• SirSpecko has no influence.
Please state the following information:

The Game: Garry's Mod / GETSOME Sandbox server

Your game name:
Specko

Your SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:70431791

The time you tried to connect and got the error:

Any info on why you were banned: I complained about the quality of the server (i.e. weapons were banned, lack of addons) on the Discord server. `Kayne then said he "banned" me. I logged in afterwards to check and I was not. I logged in just now (5-10mins ago), loaded in to the server, ran around and then was banned permanently for no reason whatsoever.

Posted: June 30, 2016, 09:05:23 pm

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!

Seemed pretty ungrateful to me. I didn't think you would care if you couldn't access this "shit server".

Reply #1 Posted: June 30, 2016, 11:06:56 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Mister Sir

• Just settled in
  • Mister Sir has no influence.
Seemed pretty ungrateful to me. I didn't think you would care if you couldn't access this "shit server".

`Kayne does make a fair point. If it is a "shit server" why are you playing on it and/ or care about being banned? If it does not have the things you want to use, find another server to play on; Plain and simple  :)

Reply #2 Posted: July 01, 2016, 02:54:04 am
"I killed people and got banned." ~ Paul Denino 2k16

Offline SirSpecko

• I Posted!
Just because a server is shit doesn't mean I won't play on it, I mean I've been playing the TTT server for two years now ;). Just because I voiced my opinions on restrictions set in place does not mean I should permabanned, that is utter bullshit, and is a fine example of a totalitarian dictatorship exercising censorship :-X. I have broken no rules, and have done absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever.

You are placed in a position of authority because you are trusted to deal with rulebreakers and manage the server :). You don't do this, and spend your days changing the colours of people, breaking the game by adding features without bug testing and abusing the bring command. Not only that, but what a wonderful role model you are, taking an illegal substance (MDMA, cut with flour if what you said was to be believed) whilst managing a server filled with younger people :o. You have permabanned someone innocent of anything but voicing there opinion. Are you so butthurt you can't deal with criticism?

I'm playing on the server for only one reason (the same reason I play on the TTT server), because I want to kill time playing games with some mates. Clearly, that isn't allowed at all 8).

Reply #3 Posted: July 01, 2016, 09:22:51 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
What you posted in discord last night would get anyone banned from everything.

I get it, your edgy as fuck bro, i'm so like totally in bewilderment about how fucking edgy you are. Then 30 seconds later i realized you were just 14 and using up my precious oxygen.

Thanks for the lol's. Ban stays.

Reply #4 Posted: July 01, 2016, 09:35:59 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Reply #5 Posted: July 01, 2016, 09:45:28 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

This.

Reply #6 Posted: July 01, 2016, 09:50:08 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
I find it amusing how people somehow think they are entitled to use a free service

We don't even plaster you with ads, we just run everything, out of our own pocket, for people to use

So really, it's up to us if you can use it or not, just like it's up to your parents if you can have a friend stay over or not, because it is their house

Reply #7 Posted: July 01, 2016, 09:54:05 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
We should install ads

Reply #8 Posted: July 01, 2016, 10:22:42 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline SirSpecko

• I Posted!

I get it, your edgy as fuck bro, i'm so like totally in bewilderment about how fucking edgy you are. Then 30 seconds later i realized you were just 14 and using up my precious oxygen.

Thanks for the lol's. Ban stays.

16*. I know what I posted was entirely inappropriate for my age, status and basically everything, that's kind of why I removed it and apologised. I should've never posted it in the first place.

Also the ad hominem in this thread is ridiculous. Why don't you have ads? You guys have been running something without a profit? That doesn't seem rational or reasonable at all.

Thank you for fairly, justly and rightly assessing my complaint and not repealing my permaban for breaking rules.

Reply #9 Posted: July 01, 2016, 11:46:27 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
We ran it for the benefit of NZ Gaming not to make a profit. We will talk about this more and someone will get back to you in 14 - 35 working days.

Reply #10 Posted: July 01, 2016, 12:30:11 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
You are placed in a position of authority because you are trusted to deal with rulebreakers and manage the server :). You don't do this, and spend your days changing the colours of people, breaking the game by adding features without bug testing and abusing the bring command. Not only that, but what a wonderful role model you are, taking an illegal substance (MDMA, cut with flour if what you said was to be believed) whilst managing a server filled with younger people :o. You have permabanned someone innocent of anything but voicing there opinion. Are you so butthurt you can't deal with criticism?

Your definition of an Admin / Moderator isn't the full picture. Not by far.

An admin's goal is to ensure that everyone is having a fun time. This includes, but is not limited to, what you said, dealing with rule breakers. So yes, I have had fun with commands (not that I ever use the bring command) to let other people have fun - and they all loved it, so clearly I'm in the wrong here. It's funny how you are trying to bring up my 'flaws' by *pretending* that I'm supposed to be a role model. This is a game, kid. I've never said I was a perfect person and I've never claimed to be a role model. If you truly believe that we should all be looking up to someone (cough, Lias, cough) on the internet, then I can quite honestly tell you that time away from gaming is something you greatly need.

You truly do not seem to realise that you are owed nothing. As it has been pointed out in this thread, these servers are provided to you by the Getsome Head Admins out of their own pocket. They have never asked for funding. They have never asked for donations. They have kept the system (which I love) that you get admin because you can be trusted, not because you stole your mums credit card before bedtime on a tuesday night. At the end of the day, this means that if the head admins wish it, they could remove anyone from their servers - for any reason. Calling their hard work and sacrifice shit? I'd say that is decent enough.

You also don't seem to know the difference - and the reactions from - constructive criticism and "voicing your opinion". One can be taken on board and used to better an idea or thing. The other would turn anyone against you. What you do is bitch. Nothing more, nothing less. Complaining because I tried to add more content to the server? Are you actually serious? You do realise that is what everyone asks for. What everyone (save you) wants.

It's quite clear you're grasping at straws trying to get me in trouble here. Petty.

Now, because I'm such a fascist and dictative admin, I'm going to lock this thread to prevent you from "rising up and saving all these oppressed people"

Oh and hey, If you ever need someone to blame about your ban, Just remember, "It's america's fault."

Reply #11 Posted: July 01, 2016, 03:05:09 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me