Topic: Rugby - This, That and Everything

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
Terrible defence in the second half :(

Reply #50 Posted: June 12, 2010, 09:51:17 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Godless;1277319
Terrible defence in the second half :(

You should call up talk back and state the obvious.

Reply #51 Posted: June 12, 2010, 10:48:12 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
That was such a shitty game. Turned it off after the first half. Came back at 60 minutes, and watched the rest. Poor grade stuff really. I mean the kneeing was ridiculous. The all blacks continually playing with ball on their line (to be fair they were 30+ ahead) really took any importance out of the game. Dagg was sharp. Smith brilliant. Carter classy. Other than that not too much to say. All the debutants in the forward pack were good, i though rokocoko was hungry coming in, when the ball really didn't go out to the wings, but i didn't really pay too much attention to the scrums and such.

All the same, with fifa wc on, i don't think anyone really cares too much about the abs atm. Such a low key build up in the media.

Also the defence really wasn't an issue, when you are pushing that many passes, you concede tries. Even on the goal line, didn't look like their mind was really on the task. People might say you need to show solidness even when you are running rampant, but thats just shit. The game opens up, you got a massive lead, just run the ball and have fun. I wouldn't take anything from this game, which the commentators reminded us about 20 times, was 14 vs 15 men.

On a side note, commenators say such utter garbage sometimes. Like when o'drisical got the ball at the start, and they were like " look at him go, he is such a ellusive runner", when he was just running behind his own defence.

Reply #52 Posted: June 12, 2010, 11:05:37 pm

Offline Mr_St1nky

• Addicted
  • Mr_St1nky has no influence.
I think there was a different attitude to the game when the ABs come out with the second half which was all about blooding the newbies.

Dagg was outstanding, he showed line-breaking abilities. Nearly everyone of his highlights involved him breaking the line and getting a good pass-off to put a man into space.

As for the game, once the send off happened then the sin-bin it was all over. Was very disappointing to see them switch off however, because do that in the tri-nations and the world cup (attention to France here especially) and you find yourself well behind. Would like to have seen them stay switched on and put a total up to challenge the Japan score or at least keep Ireland scoreless for that motivation on defence for the future against teams where you really need the confidence on defence.

Reply #53 Posted: June 12, 2010, 11:30:21 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Hard to read to much into the second half as we were so far ahead.

Dagg's début was the best I have seen from an All Black for a long time, outstanding

Reply #54 Posted: June 13, 2010, 10:19:31 am

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
  • xpertz has no influence.
Good game. You could see the intestity with the All Blacks dropped off after we were 30 points ahead (which is normal). If it was a closer game initially I'm sure Ireland wouldn't have scored that many points.

In short AllBlacks dominated. Scored 66 points which is 3 points more than thier previous record which is awesome!

Reply #55 Posted: June 13, 2010, 11:30:18 am
<on3.co.nz | CS 1.6 TOURNAMENT #1>EAC
[EAC] HcN.skytech :: This server requires the use of 32bit colour
HcN.skytech dropped
HcN.skytech has left the game

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
yah for all blacks winning and a giant LOL for aussie losing to the poms

Reply #56 Posted: June 20, 2010, 12:18:15 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Goldo

Much better performance tonight. A bit slow out of the blocks but held the Welsh out when they were pumped and hitting the line hard. The Welsh rush defence was problematic in the first half but as the Welsh tired the gaps opened up. Will definitely need to watch this v South Africa who have played a flat/rush defence us in the past.

Reply #57 Posted: June 20, 2010, 12:26:59 am

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
  • xpertz has no influence.
Yer Aussie was a big LOL. Matt Git missed 2 penalties at the end which would've won the game, lol at the one he missed righ in front like 15 metres out :/

Allblacks played well. Good defence, Corey at fullback was the best call of the night.

Reply #58 Posted: June 20, 2010, 01:59:24 pm
<on3.co.nz | CS 1.6 TOURNAMENT #1>EAC
[EAC] HcN.skytech :: This server requires the use of 32bit colour
HcN.skytech dropped
HcN.skytech has left the game

Offline Zenith

• Just settled in
  • Zenith has no influence.
Was a good game. Carter looking in better form.
Scrum seemed to go down a bit costing us penalties. Best way to get the new guys better at real scrums at a high level.
Could be worth getting tickets to see the hamilton game.

Reply #59 Posted: June 20, 2010, 02:11:46 pm
 (Until I find a current one...)

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Looks like cantab are getting SBW after all. Should be good for and nz rugby. Only shame is if he plays at centres, where will robbie fruean go.

Reply #60 Posted: June 23, 2010, 10:34:26 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
How about our under 19's . 63-17 against the aussies in the final of their tournament.

Nice work guys!

Now watch the goat shaggers in Canterbury steal the Wellington winger who was named player of the tournament  _p

Reply #61 Posted: June 23, 2010, 10:36:47 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Quote from: toofast;1281205
where will robbie fruean go.

back to wellington

or the highlanders

Reply #62 Posted: June 23, 2010, 10:46:41 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Anyone seen the Squad Selection?

All Blacks squad for Tri-Nations: Forwards: John Afoa (Auckland), Anthony Boric (North Harbour), Tom Donnelly (Otago), Corey Flynn (Canterbury), Ben Franks (Tasman), Owen Franks (Canterbury), Jerome Kaino (Auckland), Richie McCaw (capt - Canterbury), Keven Mealamu (Auckland), Liam Messam (Waikato), Kieran Read (Canterbury), Brad Thorn (Canterbury), Victor Vito (Wellington), Sam Whitelock (Canterbury), Tony Woodcock (North Harbour). Backs: Daniel Carter (Canterbury), Jimmy Cowan (Southland), Aaron Cruden (Manawatu), Israel Dagg (Hawke's Bay), Cory Jane (Wellington), Richard Kahui (Waikato), Mils Muliaina (Waikato), Ma'a Nonu (Wellington), Rene Ranger (Northland), Joe Rokocoko (Auckland), Conrad Smith (Wellington), Benson Stanley (Auckland), Piri Weepu (Wellington).

Not considered due to injury: Mike Delany (shoulder), Stephen Donald (shoulder), Jason Eaton (knee), Andrew Hore (shoulder), Sitiveni Sivivatu (shoulder), Isaia Toeava (hip) and Ali Williams (Achilles).

I back Henry as a coach, but fucken hell he needs to get over Joe Rokocoko, the guy is bloody useless. And instead of Guilford?GTFO.

Reply #63 Posted: June 27, 2010, 03:13:36 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: Hori;1282443
Anyone seen the Squad Selection?

All Blacks squad for Tri-Nations: Forwards: John Afoa (Auckland), Anthony Boric (North Harbour), Tom Donnelly (Otago), Corey Flynn (Canterbury), Ben Franks (Tasman), Owen Franks (Canterbury), Jerome Kaino (Auckland), Richie McCaw (capt - Canterbury), Keven Mealamu (Auckland), Liam Messam (Waikato), Kieran Read (Canterbury), Brad Thorn (Canterbury), Victor Vito (Wellington), Sam Whitelock (Canterbury), Tony Woodcock (North Harbour). Backs: Daniel Carter (Canterbury), Jimmy Cowan (Southland), Aaron Cruden (Manawatu), Israel Dagg (Hawke's Bay), Cory Jane (Wellington), Richard Kahui (Waikato), Mils Muliaina (Waikato), Ma'a Nonu (Wellington), Rene Ranger (Northland), Joe Rokocoko (Auckland), Conrad Smith (Wellington), Benson Stanley (Auckland), Piri Weepu (Wellington).

Not considered due to injury: Mike Delany (shoulder), Stephen Donald (shoulder), Jason Eaton (knee), Andrew Hore (shoulder), Sitiveni Sivivatu (shoulder), Isaia Toeava (hip) and Ali Williams (Achilles).

I back Henry as a coach, but fucken hell he needs to get over Joe Rokocoko, the guy is bloody useless. And instead of Guilford?GTFO.

Guilford is nothing really. Finishes tries and thats about it. Rokocoko can atleast create stuff. But i think cory jane is better than both of them. I wonder what ranger will do tho. Hes a bit erractic for test rugby, so i was surprised he was picked. Dagg is another guy who could be out on the wings, if mills goes back to fb.

Reply #64 Posted: June 27, 2010, 03:38:43 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Just got confirmation that I got my tickets for the pool games at Wellington.

You little ripper!!

Reply #65 Posted: July 02, 2010, 11:14:23 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Rene Ranger...the man, the myth, the legend.

Reply #66 Posted: September 04, 2010, 07:26:22 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Rene> SBWho

Reply #67 Posted: September 04, 2010, 09:26:41 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Now now kila I anticipate :) - Dan Carter, Sonny Bill, Rene Ranger, Cory Jane, Julian Savea, Israel Dagg.

Mean, maori, mean

Reply #68 Posted: September 04, 2010, 10:04:34 pm

Offline Goldo

Smith will be in the picture for quite some time yet and may well keep Ranger out long enough for someone new to arrive on the scene. Personally I find Ranger far too flaky.

Reply #69 Posted: September 07, 2010, 05:39:10 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Quote from: R3DM@N;1306096
Now now kila I anticipate :) - Dan Carter, Sonny Bill, Rene Ranger, Cory Jane, Julian Savea, Israel Dagg.

Mean, maori, mean

do you mean that you cantabrians are gonna poach ranger too lol

Auckland should think about getting Jared Payne back for Super14. He wont get anytime in the crusaders now that Dagg is moving down their

Reply #70 Posted: September 08, 2010, 08:15:02 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Quote from: maorifulla;1307698
do you mean that you cantabrians are gonna poach ranger too lol

Wouldn't surprise me.

Reply #71 Posted: September 08, 2010, 08:20:02 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
i hope so :P

Although I like Robbie Fruean

Reply #72 Posted: September 08, 2010, 10:45:26 am

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Quote from: toofast;1282447
I wonder what ranger will do tho. Hes a bit erractic for test rugby, so i was surprised he was picked.

Nonu used to be once upon a time, now he's the fucking man. I wonder if Ranger can be fixed.

Reply #73 Posted: September 08, 2010, 10:57:49 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: Menial;1307760
Quote from: toofast;1282447
I wonder what ranger will do tho. Hes a bit erractic for test rugby, so i was surprised he was picked.

Nonu used to be once upon a time, now he's the fucking man. I wonder if Ranger can be fixed.

I still think there are better number 12s then nonu. Nonu is a line breaker, who has built up an ok passing game over time. I still think toevea, if he ever sorts out his fumbling hands, would be a much better player. He has speed, step and fend needed to break the line, but is a much better distributor, and kicker than nonu. Also McAlister, if he ever gets a good run of football, could also be good enough to take the number 12 jersey. I think even dagg could be a good number 12, given the chance.

On ranger, he needs a space in the blues team first. He was hardly first pick in the team, he just got in on a injury chance, and made the most of his chances. I mean if he wants to play in the wings, he will have to beat out wulf and Tuitavake, who are no slouches (assuming joe gets the other wing slot). I can't see him make it in the centres, because its already a jam up as it is.

Reply #74 Posted: September 08, 2010, 11:19:33 am