Topic: Conspiracy Theories : You decide.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
I will go with the Engineers for 911.

It was all too convenient, and don't get me started on the Pentagon, the passenger lists, the passport that survived the incineration, the squibs, the dancing Israeli 'Arts Students', Larry Silverstein saying "we pulled it" (regarding building 7), the firemen hearing explosions, the 'maintenance' undertaken on the WTC buildings in the weeks prior and cetera

Reply #25 Posted: May 13, 2010, 06:36:38 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Crazy_Whitey

• Devoted Member
  • Crazy_Whitey has no influence.
More important things to worry about than what might have happened almost 10 years ago. Have fun wasting your life conspiring.

Reply #26 Posted: May 13, 2010, 06:39:34 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1264755
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1264728
he's wrong.

the building collapse makes sense easily. if you doubt just build 100 story building and fly a plane into it. you'll see

I disagree, especially since the building was designed to withstand impact from airplanes, and other, correlatory evidence, but that's the nature of these things...some people buy the official story and others are more suspect.

Put it this way, if the conspiracy theories I have seen were what was officially claimed to have actually happened, all the conspiracy theorists would be having a field day with the stories and claiming that the official line was unbelievable.

It's the same as religious people. They all keen to debunk one claim, but never seem to have a problem with what they're proposing as an alternative being ridiculous. The ability of humans to firmly believe the patently absurd is something I never get used to.

Reply #27 Posted: May 13, 2010, 06:54:42 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1264758

It was all too convenient, and don't get me started on the Pentagon, the passenger lists, the passport that survived the incineration, the squibs, the dancing Israeli 'Arts Students', Larry Silverstein saying "we pulled it" (regarding building 7), the firemen hearing explosions, the 'maintenance' undertaken on the WTC buildings in the weeks prior and cetera

Buildings of that size are probably under constant maintenance.

And I doubt any amount of money would be enough to keep quiet hundreds of Americans who were supposedly in on this conspiracy to kill thousands of Americans.

Reply #28 Posted: May 13, 2010, 06:55:08 pm

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
most of the people in on it were probably on the plane

Reply #29 Posted: May 13, 2010, 06:58:52 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
the building was designed to withstand impact from airplanes

wtf? People expect to be hit by airplanes these days?

Reply #30 Posted: May 13, 2010, 06:59:39 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Ultrarandom;1264724
The plane hit towards the top yet the building fell like a planned demolition.

It might be because civil engineers thought about worse case scenarios when building it. So rather than have it fall in some uncontrolled way, killing everyone around the building (while thoroughly convincing them that a plane did hit it), they made it fall in a controlled manner.

Also designed to be hit by airplanes, doesn't mean it will work. When you make things that big, your models always go a bit out of whack. There are pretty cool videos on youtube about them making the new airbus (massive new airplane), and you see how when they are working with such massive structures, nothing goes to plan.

Not to mention, just because something is designed one way, doesn't mean it gets built that way. A lot of stuff will get changed on the floor, usually when its well out of the engineers hands.

Reply #31 Posted: May 13, 2010, 07:10:58 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Just like things that are called "bullet proof'" and "fire proof", they aren't actually immune to bullets or fire.

Reply #32 Posted: May 13, 2010, 07:17:31 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: toofast;1264783

Not to mention, just because something is designed one way, doesn't mean it gets built that way. A lot of stuff will get changed on the floor, usually when its well out of the engineers hands.

Of course it is built the way it is designed. You are talking about the tallest building in the world ( at the time of build) do you think they just changed the structure as it was going up? LOL

Reply #33 Posted: May 13, 2010, 07:21:45 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bell;1264789
Just like things that are called "bullet proof'" and "fire proof", they aren't actually immune to bullets or fire.

what? yes they are, arn't they?

A bullet proof vest will stop a bullet ( well obviously not larger rounds) from penetrating you, and I thought fireproof meant it wouldn't ignite, Just get really hot and get scorched D:

Reply #34 Posted: May 13, 2010, 07:22:58 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: `Kayne;1264794
Quote from: Bell;1264789

A bullet proof vest will stop a bullet ( well obviously not larger rounds) from penetrating you, and I thought fireproof meant it wouldn't ignite, Just get really hot and get scorched D:

Very rarely will the word 'fireproof' actually get used.

You will see 'fire retardant' used in almost every description. Even 'bulletproof' vests aren't called bulletproof. They come with disclaimers stating "This garment was not designed to prevent gunfire, sharp objects or explosions".

Reply #35 Posted: May 13, 2010, 07:28:51 pm

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
  • Virus. has no influence.
This will have to be my all time favourite conspiracy:

The beatles never broke up

The story made up after what was clearly someones fantasy/dream is pure awesome.

Reply #36 Posted: May 13, 2010, 07:36:21 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1264793
Quote from: toofast;1264783

Of course it is built the way it is designed. You are talking about the tallest building in the world ( at the time of build) do you think they just changed the structure as it was going up? LOL

I am not talking about massive overhauls to the structure, more the way joints or parts may be specified. I am not saying it definitely happened, but it easily can. I have seen it happen before, where the contractors will see a easier way of doing something, and decide to do it that way, because they didn't fully understand how the part was used.

Reply #37 Posted: May 13, 2010, 07:44:00 pm

Offline Pe_Pa_Possum

• Just settled in
  • Pe_Pa_Possum has no influence.
from http://architecture.about.com/od/disastersandcollapses/a/twintowerfall.htm

"Jet fuel burns at 800° to 1500°F. This is not hot enough to melt structural steel. However, engineers say that for the World Trade Center towers to collapse, their steel frames didn't need to melt, they just had to lose some of their structural strength. Steel will lose about half its strength at 1,200 degrees F. The steel will also become distorted when heat is not a uniform temperature. "

I suppose the architects / engineers designed for the plane hitting the building, but maybe not the fuel burning?

Reply #38 Posted: May 13, 2010, 07:59:28 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1264770
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1264758

Buildings of that size are probably under constant maintenance.

And I doubt any amount of money would be enough to keep quiet hundreds of Americans who were supposedly in on this conspiracy to kill thousands of Americans.

This is bang on.

If there was people in on it and paid to shut up, there would people willing to pay more to tell the truth. Someone would confess, real evidence as opposed to dancing students and a passport which didn't get burned.

Quote from: `Kayne;1264776
the building was designed to withstand impact from airplanes

Only if you are jogging on the beach listening to your iPod.

Quote from: `Kayne;1264794

A plane proof building will stop a plane (well obviously not larger jumbo jets) from penetrating you.

Reply #39 Posted: May 13, 2010, 08:00:37 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Conspiracy theorists and religious nuts sound the same because they are.

They are the intellectual equivilents of low watt bulbs.

Logical explanations scare them because in answering one question, logic poses other more frightening riddles.

Reply #40 Posted: May 13, 2010, 08:31:50 pm

Offline tre

• I Posted!
  • tre has no influence.
Quote from: DeeUnit;1264671
Theories.
So's gravity, evolution and relativity. You saying there's no truth in these either?

Quote from: `Kayne;1264776
Of course. Since 1945 when a plane accidentally hit the Empire State Building (which didn't fall down, despite being built with 50 year old technology compared to WTC) because of poor weather, all buildings over 54 stories in the USA are designed to withstand earthquakes, high winds, and planes. Most in the rest of the world probably are too.

Reply #41 Posted: May 13, 2010, 08:41:21 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: tre;1264848
Of course. Since 1945 when a plane accidentally hit the Empire State Building (which didn't fall down, despite being built with 50 year old technology compared to WTC) because of poor weather, all buildings over 54 stories in the USA are designed to withstand earthquakes, high winds, and planes. Most in the rest of the world probably are too.

It was also a much smaller plane.

Reply #42 Posted: May 13, 2010, 09:00:32 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
This thread is about conspiracy theories in general, not 9/11.

For discussion on 9/11 go here:

http://forums.getsome.co.nz/index.php/topic,52492.0.html

or here:

http://forums.getsome.co.nz/index.php/topic,15112.0.html

Reply #43 Posted: May 13, 2010, 09:07:22 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Or continue discussing it here, in this thread, which I started, is current and deals with Conspiracy Theories, including 911.

Here's an interesting link, which is worth looking at if you're at all interested in informed opinions rather than those of a rag-tag of gamers:

http://cms.ae911truth.org/

Reply #44 Posted: May 13, 2010, 09:11:59 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Crazy_Whitey

• Devoted Member
  • Crazy_Whitey has no influence.
I'd much rather listen to "rag-tag" gamers than some nutjob.

Reply #45 Posted: May 13, 2010, 09:48:38 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
How about Paul's ears

Reply #46 Posted: May 13, 2010, 10:39:46 pm

Offline Stephens

• Addicted
  • Stephens has no influence.
consider the impact of 2 boeing 747's hurtling into 2 seperate buildings

be enough to bring me down

Reply #47 Posted: May 13, 2010, 11:46:56 pm
- For Teh Horde -

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1264580
9/11 is one of the conspiracy theories that has legs,
Like Heather Mills. But seriously, produce ONE person (out of the cast of thousands) who was involved. Surely there is SOMEONE out there who has a conscience and want's to get it off their chest?

Reply #48 Posted: May 14, 2010, 06:46:01 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Don't be silly. Everyone knows the government will just shoot them before they can talk.
And when they do so anonymously, they just attribute it to crazy conspiracy theories.

Reply #49 Posted: May 14, 2010, 11:02:01 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.