Topic: Assetto Corsa

Offline HandofBlood

• Just settled in
  • HandofBlood has no influence.
Any of you sim racers here palying/lookin forward to this?

Possibly reignite the IRT days would be awesome, was mad jelly back in the day hearing you guys racing like once a week back in the days.

Posted: January 21, 2014, 09:38:12 pm
i5-4670K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z87 Extreme4 | 8GB Corsair Dominator | EVGA/Asus GeForce GTX 680  SLi | 250GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Corsair AX860i PSU | NZXT Phantom White

Offline Hazard

• Addicted
  • Hazard has no influence.
I'm keeping an eye on it, looks impressive. Also rFactor 2 and Project CARS looks very promising.

I still race GTR2, just at a LAN at my Dad's place. I've set up 4 simulator and have virtual race meetings with a bunch of mates every few weeks. It's bloody good fun, but I do miss the larger grids.

I'm hoping the new generation of games will have LAN support so I can get run them on the simulators as the internet is crap where they are now. If not, I'll have to find a space for it at home and find/start some online series.

Reply #1 Posted: January 22, 2014, 12:30:01 am

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
Ye I miss the days of IRT as well, had some good racing with decent sized field. Just recently being thinking of getting back into sim racing, just having a hard time source the wheel I want to get, but once that is done I am going to get back into it.

Reply #2 Posted: January 27, 2014, 06:28:53 pm

Offline Hazard

• Addicted
Anyone here end up getting Assetto Corsa? I picked it up the other day and love it! Really looking forward to the finished product now.

I've done a few online races, but the collision detection with high ping players is shit, to be expect being in Alpha I guess. Keen to find some local drivers to race against if anyone is playing it.

Reply #3 Posted: May 23, 2014, 02:45:40 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Yeah I picked this up, loving it as well. Started with xbox controller, ended up grabbing a Driving Force GT as a starting wheel.

Reply #4 Posted: May 23, 2014, 03:06:59 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Hazard

• Addicted
Yeah you really need a wheel to do the game justice.

I finally had a race last night with people that didn't have 300+ ms pings. Was actually really good. The booking system is complete shit though. I can see their idea and I guess it does have some merits, but currently it just doesn't work that well.

Reply #5 Posted: May 29, 2014, 04:41:48 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Been hooning the GP2 2014 series mod a heap, these cars are fun as all hell to drive if you are in to single seaters

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fcm-gp2-2014-season.2730/

Reply #6 Posted: August 05, 2014, 07:01:19 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
Now that project cars is out, anyone interested in the odd social night with some project cars or asseto corsa?

Reply #7 Posted: May 23, 2015, 12:48:28 pm

Offline Hazard

• Addicted
I'd be pretty keen on an AC race here and there. Can't commit to anything serious at this stage as I have a 3 week old baby at home, so time is a bit limited these days. But would be good to have the odd sprint race with some local drivers.

Reply #8 Posted: June 01, 2015, 12:48:03 am