Topic: Clean server weekend

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Hey guys
Just letting everyone know that i have backed up the old map and profiles, and started with a clean slate. we need to get to the bottom of the frustrating lag issue.

If we let it carry on, then there is no point running the server, as its causing a lot of frustration for various regular users.

We really need a good head count on the server to know if this is the cause of the problem. but so far its been smooth running.

If everything is smooth, then its start again, sorry. But in saying that, when the new biome's come out were not sure if there needs to be a fresh start again or not, due to changes in the island map.

Posted: September 04, 2015, 10:40:05 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Might pay to check if there is a map 'defrag' you can do, as with minecraft the maps can get quite large and me and craig found some issues with it in the past.

Reply #1 Posted: September 04, 2015, 10:52:15 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Graves

• I Posted!
  • Graves has no influence.
Hi, I am currently playing on the Clean server and still experiencing lag issues. I am pretty sure I am the only one on the server.

How much control do you have over the server? It could possibly be a firewall / routing issue. Does the server drop connection to everything or is it just the game?

Regards,
Graves
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:31:21 am by Graves

Reply #2 Posted: September 04, 2015, 11:50:18 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Its not a routing or firewall issue.

Ive seen pings of 5ms from my pc to the server, meanwhile the ingame ping says 30 - 50ms.

Server has good CPU, but i think the issue is the multicore support not being the best.

Reply #3 Posted: September 05, 2015, 09:40:10 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Cheezey

• I Posted!
  • Cheezey has no influence.
The server seems to be running really smooth. I get the odd little lag spikes, but not as bad as it was before. Thanks for fixing it xD
Cheers

Reply #4 Posted: September 05, 2015, 12:15:40 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
A good day in, and its actually a big improvement. I think some people just have the wrong settings, or are pushing their hardware to its breaking point.

In the whole time I've played ark today, I had about 3 small d-sync spikes.

Reply #5 Posted: September 06, 2015, 12:35:36 am

Offline bungle

• I Posted!
  • bungle has no influence.
Used to get a lag spike that lasted 15sec every 4-5mins.  Since the wipe, I experienced one short spike that lasted about 10sec over the course of 3 hours.  Seems like a huge improvement.

Reply #6 Posted: September 07, 2015, 08:24:09 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
the only lag has been autosave, which I have just changed from 15 minutes to 60.

Reply #7 Posted: September 07, 2015, 11:20:45 pm