Topic: Pokemon Go

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

Just came out. Download from the Android store

No IOS version yet

Posted: July 06, 2016, 04:38:32 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Oooo shit

gottacatchemall

Wait - does this mean I have to leave my house to play this game? Darn.

Reply #1 Posted: July 06, 2016, 05:30:47 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Oooo shit

gottacatchemall

Wait - does this mean I have to leave my house to play this game? Darn.
Use Incense. Then you can catch them in your lounge or wherever you are without moving.

In fact: You dont really have to move at all because its random where they turn up.

Reply #2 Posted: July 06, 2016, 05:47:55 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Does have an IOS version, i installed it this morning.

Caught a Charmander and Evee in the office, then realized id have to leave work in the rain to catch more. Closed the app and got back on Fire Red

Reply #3 Posted: July 07, 2016, 01:01:56 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Tiwaking!

Does have an IOS version, i installed it this morning.

Caught a Charmander and Evee in the office, then realized id have to leave work in the rain to catch more. Closed the app and got back on Fire Red
Incorrect

Use incense. Pokemon are also random so you can find them when driving around or, even better, when being driven around. Just keep clicking on their icons until the battle pops up.

And dont try to take over the Yellow Gyms. They're currently bugged so the pokemon inside them are invincible.

Reply #4 Posted: July 08, 2016, 10:05:18 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I'm waiting for the news article called "Person dead after drowning in lake/hit by train/crashed while flying airplane/squashed in trash compactor while looking for Pokémon."

Reply #5 Posted: July 08, 2016, 11:59:05 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
"This is your pilot speaking, we will be delayed arriving to our destination as I have to fly over here to capture a Pidgeot."
Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:12:40 pm by Apostrophe Spacemonkey

Reply #6 Posted: July 08, 2016, 12:00:56 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

And dont try to take over the Yellow Gyms. They're currently bugged so the pokemon inside them are invincible.
Edit: Not just Yellow Gyms but all gyms. A random bug occurs which makes the pokemon almost invincible.

Commonly occurs at yellow gyms.

And the servers have been down for almost two hours.

Reply #7 Posted: July 08, 2016, 12:51:32 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
everything back up and running, I think the gym glitch had been fixed but I'm not sure.

Reply #8 Posted: July 08, 2016, 02:20:45 pm

Anyone found a dead body yet?

One “Pokémon GO” player found a dead body while exploring her neighbourhood in search of “Pokémon.”

Shayla Wiggins, a 19-year-old from Riverton, Wyoming, found the body floating in a river near her mother’s home at the B & K Mobile Home Park. “I was trying to get a Pokémon from a natural water resource,”

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/pokemon-go-dead-body-shayla-wiggins-7-2016-2016-7

Reply #9 Posted: July 09, 2016, 10:29:41 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Things that are right with Pokemongo:
It has Pokémon in it
Things that are wrong with Pokemongo:
Poor UIX
Constant server issues
Terrible graphical glitches
Poor to no help system
Everything is random
I will add this to the 'things that are right' list.

Reply #10 Posted: July 09, 2016, 12:31:09 pm

I just loaded up a Gameboy emulator on my phone and play Pokémon that way. More fun with less walking.

Reply #11 Posted: July 09, 2016, 01:39:15 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

I just loaded up a Gameboy emulator on my phone and play Pokémon that way. More fun with less walking.
I dont have to walk. If you're at in a building higher than two storeys the GPS cant find your properly so you just teleport around randomly. Hell, even sitting at home makes me teleport randomly around.

Makes egg hatching easy.

Reply #12 Posted: July 09, 2016, 02:07:24 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

One “Pokémon GO” player found a dead body while exploring her neighbourhood in search of “Pokémon.”

Shayla Wiggins, a 19-year-old from Riverton, Wyoming, found the body floating in a river near her mother’s home at the B & K Mobile Home Park. “I was trying to get a Pokémon from a natural water resource,”

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/pokemon-go-dead-body-shayla-wiggins-7-2016-2016-7

Reply #13 Posted: July 09, 2016, 02:46:04 pm

But how are we supposed to capture Voltorb?

Pokemon Go players are being told to stay away from electricity substations and not to climb on power lines.

Transpower issued the warning on Tuesday as the augmented reality game attracted players to all sorts of dangerous situations.

High voltage areas like power lines, towers and substations were no place for video game players, the company warned.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/82026377/pokemon-go-players-told-to-stop-climbing-power-lines

Reply #14 Posted: July 12, 2016, 04:06:14 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Pokemans being looked for at Filthy Few HQ in Whanganui. Lulz.
Shops starting to put up signs like "Pokemans is fer pay'n custamahs ONLY" 'n shit.

Much lulz.

People whinging about how morons milling around not watching where they're going... Like it's any different to how morons normally block all the footpaths 'n crap, heh. I've not noticed much change except in that everyone's talking about it.

Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 10:28:16 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #15 Posted: July 13, 2016, 10:01:51 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

At first I thought it was stupid, but now I've learnt to love it.

Even though I can't play it on my phone, and I have no intention of buying a phone that can.

I just love reading all the news stories about it.

Plus, I'm a fan of AR, and Pokémon GO has really made AR go mainstream, no doubt it will be an incentive for developers to create some awesome AR games, not only for the phone, but other platforms like Meta glasses and Hololens.

^ nice gif

Reply #16 Posted: July 14, 2016, 07:55:39 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Here is the plain English version of the Pokemon Go TOS
https://tldrlegal.com/license/pokemon-go-terms-of-service-
If you haven't played for a year, you fuck up, or we fuck up, we can delete all of your virtual goods. We don't have to give them back. We might even discontinue some virtual goods entirely, but we'll give you 60 days advance notice if that happens.
You can spend money on Coins & Pokeballs. We ain't giving you that money back. Oh, and the EU gives people refund rights in some cases. Not this one.
There seems to be a patch today which will reboot your app automatically when the servers go down.

Reply #17 Posted: July 14, 2016, 12:44:30 pm

Ash Ketchum quits his job and leaves home on his quest to become a Pokémon master.

What challenges will our heroes face along the way?

Tom Currie just wants to be the very best, like no one ever was.

The 24-year-old Aucklander has quit his job at a Hibiscus Coast cafe to travel around the country catching Pokémon on new app craze Pokémon Go.

Read more: http://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/aucklander-quits-job-for-pokemon-go-2016071316#ixzz4ELEOCb00
Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:17:58 pm by Apostrophe Spacemonkey

Reply #18 Posted: July 14, 2016, 01:15:42 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

As if their puny religion can stop Pokemon
https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/15/turkeys-union-of-imams-calls-for-pokemon-go-ban-in-the-country/
The head of Diyanet-Sen, Turkey’s union of imams, has raised concerns about Pokemon Go’s irreverence towards Islamic holy places such as mosques.

Reply #19 Posted: July 17, 2016, 06:04:56 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/apps/82063984/man-quits-job-to-travel-around-new-zealand-catching-pokemon
It's a mission that has attracted international media attention, and now gaming companies in the US are even offering Currie a new job as a professional Pokemon Go instructor.
This generation is fucked

Reply #20 Posted: July 18, 2016, 09:58:08 am

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/apps/82063984/man-quits-job-to-travel-around-new-zealand-catching-pokemon
It's a mission that has attracted international media attention, and now gaming companies in the US are even offering Currie a new job as a professional Pokemon Go instructor.
This generation is fucked

I have to laugh at some of the comments of people raging just because someone likes to play a video game.

This one says it all.
The majority of NZ is so caught up in sports like rugby which serve just as much purpose as Pokemon Go, yet they mock those that play computer games. Irony.

Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:57:39 pm by Apostrophe Spacemonkey

Reply #21 Posted: July 18, 2016, 03:53:39 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Well, that's not entirely true...
Rugby brings about physical fitness.
And the exciting possibility of brain damage.

Pokemon GO isn't nearly so rewarding to one's person.

Reply #22 Posted: July 18, 2016, 09:55:40 pm

lol, this guy

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/apps/82307545/pokemon-go-idea-not-new-say-app-creator-who-tried-five-years-ago
A Canterbury University professor claims to have nearly unleashed pokemania on the world five years ago – only in his version of the popular app, there were no pokeballs.

Professor Rob Lindeman has watched the spectacle of Pokemon Go unfold.

The success could have been all his. It nearly was.

Yeah, I don't think so.

There have probably been thousands of idea's for AR games.
But only Nintendo owns the rights to Pokémon.

Reply #23 Posted: July 21, 2016, 07:31:52 am

Offline Pyromanik

Indeed.

"Cool story bro."

Reply #24 Posted: July 21, 2016, 10:32:17 am