Topic: GetSome TF2 Newsletter #4 - September 2014

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Hello again!

Who would of thought its already been a month since my last rant. I am pretty sure the older you get the faster time goes. remember that kids :P

Well the next school holidays are 5 school days away, YAY.... Who is looking forward to them?
The team haven't planned anything for these holidays, but that doesn't mean we won't be doing mini games and the likes.

For those that didn't know, GetSome have pulled out of the DNZ LAN. So those of you that planned to meet up with some of the bosses, there might be the odd one or two. I am still going, so send me a message if you are and we'll catch up. As for the GetSome LAN side of it, there might be something in the works of our own, but we will have to wait and see on that one.

And down to business....

As most of you may have read in the last couple of newsletters, I mentioned a !call command for reporting and getting the attention of an admin.
I have implemented something a little different, but works much the same for us. You can type /report in most servers and it will pop up a menu system so you can report on any issues or cheating on the servers. It sends us all the info we need, including a reply by Private message, if we wish to reply to your complaint. This system will be rolled out on all TF2 servers eventually.

I have noticed the servers have all picked up lately, which is fantastic to see. There are some basic issues going on that people may or need to know about. I have listed these in no specific order..

1. Hale capping. On the Saxton Hale servers people say not to cap and give others crap for doing it. If there was a no capping rule, we would not allow capping of the point. It appears that some people don't quite understand that one, and try and enforce a no capping rule, that does not exist.

2. Mic Spam. This is beginning to get worse. We know some servers attract the younger generation, and that brings singing and swearing on the mic. Personally if I hear a child swearing on the mic, I tell them to stop, if they don't then they get muted. The same goes for singing or playing music. It is not allowed.
There is no need for it and I would like to keep it clean. The admin team also know this is to be enforced.

3. 1v1 or 2v2. On some servers that have lower numbers at times, there have been users telling people to leave, because they are having a duel. This is not acceptable behavior. One of our admins got asked to leave the other day due to this happening. He put them in place, and they all left. I was not impressed by this type of behavior at all.

4. When you need an admin, ask in chat if there's an admin on. Or use /report. Don't tell one that may be in your friends list. This wastes their time coming on to sort out an issue when someone may already be on.

Now back to reality..
You may of noticed MvM Machine Attacks is online. There are 2 servers for this as there seems to be a great demand for it. There has been great feedback and also some negative, usually against the way the creator has written the story line. I would like to point out that we cannot do much about this. Just be thankful that someone has gone to the effort of making something different for MvM that you can play.
Episode 7 came out last week, ahead of its scheduled date of xmas, so we may still see another episode released before the year is out, we will see.

Every now and then you might see a popup server on the servers list, this is a trial server and is used for testing of potential modes that could be implemented in the future. They will not be up as full-time servers unless there is demand for it, but possibly up in the weekends.
This popup server could have anything playing, Hidden, Robot destruction, Jailbreak, DeathRun or PropHunt. just to name a few...

PayLoad is now back on its own, as a 24/7 server. I felt there needed to be some balance to our game modes available. The same could be done for arena koth or cp, but there needs to be a demand for it.

Stats Time!!!
General: 3214 (22029)
MvM: 5450 (18505)
Trade: 6208 (23753)
Hale: 3920 (12825)

Now These numbers are hard to judge because the update a couple of weeks ago had changed the way steam ID's are made.
From tonight, I am resetting the stats. Back to 0 they go.

And now the last of the new admins to our awesome team. You may already be aware of them, but I will tell you anyway.
Gruntley, Aussie, Happy Cabbage, and IamThirstyGirl.
As we are no longer taking new applications, any applications posted will be put aside until we ever need more. Do not feel we have ignored you, it's just we don't need them at the moment!

Right that's me done and dusted. See you next month!

Gutty
GetSome TF2 Head Administrator

Posted: September 21, 2014, 11:16:18 pm