Topic: [BUG] Buying T rounds

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.
As many know there is an option to buy a traitor round in the point shop however this is a bit glitchy and I recommend that it be removed for the time being. This bug does not show any effects until the game has ended and the scores are being tallied. When the round is over the person(s) buying a T round are treated as innocent by the game and therefore lose points. Can be seen when pressing C at the end of a game and then going to the scores tab. It does not do any other damage to the player's status apart from lowering his score but I just wanted to point this out in case it gets overlooked when a new feature is added etc.
Also what is happening with the karma?

Thank you
 -M

Posted: June 21, 2014, 08:53:33 am

Offline Quantum

• Quantum has no influence.
This bug was known when I decided to implement it. Basically TTT randomly picks the traitors at the start of the round using a percentage of 0.25 however I have capped the maximum amount if traitors at 9. So when you purchase traitor round then it simply hooks the start of the round and makes you a traitor.

But because it had already assigned you a type the game scores your performance based of the initial type you were spawned as. So if you were picked as an innocent then purchased traitor it would award you as if you were innocent.

Karma is currently half disabled while I work on it. It still displays karma but it gets reset every round if you don't rdm / damage anyone this is called a clean round and re bases your karma back too 1000. I am currently deciding if I should completely remove karma and just use the point scoring system so if you rdm you lose a set amount of points if you do the right thing then you are awarded points.

Then the points you gain will unlock more credit for you to use in the traitor / detective menus for example 25 points = 1 credit. Point-Shop credits will still be awarded based on time played.

Also CS:S and De map's have been removed because `Kayne told me nobody had them. You need at least one source game to play Garrys Mod properly and CS:S has all the maps and textures, some maps rarely include Portal 2 or Hl2 textures.
Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:52:21 pm by Quantum

Reply #1 Posted: June 22, 2014, 05:38:40 pm