Topic: Diogenes - AKA Rii's m-ITX Build.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Card has had another $30 taken off it. $599. Will have it early next week.

Reply #175 Posted: June 20, 2015, 07:20:09 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
All snug as a bug in a rug -

Reply #176 Posted: June 25, 2015, 12:29:26 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Nice, but that pic just reinforces how much mini cases do not do it for me :-)

Reply #177 Posted: June 25, 2015, 12:44:36 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Theres still room for cable tying to clean it up. I kind of rushed the GPU install as I was in between unpacking stuff in my new place.

Idle temps are - CPU - 22.C, GPU - 25.C. Haven't had time to stress test it yet.

Next purchase will be trying to source replacement braided power cables to allow for more cable flexibility.

Also need to do something about the push/pull set up with the AIO fan and the chassis fan next to it. Might be a rainy day exercise.

Reply #178 Posted: June 25, 2015, 03:01:19 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Nice, but that pic just reinforces how much mini cases do not do it for me :-)

M-Itx cases are the best, trying to stuff all the performance you can in a tight box and keep it up longer then 10min :)

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af133/mayheml33/IMG_2305_zpsc9eb9ac1.jpg
Diogenes - AKA Rii's m-ITX Build.

Reply #179 Posted: June 25, 2015, 03:04:00 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

That would have been the case I would have gone for I think, had it not been for the Ncase. I just didn't want a side panel, and the PSU was a bit on the weak side - but I learnt that PSU's have come along away, they're even less about the wattage than they use to be. When I built my last PC about 3 - 4 years ago, it was in the height of 1000 - 1200w PSU's. Now it seems to be more about the quality of power, not the quantity and that 450w PSU the EVGA case has will power a beastie, single GPU system.

Reply #180 Posted: June 25, 2015, 03:09:12 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
That would have been the case I would have gone for I think, had it not been for the Ncase. I just didn't want a side panel, and the PSU was a bit on the weak side - but I learnt that PSU's have come along away, they're even less about the wattage than they use to be. When I built my last PC about 3 - 4 years ago, it was in the height of 1000 - 1200w PSU's. Now it seems to be more about the quality of power, not the quantity and that 450w PSU the EVGA case has will power a beastie, single GPU system.

It runs a 500W Gold class psu able to run Nvidia titans :) N Case is nice I approve gives a bit more flexibility with water-cooling, but then that's also why they have a Hydro version vs the Air I have used.

Reply #181 Posted: June 25, 2015, 03:15:23 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
So details on finished build are you getting all the frames and eye candy that you seek?

Reply #182 Posted: June 30, 2015, 01:20:29 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Ive only JUST had VDSL turned on at the new place (today), will upgrade to fibre in a few weeks as I have consent from the neighbour who shares our driveway and from the landlord. So I've only just been able to start re-stocking my games library.

Over the weekend I found a Crysis 3 back-up. I was running it on high settings, god damn this is still a gorgeous game. I'm not running any updates on it, and am still using the driver that came with the card, but I was getting anywhere between 60 - 80FPS on 1080p res. Over the next week I'll be testing some new titles on it to see how it goes, but for now, under Crysis 3, it was 65.C on load and making me grin from ear to ear.

One day down the track, when I'm feeling rich and wanting to spend my money on something, I might transplant it into an ATX case and pick up an ATX board so I can SLI the 970.

Reply #183 Posted: June 30, 2015, 02:18:48 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
New Graphics card for you bot http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=24826 or me once i do an upgrade.

Hows the rig been tardo?

Reply #184 Posted: August 15, 2015, 11:53:31 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
That graphics card is almost as expensive as my computer...

Reply #185 Posted: August 15, 2015, 01:17:01 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

New Graphics card for you bot http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=24826 or me once i do an upgrade.

Hows the rig been tardo?

BAJEEZUS.

Rig has been a dream.

There's a thread over at GP where 2 guys have been suffering from horrific noise from their ASUS 970GTX Turbo OC. Mine has been a saint.

However I've been watching a lot of custom-loop water cooling vids lately and it's got me chomping at the bit for a full-sized case so I can have a crack at it.

Reply #186 Posted: August 15, 2015, 08:37:46 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
Why do you want full size case with WC loop? Sure its fun to build but then its a pain looking after it all and gets boring once built. +going to a monster case from the M1?

Reply #187 Posted: August 15, 2015, 11:53:33 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I think it's the romantic notion of buying the tools, materials and building the loop myself.

Reply #188 Posted: August 16, 2015, 09:02:50 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
It's is incredibly satisfying building something from the ground up and using it every day.

Reply #189 Posted: August 16, 2015, 09:43:13 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
I think it's the romantic notion of buying the tools, materials and building the loop myself.

Page 173 http://www.overclock.net/t/1465848/official-evga-hadron-air-owners-club/1720 for eye candy

Reply #190 Posted: August 17, 2015, 12:52:23 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in

Page 173 http://www.overclock.net/t/1465848/official-evga-hadron-air-owners-club/1720 for eye candy

Mmmm that is one sexy computer. Where those glass tubes for the water cooling?

Reply #191 Posted: August 17, 2015, 02:36:03 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Reply #192 Posted: August 17, 2015, 03:25:15 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
They look awesome. I'm going to go for that look when I build.

Reply #193 Posted: August 17, 2015, 04:15:46 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I've been binge watching Linus Tech Tips (don't really like him but he has tons of cash to do some awesome projects with) and Singularity Computers on YouChewbs like mad and I think I might try and fit a custom loop into the Ncase. It's built for WC with pipe holes in the chassis. If I run a water block on my GPU it will free up a lot of space and wont need as many chassis fans.

Watch this space for Diogenes' custom loop. 

So far I think I'll go for elbow joins to loop up the acrylic tubing instead of a heat gun and bending with silicon noodles. The chrome bends (or even matt black if I can source them) look sexy as hell. Running the rad externally will be key.

Much excite.

Reply #194 Posted: August 18, 2015, 01:32:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

There's a lot that can be done with the Ncase: http://www.overclock.net/t/1537967/build-log-nctekm1-ncase-m1-dual-radiator-watercooling

That reservoir is purpose built for the Ncase M1. And the pump this guy is running is a CPU block/pump combo which is powering a dual 240mm rad and a GPU block as well.

So I think I might follow this guy's build but just start off with a CPU loop first to see how I go and then open up the loop later on and add my GPU to it.

Reply #195 Posted: August 18, 2015, 03:23:39 pm