Topic: Post Your Workspace

Offline nzjeebs

• Addicted
  • nzjeebs has no influence.
Keen to see what kind of spaces people work in. (Keen for pictures of forklifts/cockpits/firetrucks etc.)

Currently, freelancing, my workspace = my bedroom. One from my class last year below that.

Posted: May 26, 2010, 07:10:13 pm
aka Jeebs

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Here's my workspace.

Reply #1 Posted: May 26, 2010, 07:26:50 pm

Offline Ultrarandom

• Just settled in
  • Ultrarandom has no influence.

I actually work in the workshop next to this one but you get the idea xD
EDIT: I lold at how everyone elses job so far involves computers

Reply #2 Posted: May 26, 2010, 07:28:31 pm

Offline AfroDizzzy

• Addicted
  • AfroDizzzy has no influence.
I pick up boxes in warehouses for money... F@K YEA!!

No picture needed. Just imagine yours truely opening,closing and lugging boxes around! SUUPPERR WINNN

Ultra... they building rockets next to you or something xD?
 P.S: WTF IS A FAN DOING INSIDE THAT THING?!!!! *fueling the fire right?*

Reply #3 Posted: May 26, 2010, 07:40:34 pm

Offline nzjeebs

• Addicted
Damn what do you do hep? Looks interesting. Photos afro! Do it!

Reply #4 Posted: May 26, 2010, 07:52:31 pm
aka Jeebs

Offline nzjeebs

• Addicted
:O impressive, who/what does that help? Something to do with climate change i'm assuming?

Reply #5 Posted: May 26, 2010, 08:51:21 pm
aka Jeebs

Offline heplonjr

• Just settled in
  • heplonjr has no influence.
The way I see it is that I am doing pure science, just working stuff out because we dont already know about it. My supervisor on the other hand think this has applications to:

Water use efficiency in crop plants

climate change

global warming

biofuels/alternative fuels

travel to outer space

saving the AIDS orphans

building superhumans with laser eyes

My girlfriends supervisor genuinely thinks he is saving the world through the study of Bee memory. Academics are fanatic about their subject eh...

Reply #6 Posted: May 26, 2010, 08:57:26 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Reply #7 Posted: May 26, 2010, 09:18:26 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
THE MORE YOU REALISE YOU DON'T!

Reply #8 Posted: May 26, 2010, 09:38:21 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: heplonjr;1270854
Academics are fanatic about their subject eh...

I spent this evening working on a survey about offensive language... it is hell fun working with such colourful language as a research project. Public opinion is a fickle and changing thing, watching this through inclusions & exclusions of words & phrases over the 17 years of BSA surveys could fill many a drunken evening ... but I have no pretensions about saving the world :001_tongue:

I would post my workspace but my desk is kinda chaotic... maybe when it's a bit tidier :blush:

Reply #9 Posted: May 26, 2010, 11:17:02 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline MrBurNZ

• Devoted Member
  • MrBurNZ barely matters.MrBurNZ barely matters.
Mine. Pretty messy at the moment.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6334/imag0039uy.jpg
Post Your Workspace

Reply #10 Posted: May 27, 2010, 10:01:11 am
BF3 = MrBoourNZ

Offline [tsw].Forsaken

• Just settled in
  • [tsw].Forsaken has no influence.
LOL love the little mirror to check on who's coming down the aisle......a little helping tool against NSFW material

Reply #11 Posted: May 27, 2010, 10:36:30 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/108/dsc00827ux.jpg
Post Your Workspace

Had to cut out some game art on the wall from the pic due to NDA

Reply #12 Posted: May 27, 2010, 11:26:54 am

Offline Scorched_onion

• Addicted
  • Scorched_onion has no influence.
Game tester?

Or unemployed?

Reply #13 Posted: May 27, 2010, 06:42:08 pm

Asus P5Q P45 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 3ghz, from 2.33 | HD6850 1gbGDDR5 | NZXT Tempest | Seagate 1TB | Gigabyte Odin Pro 550w | 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL DDR2-1000 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | BenQ T2200HD 22" 1920x1080 | Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Gaming Mouse | Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech Z2300 2.1

Quote from: Pyromanik;1442484
WANK UPSIDE DOWN: GIVE YOURSELF A FACIAL

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Developer

Reply #14 Posted: May 27, 2010, 06:58:05 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Fuck that's awesome.

Reply #15 Posted: May 27, 2010, 07:08:12 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Codex

Im jealous bell.

Reply #16 Posted: May 27, 2010, 07:45:10 pm

Offline Ultrarandom

• Just settled in
Ultra... they building rockets next to you or something xD?
 P.S: WTF IS A FAN DOING INSIDE THAT THING?!!!! *fueling the fire right?*
[/quote]
I can't exactly remember what that was haha. That's the fabrication workshop so was probably some refurbishing for an old grain silo. I work in the machining workshop =P

Reply #17 Posted: May 27, 2010, 08:56:21 pm

Offline Bane

• Addicted
  • Bane has no influence.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/BaneDraconus/Machined%20bits/IMG_5699.jpg
Post Your Workspace

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/BaneDraconus/Machined%20bits/IMG_5873.jpg
Post Your Workspace

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/BaneDraconus/IMG_6042.jpg
Post Your Workspace

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/BaneDraconus/IMG_6043.jpg
Post Your Workspace

I'm posting actual jobs rather than "Complete work pics" because my work is BORING apart from the things i actually MAKE..

I'm either eyeball-deep in coolant staring at a CNC machine (Programming, setting and operating) or being a monkey turning some dials on a lathe or a milling machine.. Yeah, toolmaker's job isnt the flashiest :P

Reply #18 Posted: May 27, 2010, 09:10:47 pm

Offline Ultrarandom

• Just settled in
Quote from: Bane;1271314
I'm posting actual jobs rather than "Complete work pics" because my work is BORING apart from the things i actually MAKE..

I'm either eyeball-deep in coolant staring at a CNC machine (Programming, setting and operating) or being a monkey turning some dials on a lathe or a milling machine.. Yeah, toolmaker's job isnt the flashiest :P
Gotta love those CNC machines :P

Reply #19 Posted: May 27, 2010, 09:17:24 pm

Offline Bane

• Addicted
  • Bane has no influence.
Quote from: Ultrarandom;1271317

Gotta love those CNC lathes :P

What are you running? I've got a Mazak V414 and a FJV at my disposal, and a crappy Kitamura Quick-change twin pallet thing that takes about six hours to program a five minute job..

Reply #20 Posted: May 27, 2010, 09:22:56 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.

Haha so true. I worked in a tool shop for a bit. Some days are boring as fuck, because you gotta sit there, watching the lathe go, and perfectly stop it. Then get pissed off if you miss. some of the machines i worked on, didn't even have auto feed, so would spend so long just turning those dials. Plus everything seems to be so rough when first cut. Spent half a day once, just grinding the flash off parts that have just been cut. Got so many metal shards in my fingers :(

Reply #21 Posted: May 27, 2010, 09:27:40 pm

Offline ldssmith

• Addicted
  • ldssmith has no influence.
I work the front counter ;)

Reply #22 Posted: May 27, 2010, 09:38:55 pm
L D S S M I T H

Offline AfroDizzzy

• Addicted
  • AfroDizzzy has no influence.
Quote from: kAiO;1271327
I work the front counter ;)

So i guess i wont get the special "sauce" on my burgers then?

Reply #23 Posted: May 27, 2010, 09:46:41 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
this is where i attempt to make a living...

oh and i suppose this is what i make:
http://www.meadowlark.co.nz

Reply #24 Posted: May 27, 2010, 10:37:00 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................