Topic: ARK #1 CHANGES

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
Not a complaint, but just a little feedback from my first experience in the newly wiped server. 

I tried to play for the last few hours and can I be the first to say that I think the difficulty is a tad too "ramped up" lol. 

Every flying ant (Titanomyrma) I came across was insta-death (ran into swarms of lvl 600+), most of the smaller dino's compy's dilo's etc. were all lvl 200-400+ and virtually insta death, and the lvl 868 Sarco harassing me near my half built house is insta death too.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if this is mod-related but (for me) loading into the server takes ~10min longer than before and when I exit the game (back to main menu) my PC is now having trouble releasing the game data from my RAM/VRAM (which has never happened before).

Waited ~15min's to try get back to the main menu before I gave up and alt-tabbed out and force-closed the game.  Happened both times I logged in/out of the server tonight so I don't think it was just a first-time one off thing but I'll try again in the morning to see if it repeats.  I tested logging in to other local vanilla servers and they all loaded in the same time as before the pre-wipe/mod update (approx. ~2mins) so that ruled out a recent update as the cause. 

I'm playing with an i7 5500U@3.2Ghz, 12GB RAM and an ATI R5 with the latest catalyst drivers in case anyone was wondering if it was a 'spec-related' problem but like I said its never happened before and I logged into the getsome server @ 8:50pm prior to the wipe and had no unusual loading/unloading delays whatsoever.

Would like to know if anyone else is experiencing similar issues or if its just on my side.

Reply #25 Posted: March 05, 2016, 01:37:12 am

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
Dumpy saved the day lol the game has become a lot more survivable thanks to Dumpy for providing everyone with a high level dino the difficulty was damn near unplayable until then, but the gift dino was the turning point ;)

Reply #26 Posted: March 06, 2016, 03:59:09 pm