Topic: Getting a poster reprinted - best place to get it needs to be amazing

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
I dont really know enough about the print industry so i need some help
I was going to get my friend who is an artist to recreate for me but i dont know if it would be better to have a poster reprinted than painted.

Basically i want to get this neon Black Bolt either re painted or reprinted to the highest quality possible as a gift for my friends 45th bday

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

Posted: April 02, 2015, 10:33:35 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Hnnnng Black Bolt. Inhumans are my jam.

The file you've provided is pretty tiny and would barely print at decent quality at A4. You'd want to source as high resolution as possible.

Here's a Google image search using the image you've posted as a reference point, I've changed the search settings to look for 'large' images so you should have a better chance of finding something of high quality and possible similar.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=simg:CAESyQEaxgELELCMpwgaYApeCAMSKIMXvh7AHoAXghfGHv0fsBypCpsR2ySUKYQslyyaNYckpDrpLZsuuCcaMC4vz3nT5PE0mFuLHn1EA-Tf8D45vj6_1aQujRE43FpMqMmBfIdyM5ze-NgRoesgTJQwLEI6u_1ggaCgoICAESBMQ2KTYMCxCd7cEJGkEKBQoDYXJ0ChEKD3BzeWNoZWRlbGljIGFydAoICgZwb3N0ZXIKDAoKbW9kZXJuIGFydAoNCgthbGJ1bSBjb3Zlcgw&q=black+bolt&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=YGccVfKiMoL48QWDiYGABQ&ved=0CC4Qsw4&biw=1915&bih=890#q=black+bolt&tbs=simg:CAESyQEaxgELELCMpwgaYApeCAMSKIMXvh7AHoAXghfGHv0fsBypCpsR2ySUKYQslyyaNYckpDrpLZsuuCcaMC4vz3nT5PE0mFuLHn1EA-Tf8D45vj6_1aQujRE43FpMqMmBfIdyM5ze-NgRoesgTJQwLEI6u_1ggaCgoICAESBMQ2KTYMCxCd7cEJGkEKBQoDYXJ0ChEKD3BzeWNoZWRlbGljIGFydAoICgZwb3N0ZXIKDAoKbW9kZXJuIGFydAoNCgthbGJ1bSBjb3Zlcgw,isz:l&tbm=isch

I've also found out that this piece was originally done as a black light piece, made to be looked at while using a pair of specific pair of filtered glasses. Jack Kirby did it. So with that, you might be able to find a better version.

And for printing options, where ever you go (I cant suggest anyone sorry, wrong part of the country) get it printed on palite (plastic board) instead of paper, so you can mount it on a wall properly.
Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:54:36 am by Retardobot

Reply #1 Posted: April 02, 2015, 10:48:55 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
What Rii said, palite aka foam board, foamalite etc depending on where you go, get it on 3mm and it's a piece of piss to hang using 3M command shit.

I could do it if you find the right artwork at a decent rez but Chch -> might be a pain in the ass!

Reply #2 Posted: April 02, 2015, 11:05:21 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
see this is why i came here to ask i love you both.

If i can find the right size I would love to get you to do it for me - it will be going into a neon room :) and its for someone very special to me hence the mad effort. i just want it to be perfect

have a think growler and let me know a price - it needs to go to cleveland

Reply #3 Posted: April 02, 2015, 12:50:59 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Cleveland, Ohio?

Price to print, sweet fuck all, but getting it to the states in 1 piece.... how big do you want it to be?

Reply #4 Posted: April 02, 2015, 01:50:17 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Cleveland, Huntly. :P

Reply #5 Posted: April 02, 2015, 02:11:21 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

Like a normal poster size and the freight wont be an issue as he works for UPS so we will organise getting it freighted via UPS and 
Cleveland Ohio :)

Reply #6 Posted: April 02, 2015, 03:15:47 pm

Offline Growler

was gonna fucking say!

easy then.

Sort the image and I'll make it happen.

Reply #7 Posted: April 02, 2015, 03:16:09 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

was gonna fucking say!

easy then.

Sort the image and I'll make it happen.

i love you :)

Reply #8 Posted: April 02, 2015, 03:16:44 pm

Offline Growler

wait so it is US??

I can get it to you and let you sort it.

Reply #9 Posted: April 02, 2015, 03:16:57 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Im going to stab someone now

Reply #10 Posted: April 02, 2015, 03:17:17 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
AH AH AH AH

*runs and hides*

Reply #11 Posted: April 02, 2015, 03:48:39 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

Whats the size you need it be Growler as I am finding it hard to find an image big enough :(  and would it glow under black light
or should i get an artist to paint it for me using the right paints?
I just want it to be amazing

Reply #12 Posted: April 10, 2015, 12:50:14 pm

Offline Growler

size all depends on how big you want the print.

As for glow......no where near as bright compared to using UV reactive paint etc.

Reply #13 Posted: April 10, 2015, 01:22:05 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
On this topic my Dad wants to get a photo he took with his iphone (6) blown up to hang on the wall. He'd like it to be 1200mm X 600mm.

Is this expensive to do? He googled and called a local company who said it would be upwards of $1000 to do. Having no idea what printing costs, does that sound right?

Reply #14 Posted: April 23, 2015, 05:24:19 pm

Offline Growler

ahahahah, id do it for half and still be making a killing!

comes down to what yopu want it printed on etc.

Reply #15 Posted: April 23, 2015, 07:08:20 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Pretty sure it was on palite so he could hang it on the wall.

Would a photo from an iphone enlarge very well? Is the quality high enough?

Reply #16 Posted: April 23, 2015, 07:45:41 pm

Offline Growler

email it to me, and palite for $1000 is a fucking ripoff, like fisted by HODOR ripoff.

email in rep, im away until tuesday thou

Reply #17 Posted: April 23, 2015, 08:57:02 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Is this expensive to do? He googled and called a local company who said it would be upwards of $1000 to do. Having no idea what printing costs, does that sound right?

Jesus fuck titties.

Name and shame company, plox. That is price gouging.

Reply #18 Posted: April 24, 2015, 12:16:41 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
email it to me, and palite for $1000 is a fucking ripoff, like fisted by HODOR ripoff.

Or possibly they don't want to do it, so make it horrendously expensive so you will go elsewhere

Reply #19 Posted: April 24, 2015, 12:21:16 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Or possibly they don't want to do it, so make it horrendously expensive so you will go elsewhere

Is that the same reason you always quote $1000 when I ask you to perform sexual services?

Reply #20 Posted: April 24, 2015, 12:35:10 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Is that the same reason you always quote $1000 when I ask you to perform sexual services?

$320 an hour and a minumum 3 hour call out rate darling

(edit - that is my actual hourly rate for non-customer/non-supported IT stuff)

Reply #21 Posted: April 24, 2015, 12:38:58 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted

Will do, there's no rush so later is fine.

Reply #22 Posted: April 26, 2015, 10:09:30 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Can't be, you'd actually pay that.

Reply #23 Posted: April 26, 2015, 10:32:33 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted

Emailed.

Reply #24 Posted: April 28, 2015, 07:14:21 pm