3 Posted: October 08, 2014, 03:19:49 pm

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
As being someone who actually enjoys "T-Baiting" i think it's necessary for people to know from my perspective.
If I T-bait and shoot the ground or air or walls near people, That's T - Baiting.

Crowbarring/shooting/actually making any impact of significance within the game, I think that is NOT t baiting. If you crowbar someone and complain about them ruining your day and murdering your sweet face I have zero sympathy to offer, I will actually tell you why you deserved to of been face rolled.

I strongly believe that t baiting is only a description of activity which is community guided, for example being proven and having a knife is not T baiting, Damaging someone is not T baiting that's killable.

will edit later to finish
Yes, I am talking about the latter. Where damaging players with a crowbar or another tool results in a killfest. It wastes the staff member's time and it should have some guidelines surrounding it

Reply #4 Posted: October 08, 2014, 03:24:06 pm

Offline nichwilde

• I Posted!
because iv'e been quoted before I finished writing. uh it's just fucked up that people think it's not kosable to crowbar someone and believe it falls under the same tag as T baiting. Ok yeah no, if you crow bar someone you're a bad man. it's so illogical that you are under the impression that you're in the right if you crowbar someone then they kill you. #getrekt #sorrynotsorry #youmedbro #saltydicks .

Reply #5 Posted: October 08, 2014, 03:54:54 pm

Offline John Soap

• Just settled in
#saltydicks .

Why? but then why not!

Reply #6 Posted: October 08, 2014, 05:10:16 pm
Hi!

I am a lovely person with a great personalty, i like long walks on the beach and love watching movies and cuddling. I'm a great listener and will make sure life is easy for anyone. I also follow satan, I worship him daily and will sacrifice unborn children for our great powerful overlord.

Ily

Offline Quantum

• Quantum has no influence.
Maybe it would be better to have a definition of T - Baiting in the rules.

The whole idea of t-baiting is to basically scare other innocents when you are innocent this would usually lead to "high sus" being placed on you.

The whole idea is also to make it fun.

The rules clearly state that it's ok to fire your gun in the air or at the ground, however I think I will make a rule that chucking incendiary grenades near people or in close quarters is instant KOS because the number of people dying from random grenades is becoming a bit insane. 

Yes people that know each other on the server or are regulars often have small crow bar fights sometimes till death other times just a few friendly hits to say hi.

But if you report the person like a tard and say "cunt rdm'd me what the fuck" then you can expect your report to get ignored it's not helpful nor is it nice that staff have to read these kind of reports constantly.

I myself am I victim of crow-bar abuse I often get bashed by to odd person with a crowbar I don't mind it but if they hit more than once a .50 cal to the head stops them pretty fast.

On the other hand if you walk around the map holding a damn T weapon like a knife or any other traitor weapon if you get shot at or killed then that's your fault and the person that killed you will not be slain I don't give two shits if you stated you were holding a knife multiple times you are still holding a T weapon and I will kill you. It's logical that if you see someone with a T weapon you kill them. If you get killed for traitor baiting then think it's probably your fault.

I can't really thing of example of T baiting right now everyone probably has different ideas on the meaning for example is shooting a petrol drum far away suspicious if nobody is around it is destroying the planks that connect the towers on rooftops traitorous if nobody is on them ? Should destroying the T tester be a KOS well no it says in the rules it's not but how many people actually have read them ?

INVALID grounds to shoot someone:
-He is hurt.
-He is AFK / standing still.
-Not responding to a live-check.
-He is stalking you / hugging you.
-He has fired his weapon, even if he nearly hit you.
-His weapon matches the weapon used to kill someone.
-He hit you for a few HP when his prop glitched out.
-You obviously walked into his line of fire and got hit.

Any suggestions for rule changes will be heavily considered provided to give a decent write up on why we should implement new ones or modify existing rules.
Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:57:46 pm by Quantum

Reply #7 Posted: October 08, 2014, 05:47:06 pm

Offline nichwilde

• I Posted!

If you get killed for traitor baiting then think it's probably your fault.

This x100, if you T bait expect to get killed by someone eventually and don't be a little bitch about it.

Reply #8 Posted: October 08, 2014, 06:42:32 pm

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in

If you get killed for traitor baiting then think it's probably your fault.

This x100, if you T bait expect to get killed by someone eventually and don't be a little bitch about it.
Thank you. People call me a little bitch because I kill people when their T baiting becomes unreasonable

Reply #9 Posted: October 08, 2014, 07:45:34 pm

Offline YouLikeFishSticks

• Just settled in
  • YouLikeFishSticks has no influence.
The amount of times I've seen someone KOSed for shooting near them and essentially them being RDMed by the KOSer and when they do this it's just unacceptable, thinking it would be right to kill someone because they were "threatened", to me and maybe others is not a valid excuse.

Reply #10 Posted: October 08, 2014, 08:03:19 pm
And no I'm not Aquaman, I am a recovering gay fish.

Offline John Soap

• Just settled in
The amount of whiners when people shoot at the ground is too dam high!

Reply #11 Posted: October 08, 2014, 08:14:56 pm
Hi!

Ily

Offline Bailey Ford

• I Posted!
  • Bailey Ford has no influence.
The way i see it is if someone was walking right up to someone and shooting around there body purposelyand get killed for it they shouldn't complain. But if someone were to shoot once at them by mistake thats not valid grounds to hit/shoot them. Well that's the rule I put for myself anyway.

Reply #12 Posted: November 16, 2014, 05:23:52 pm
Your local fedora wearing srcub

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Do you guys actually play in this game or just bitch and moan all day?

Reply #13 Posted: November 16, 2014, 06:44:44 pm

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
Do you guys actually play in this game or just bitch and moan all day?
We play the game and bitch and moan about everything

Reply #14 Posted: November 16, 2014, 07:40:00 pm

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
Locking this, no more replies needed

Reply #15 Posted: November 16, 2014, 07:40:34 pm