Red Peak
3 (15.8%)
The current one
13 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Topic: THe Flag thread.

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Ive already started flying my all blacks flag. Because I care :p

Reply #25 Posted: September 01, 2015, 11:45:18 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Just use an enlarged version of the new $20 note.

It's already got the Queen on it. Sorted.

Or good old Edmund Hillary

Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:57:44 am by Plain old Spacemonkey

Reply #26 Posted: September 01, 2015, 11:49:49 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
The 1st and the 3rd ones are shit because they look like fucking logos. 4th looks like the MLB logo.

Voted for option 2, but with seething disdain because this whole cluster-fuck is an exorbitant waste of money and an exercise in misdirection.

Fuck you National faggots.

Reply #27 Posted: September 01, 2015, 01:02:38 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Nothing to do with National really, there has been a debate about a flag for years. Even Labour has as part of their policy to review the design of the New Zealand flag, they're just jealous now because they wont be the ones doing it.

How is it a waste of money? You don't think a country has the right to choose what its flag looks like?

Reply #28 Posted: September 01, 2015, 01:18:53 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Nothing to do with National really, there has been a debate about a flag for years. Even Labour has as part of their policy to review the design of the New Zealand flag, they're just jealous now because they wont be the ones doing it.

How is it a waste of money? You don't think a country has the right to choose what its flag looks like?

NZ gangs are fundraising to feed poverty stricken kids in schools.

National: "Lets drop a couple of dozen mill on a flag!".

Reply #29 Posted: September 01, 2015, 01:26:00 pm

Online Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Variety appears to be somewhat lacking.

Please choose from one of the following:
- a fern with stars
- a slightly different fern with stars
- a fern without stars
- oops we swirled up the fern without stars

Reply #30 Posted: September 01, 2015, 02:18:57 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Variety appears to be somewhat lacking.

Please choose from one of the following:
- a fern with stars
- a slightly different fern with stars
- a fern without stars
- oops we swirled up the fern without stars

I don't think it really matters, the fern with stars has been a clear favourite for a while now (based on polls). None of the other designs really stood a chance.

Reply #31 Posted: September 02, 2015, 09:54:57 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Hmm, this looks familiar.

Reply #32 Posted: September 02, 2015, 06:10:51 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Just use an enlarged version of the new $20 note.

It's already got the Queen on it. Sorted.

Or good old Edmund Hillary

Wait what? Our money is changing (again) too?

Reply #33 Posted: September 10, 2015, 11:39:02 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik
Wait what? Our money is changing (again) too?

http://www.brightermoney.co.nz/

Reply #34 Posted: September 11, 2015, 08:16:34 am

Should just get rid of paper (plastic) money altogether. Force everyone to go electronic.

Reply #35 Posted: September 11, 2015, 09:18:17 am

So Red Peak on now part of the referendum

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11517757

I've included it the original poll and reset the votes.

Personally I think Red Peak would be better as Australia's flag, because it's the shape of an A, then the red triangle in the middle reminds me of Uluru / Ayers Rock.

Reply #36 Posted: September 23, 2015, 03:28:00 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

+1 for Red Peak.

+2 for scrapping the whole fucking thing.

Reply #37 Posted: September 23, 2015, 04:00:46 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Fuck yeah, now people can vote for the flag that their friend who did graphic design but now works as a bank teller told them is actually the best design even though it didn't get much attention initially because people hadn't had its significance explained to them.

#wellinformeddecisions

Reply #38 Posted: September 23, 2015, 07:45:40 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
We can use the money generated by our Rockstar Economy to select more flags that people didnt realize that they wanted!

Reply #39 Posted: September 23, 2015, 08:06:42 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
"Hey can we get Kiwi Laser added as an option too?"

"Sure, go nuts, do whatever the fuck you want, I'm out of here soon anyway" - JK

Reply #40 Posted: September 23, 2015, 08:18:57 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I want to keep, but if we have to change it should be Te Pepe

Reply #41 Posted: September 24, 2015, 12:16:21 am

I don't like Red Peak at all, I don't see how a bunch of triangles has anything to do with New Zealand. However if it gets more people interested in the referendum then that's only a good thing.

Reply #42 Posted: September 24, 2015, 10:01:39 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I don't like Red Peak at all, I don't see how a bunch of triangles has anything to do with New Zealand. However if it gets more people interested in the referendum then that's only a good thing.

If you draw a line between the bottom of the south island, and the top of the north island - NZ is a triangle
If you look at our Mountain Ranges - they are made up of Triangles
If you look at our boat builders - the hulls look like triangles.
If you look at our national sport (Rugby) - a Rugby ball is pretty much 2 triangles stuck together.
If you look at NZ - the Letters N and Z are pretty much made up of 2 triangles apeice.

Reply #43 Posted: September 24, 2015, 11:13:39 am

If you draw a line between the bottom of the south island, and the top of the north island - NZ is a triangle
If you look at our national sport (Rugby) - a Rugby ball is pretty much 2 triangles stuck together.
If you look at NZ - the Letters N and Z are pretty much made up of 2 triangles apeice.

Now that I have had it's significance explained to me, I clearly see why this is the best design.

Reply #44 Posted: September 24, 2015, 11:19:38 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted

Now that I have had it's significance explained to me, I clearly see why this is the best design.

No no no, he's not a graphic designer, ideally Rii needs to tell you about the strength of the triangle and the modes of affluence the colours are contrived from.

Reply #45 Posted: September 24, 2015, 05:54:29 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Red peak is growing on me, if we combine it just like this.

Reply #46 Posted: September 25, 2015, 07:55:06 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

No no no, he's not a graphic designer, ideally Rii needs to tell you about the strength of the triangle and the modes of affluence the colours are contrived from.

Flag works because it is massively contemporary. It can't be linked to any previously established brand. The koru designs and fern designs where shit because every fucking Joe Fuck Face has some sort of koru pattern or fern in their NZ business logo, we're tired of seeing the same emblems being trotted out.

Also, I have no fucking clue about flag designing. It's an entirely different beast and has to please a nation, not a marketing board, despite what those fuck-holes at National think.

Reply #47 Posted: September 25, 2015, 02:24:41 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Flag works because it is massively contemporary. It can't be linked to any previously established brand. The koru designs and fern designs where shit because every fucking Joe Fuck Face has some sort of koru pattern or fern in their NZ business logo, we're tired of seeing the same emblems being trotted out.

Also, I have no fucking clue about flag designing. It's an entirely different beast and has to please a nation, not a marketing board, despite what those fuck-holes at National think.

IT WORKS BECAUSE IT IS TRIANGLES!

Reply #48 Posted: September 25, 2015, 02:38:55 pm

It works because a2 = b2 + c2 - 2bc cos a

Reply #49 Posted: September 25, 2015, 02:59:46 pm