Topic: Adding/removing maps from Hale 1

Offline Mr. MeltingPineapple

• I Posted!
  • Mr. MeltingPineapple has no influence.
So been playing quite a bit of hale lately and i think some changes to the maps/map rotation would be nice.

So first off, a couple maps to add, they are all vanilla so you do not have to worry about downloading any:

arena_sawmill
arena_lumberyard
arena_granary
vsh_west
vsh_spotline_reworked

Maps to remove and why:

Livingroom: The map is too big and dosnt fit our current timer so its really difficult even for experienced hales to win the round.

Convoy: There are just too many bugs that need to be fixed and the physics on it are really bad and again, make it very hard for hale to win.

Barnight: This map is wayyy too dark i mean, you can hardly see anything especially if the hale is coming to attack you.

Ill have a think on any other maps that can be added or removed. This is all also not just me speaking but most of the regulars on the server. Thanks! -Treble  :)

Posted: October 19, 2014, 08:27:40 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
this goes for both hales i'm assuming?

Reply #1 Posted: October 20, 2014, 12:57:18 pm

Offline Mr. MeltingPineapple

• I Posted!
  • Mr. MeltingPineapple has no influence.
I would say only add those maps to hale 1 and remove the maps I suggested for both.

Reply #2 Posted: October 20, 2014, 03:55:46 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
roger

Reply #3 Posted: October 20, 2014, 04:41:10 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
*removed those maps for both servers
*added the 3 arena maps to the cycle on both, the two vsh maps are already on the cycle. plus most other arena maps.

I added them to both because they both run the same maps. the rtv voting makes the maps scramble so you may not see what you want next.

I am just about tempted to turn off rtv for hale as its always used.
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:29:23 pm by Gutty

Reply #4 Posted: October 20, 2014, 05:25:36 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
will Hale 2 have stay the same because I really like Bark night and living room :'(

Reply #5 Posted: October 28, 2014, 10:43:08 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
So been playing quite a bit of hale lately and i think some changes to the maps/map rotation would be nice.

So first off, a couple maps to add, they are all vanilla so you do not have to worry about downloading any:

arena_sawmill
arena_lumberyard
arena_granary
vsh_west
vsh_spotline_reworked

Maps to remove and why:

Livingroom: The map is too big and dosnt fit our current timer so its really difficult even for experienced hales to win the round.

Convoy: There are just too many bugs that need to be fixed and the physics on it are really bad and again, make it very hard for hale to win.

Barnight: This map is wayyy too dark i mean, you can hardly see anything especially if the hale is coming to attack you.

Ill have a think on any other maps that can be added or removed. This is all also not just me speaking but most of the regulars on the server. Thanks! -Treble  :)

This is fair enough but I really like barn and living room. I never really found any problems trying to kill people on living room ;D and to deal with the darkness on barnight I just adjusted my brightness and contrast  :) :)

Also thank you from removing convoy  :)

Reply #6 Posted: October 28, 2014, 10:47:10 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
hi pigdog

recently I enabled PH maps to be used within hale. so you might see a lot more maps being played. I mixed them up good and proper.

get on there and check them out.

Reply #7 Posted: October 28, 2014, 10:55:30 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
Thanks Gutty :)

Reply #8 Posted: October 30, 2014, 11:49:16 am