Topic: Titanfall General Chat

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Those AU servers are "coming soon" please note.. Currently closest Azure POP is Singapore.. Which for latency purposes is about the same as California..

Reply #50 Posted: January 27, 2014, 11:13:58 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Wow, so there is no Azure in NZ?!?   >:(

We can access Azure.. but there is no Azure content hosted in NZ (or currently even in Australia). Just like we have no AWS, Rackspace, or pretty much any global hosting/IAAS/cloud providers.. We're just not big enough market, and hosting is painfully expensive here compared to offshore. We do have some onshore IAAS/Cloud hosting that's purely targeted at Enterprise, but that's really a different kettle of fish.

Reply #51 Posted: January 27, 2014, 11:21:41 am

Offline Keeps

• I Posted!
  • Keeps has no influence.
If that's the case and that coming soon sign doesn't become a reality before the launch of Titanfall then it sounds like it will flop in NZ. But surely something will come to be, at least for Sydney. Otherwise xbox will have one very unhappy and notably quite large market that is Australia.... Surely.....

Hmmm doesn't sound at all to promising at this stage. But I will live in hope and faith right till the dying end. Then again, that having been said, still no preorder from my camp....
Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:49:02 pm by Keeps

Reply #52 Posted: January 27, 2014, 05:41:44 pm

Offline gliss

• Just settled in
  • gliss has no influence.
Titanfall, the mech-based multiplayer game from Respawn Entertainment, will feature dedicated servers and local support for Australian players, the company’s community manager confirmed with games.on.net at E3 today.
taken from http://games.on.net/2013/06/titanfall-confirms-dedicated-servers-local-australian-support-read-our-e3-impressions/ so depends how you interperet that sentance whether its dedi server and local support in aus or the has dedicated servers, oh and there will be local support in Australia.... looking into this now.

Reply #53 Posted: January 28, 2014, 09:05:56 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Titanfall, the mech-based multiplayer game from Respawn Entertainment, will feature dedicated servers and local support for Australian players, the company’s community manager confirmed with games.on.net at E3 today.
taken from http://games.on.net/2013/06/titanfall-confirms-dedicated-servers-local-australian-support-read-our-e3-impressions/ so depends how you interperet that sentance whether its dedi server and local support in aus or the has dedicated servers, oh and there will be local support in Australia.... looking into this now.

I can tell you now Gliss, it's local support, and dedicated servers.

The server hosting is as has already been discussed, and EA is localised in Aus for Aus/NZ - we now have a disty only in NZ, but fortunately it's the same guys who work for that disty that worked for EA when they had local support here. Either way, we'll be damned sure we're close to the source of any goings on through our Get Some contacts  8)

Reply #54 Posted: January 29, 2014, 02:34:09 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I want to kiss you on the mouth.

In other news: whats the best way to preorder to get beta? Origin?

Reply #55 Posted: January 29, 2014, 08:49:07 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
I want to kiss you on the mouth.

In other news: whats the best way to preorder to get beta? Origin?

THIS ^^^

Great news about the servers :)

Reply #56 Posted: January 29, 2014, 09:01:37 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Just had a meeting with the EA guys. The beta will be 100% open. No need to order if you don't want to - they have confidence and a lot of money behind this game. It's going to be a CoD killer they're predicting.

*crosses fingers*............ again...........

Reply #57 Posted: January 29, 2014, 02:33:18 pm

Offline gliss

• Just settled in

The server hosting is as has already been discussed, and EA is localised in Aus for Aus/NZ - we now have a disty only in NZ, but fortunately it's the same guys who work for that disty that worked for EA when they had local support here. Either way, we'll be damned sure we're close to the source of any goings on through our Get Some contacts  8)

Nice Arsey. My Hype rating is over 9000!!!!..... (best not let me down:)) but good to know. I had every confidence they would have at least Aussie servers but thanks for the confirmation.
Just had a meeting with the EA guys. The beta will be 100% open. No need to order if you don't want to - they have confidence and a lot of money behind this game. It's going to be a CoD killer they're predicting.

*crosses fingers*............ again...........

I hope it is the weekend of the 14th, wife is away so game on all weekend.

Reply #58 Posted: January 29, 2014, 06:54:20 pm

Offline Keeps

• I Posted!

Reply #59 Posted: January 30, 2014, 08:37:32 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.

Reply #60 Posted: January 31, 2014, 12:01:26 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Hey look on the bright side - at least they've saved us the money of buying it.

Reply #61 Posted: January 31, 2014, 12:04:17 am

Offline Keeps

• I Posted!
I'm ACTUALLY so disappointed to read that...  :(

And to think that they had the Audacity and cunning to come to Australia and do this.

Titanfall presentation - Abbie Heppe, Respawn Community Manager

I wonder how many pre orders they got.
Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:15:25 am by Keeps

Reply #62 Posted: January 31, 2014, 12:15:47 am

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
Bullshit!

I was excited. So Lame

Reply #63 Posted: January 31, 2014, 07:39:52 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Yet another very promising title arsefucked before release for us.

Will still try the beta to see how playable it is, but any chances of me preordering have gone

Reply #64 Posted: January 31, 2014, 09:09:08 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
I hate to say "I told you so" but.. "I told you so!!!"

Reply #65 Posted: January 31, 2014, 09:45:42 am

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

If anyone wants to test their ping to the Azure servers

http://azurespeedtest.azurewebsites.net/

Post your results...

Reply #66 Posted: January 31, 2014, 12:10:23 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

This is from work.

Data Center   Average Latency
Content Delivery Network *   96ms
West US                                   243ms
Southeast Asia                           276ms
East Asia                                   293ms
North Central US                   294ms
South Central US                   297ms
East US                                   302ms
North Europe                           442ms
West Europe                           462ms

Reply #67 Posted: January 31, 2014, 01:30:30 pm

Offline gliss

• Just settled in

Lies!!!!!  :'(

Reply #68 Posted: January 31, 2014, 04:46:01 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
If anyone wants to test their ping to the Azure servers

http://azurespeedtest.azurewebsites.net/

Post your results...

SNAP from AKL.

Content Delivery Network *   74ms
East Asia   208ms
West US   214ms
Southeast Asia   228ms
South Central US   253ms
East US   267ms
North Central US   289ms
West Europe   331ms
North Europe   350ms

Reply #69 Posted: January 31, 2014, 08:14:52 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Snap VDSL chch

Content Delivery Network *   63ms
West US   205ms
East Asia   214ms
Southeast Asia   237ms
South Central US   244ms
North Central US   261ms
East US   270ms
North Europe   355ms
West Europe   357ms

Reply #70 Posted: January 31, 2014, 08:15:32 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Call me cynical, but I think we've seen a lot of excitement for AAA titles that have just ended in farcical disappointment in recent years.

And that must make keeping things like this going even harder. You should be commended.   

Reply #71 Posted: January 31, 2014, 11:26:07 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/05/windows-azure-in-australia-everything-you-need-to-know/

Relevant to your interests:

When will the centre open? Nadella wouldn’t commit to a specific date. “There is no specific date set as yet. We have to announce our intent and then the projects get on the way.” With that said, it’s likely to be before the end of 2014: “Historically, within 12-18 months of an announcement we’ve been in that geography.”

That was in May 2013. 

Reply #72 Posted: January 31, 2014, 11:41:11 pm

Offline Speakman

Will believe it when I see it.

No sale until functional.

Reply #73 Posted: February 01, 2014, 05:29:38 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator

Lies!!!!!  :'(

No, I said local support (which it has out of both Aus and NZ), and dedicated servers (just the location of those servers is the issue...).

I am actively talking to the EA guys about this, and the local NZ disty as well. The good news is at least that the problem will be a giant one for Australia as well given the cable connection to Singapore is via Western Australia, so the ping time let alone the performance for anyone on the Eastern Border of Aus will be a giant clusterfuck. Of course, that just means it will be an even more giant, shall we say, titanic clusterfuck for us...

Reply #74 Posted: February 01, 2014, 10:20:24 am